Page 456 of 560 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 8387
    In case anyone is looking for movie suggestions, I just watched one called 'The Words' and I highly recommend it. It's just a really solid movie all around. Plus it has Olivia Wilde in it.... hooooooooooot. 9/10 from me.

PS - I didn't check this thread to see if it has already been mentioned, so sorry if it has.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    In case anyone is looking for movie suggestions, I just watched one called 'The Words' and I highly recommend it. It's just a really solid movie all around. Plus it has Olivia Wilde in it.... hooooooooooot. 9/10 from me.

PS - I didn't check this thread to see if it has already been mentioned, so sorry if it has.
    No need to apologize. The thread is last movie you saw and rate it. So it doesn't matter if it has already been rated before. Lots of movies are rated by multiple people.

I haven't heard of the movie. What's it about?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No need to apologize. The thread is last movie you saw and rate it. So it doesn't matter if it has already been rated before. Lots of movies are rated by multiple people.

I haven't heard of the movie. What's it about?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840417/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I've actually seen this at Redbox or some such and thought about picking it up before. Maybe I will now.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    Pacific Rim.....was 10x better than I expected it to be.

For any anime fans its pretty much a rip off of Neon Genesis Evangalion (to some extent) but as far as big time blockbusters it was definitely worth seeing in the theater. I mean its big robots fighting big monsters. Guillermo del Toro definitely did not disappoint as he hasn't in the past. I'll give it a 4 out of 5 as the story was a little weak but overall it was what I was expecting but done much better than i could have ever imagined.
    I thought the movie was AWESOME, my only beef is its story is a LOT like the Avengers
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    I thought the movie was AWESOME, my only beef is its story is a LOT like the Avengers
    Transformers (specifically Dark of the Moon), Man of Steel, Avengers, Pacific Rim, Battle: Los Angeles etc...

They're all alien invasion movies so they're going to have similar plots I suppose. Or they all just suffer from Hollywood's lack of originality anymore.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Pacific Rim was awesome. Bad acting and a tame plot, but it was very nostalgic and optimistic. And that's what del Toro set out to do, to make a fun, entertaining, and optimistic kind of summer movie. It was like a sci-fi version of Power Rangers.

Evil Dead (Remake) 6/10

Meh, I liked the homage the original Evil Dead but it was like any other average slasher movie.

42 7/10

Seems to be like any other sports movie.

Korean Films:

Deranged 6/10

The movie was about how mutant horsehair worms would infect people and cause them to commit suicide via drowning in a large area of water. Yeah....

A Werewolf Boy 8/10

You mix in Twilight, Edward Scissorhands, Peter Pan, and Korean melodrama to get this movie. This movie in a sense is the Korea's Twilight. The only difference is this movie is actually pretty good for being a movie targeted towards the fan girl crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    Transformers (specifically Dark of the Moon), Man of Steel, Avengers, Pacific Rim, Battle: Los Angeles etc...

They're all alien invasion movies so they're going to have similar plots I suppose. Or they all just suffer from Hollywood's lack of originality anymore.
    well yes, but i mean exactly the same plot, i dont want to spoil anything but i think you would know what im talking about if you see it.

still incredibly enjoyable and fun. i just wish someone would do something different
    -------

The Conjuring- 8/10.

Wow wow wow. Best horror flick I have seen in years.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Conjuring- 8/10.

Wow wow wow. Best horror flick I have seen in years.
    Really? I thought it looked kind of hokey. I'm going to check it out. Is it scary?

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World 8/10.

Good movie but wow was it depressing.....

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Really? I thought it looked kind of hokey. I'm going to check it out. Is it scary?
    Um yes. And movies don't scare me anymore.

It's very well put together the way a horror flick should be. And the demon stuff wasn't over the top or cheesy the way most of them are these days.

They did a phenomenal job setting you up to where you think something is predictable and you prepare yourself for a pop up so you don't get scared but then completely catching you off guard with something else. I can't remember the last time there were that many times that something made me jump. I'm usually laughing at my buddy for not being prepared for the obvious ones. Which that did happen a few times but other times the movie got me too.

It probably also helps that it had a really solid cast as well. And what they did to set the mood was semi original.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 07-20-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Can't wait to see the conjuring tonight. Looks great. It's been years since a horror movie has gotten to me. Based on critic reviews, user reviews and the previews....I'm stoked.

I watched 42 last night. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it nice story and such.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

The Conjuring: 10/10

As far as horror movies go...it gets a 10. It's crazy. Very tense. Good story. Wow.