Page 457 of 560 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 507 557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 8388
    side effects 8/10

really good twist and turns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    The Conjuring: 10/10

As far as horror movies go...it gets a 10. It's crazy. Very tense. Good story. Wow.
    Yeah I really wanted to rate it a 10 but figured it would be a knee jerk reaction.

Cloud Atlas: 6/10

So I finally got around to this one. I think this movie got a lot of bad reviews and so forth and didn't do very well in the box office run it had but it wasn't too bad really. It was definitely interesting enough to hold out until the end.

I think what most people had a beef with was the order of things and how the timeline and storylines were mixed up and confusing. At times I was finding myself attempting to backtrack to see who was who or if one person was the same person in another timeline or if they were playing a seperate character altogether. I think all the people with the shooting star birthmark were supposed to be the same person throughout history but I could've gotten that wrong. Either way, it's not confusing or cryptic that the movie is mostly about reincarnation and humanity being linked by previous people throughout history, or linked to ourselves from a past life. I've not read the book and I'm sure it explains it a lot better than the movie, but that's kind of what I got out of it.

Overall, the story is, at it's core, about love and perseverance. Both good topics, but probably overdone a little bit although I think they found an inventive way to convey those ideas.

It had some really neat parts, some funny parts and some thought-provoking parts and then it had some pretty decent effects and cinematography as well. I believe it got nominated for an Oscar for cinematography but I don't think it was better than the winner.

I think the Wachowski siblings' films have drastically gone down hill since the first Matrix (including its sequels) and I'm not sure why that is, but they just can't seem to make another astounding film. I know everyone loves V for Vendetta, but just like that film and Cloud Atlas, someone else had already written the story and I wasn't too impressed with V for Vendetta anyway. Then you've got Speed Racer... that movie was just a giant ball of hallucinogenic neon lights and campy/corny acting (yes I know it was all on purpose but damn).

Anyway, Cloud Atlas, I'd say is worth checking out at least once but you might need to watch it several times to let everything come together and sink in.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Movie 43 quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Movie 43 quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen 0/10
    Doesn't surprise me, I have zero interest in that movie because it looks terrible.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, I have zero interest in that movie because it looks terrible.
    I said the same thing to my buddy when he asked me if I wanted to go. It showed me absolutely nothing in the trailers that looked entertaining or funny.

He came back with the same response as captainbronco that it was the worst movie he had ever seen. Thankfully I saved the $10 based on being smart enough not to go. He unfortunately did waste his money.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I said the same thing to my buddy when he asked me if I wanted to go. It showed me absolutely nothing in the trailers that looked entertaining or funny.

He came back with the same response as captainbronco that it was the worst movie he had ever seen. Thankfully I saved the $10 based on being smart enough not to go. He unfortunately did waste his money.
    Yeah there is just some movies you know won't be good at all. There is some movies that look bad but you don't know so you wait and rent it. But movies like this one from the day it was announced it was terrible.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

a couple of people i know keep telling me to watch it and i'm really starting to contemplate cutting all ties with them...

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    a couple of people i know keep telling me to watch it and i'm really starting to contemplate cutting all ties with them...
    I figured someone was bound to like it.

I just hadnt met any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    Don't watch it a waste of an hour and a half my woman and I got it cause we thought it'd be funny good thing we only.paid 80 cents for it at red box and she paid haha

"The Jerk Theory" 8/10. A good romantic comedy

"Waiting For Forever" 7/10. This may be a little too high, but I WORSHIP Rachel Bilson. It kept my attention and had a good ending
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 07-24-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Now You See Me

10/10

Great movie, Go see it!

Superman- 6/10

All I have to say is thank god for today's CGI. It was a very entertaining story/movie but oh wow were the affects bad back then. The scene with Clark running alongside the train in high school had me laughing it was so corny.

Some of it wasn't too bad like the flying alongside missiles but I also laughed when Christopher Reeves swiped his hand real fast behind Lois pretending to catch a bullet. So corny.

I will say Christopher Reeves has the clumsy, dorky shy Clark down pat. Much better at that than Tom Welling or Dean Cain ever were. I also like the Lois more than the modern day Lois's except maybe Terri Hatcher.

I like Erica Durance from Smallville but I get tired of people changing the look like the black hair. And Amy Adams may be good personality wise but she looks nothing like Lois Lane.

Another good aspect of this movie was they didn't spend way too much time on the origins portion of the movie.

I'll be watching Superman 2 soon which I'm more looking forward to those villains than Lex Luthor.

The Wolverine- 6/10

Decent entertaining movie. Not great not bad.

Had its typical slow story buildup for an Xmen movie. They seem to always spend more time building relationships, talking about the issue or tracing history than actually doing anything about it.

Had an awesome fight scene on the train though. Also a little predictable.

Worth a watch but doesn't have to be on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Wolverine- 6/10

Decent entertaining movie. Not great not bad.

Had its typical slow story buildup for an Xmen movie. They seem to always spend more time building relationships, talking about the issue or tracing history than actually doing anything about it.

Had an awesome fight scene on the train though. Also a little predictable.

Worth a watch but doesn't have to be on the big screen.
    that's disappointing wish fox would hand the rights over to Marvel so they could make a decent Wolverine movie