Page 458 of 560 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 8390
    Pitch Black 8/10
    Love the Riddick movies, since the new one is coming soon I decided to rewatch all the films and replay the 2 games...all in order. So Butcher Bay then Dark Athena then/now Pitch Black.

Pitch Black is a good movie IMO, very rewatchable, decent acting, balanced action.

Vin Diesel is to Riddick as Ryan Reynolds is to Deadpool. They just fit the characters, and Riddick is the only movies besides the Fast series that I'd watch Diesel in.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    that's disappointing wish fox would hand the rights over to Marvel so they could make a decent Wolverine movie
    That's what I'm saying. Fox has been terrible with the X-Men films, none of them was good IMO. Give em to Marvel and let them do it right. Hell I ask the same for Sony because the Spider-Man movies are bad too.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Fox has been terrible with the X-Men films, none of them was good IMO. Give em to Marvel and let them do it right. Hell I ask the same for Sony because the Spider-Man movies are bad too.
    yeah i thought they were gonna reboot the X-men series when they made first class but decided to put the wrong characters minus Beast in the movie

i enjoyed the spidey movies but i wish they would go back to marvel cause how awesome would it be if Wolverine and Spidey showed up in future Avengers movie

Wolverine: 6.5/10

Well, it was better than Origins, which unfortunately, isn't saying much. I found it slightly more entertaining but really kind of unnecessary. The problem with these Wolverine spinoffs is that all the writers and directors of the various X-Men related films are trying to tie them in to or acknowledge the original 3 films and it's becoming really forced and campy.

The fact that he kept dreaming about Jean Grey was extremely annoying and took you out of the story completely. Especially since they really forced yet another love (or at least lust) interest onto Logan in this one. We already heard about his long-lost love from the first X-Men movie, then we got the background story of her in Origins... and then we got his affair with Jean Grey which isn't even cannon and it's really annoying that they brought that up in this installment, all while making him interested in this random chic he's meant to be protecting...

Oh and then they just kind of brushed over the villain, which is supposed to be one of Wolverine's all time biggest nemeses if I'm remembering correctly. I don't even know if they did it correctly according to cannon but at least he was kind of cool. the Poison-Ivy rip off chic was annoying (I'm sure she's a real character in the X-Men universe but not big enough for me to remember) and really gave away most of the situations in the plot. There really wasn't much guess work that the audience had to do. Let's make Logan mortal by giving him some rip off type of thing like kryptonite... and we'll even make it green! Apparently Logan is allergic to snakes but nothing else... ever.

Anyway, there was better action over all than in Origins and although the bullet train scene was about as campy as the bullet train scene from Mission Impossible: II, it was still pretty cool to see. I just hated that the whole plot was basically: "hey, you saved my life from a freaking nuclear blast... i'm going to come back later and try to steal your powers and kill you to show my gratitude for uh... saving me from a NUCLEAR BLAST!"

I dunno, like you guys said, Fox just needs to fork it over, and while they're at it, they can give Spiderman back too.

Pacific Rim: 8/10

Overall, a pretty entertaining movie. Kind of a new twist on the giant monster movie and the giant robots. I think this is based on a Japanese cartoon or cartoon movie or graphic novel or some such thing so if you keep that in mind then some of the ridiculousness is acceptable.

I couldn't get on board with the actor though, and I knew I'd have this problem from listening to his voice over during the trailers. Just... something about his accent that bothered me. He wasn't a bad actor or anything though.

Another thing that really bothered me was the completely unwarranted, out-of-nowhere hostility from that hotshot Jager pilot who piloted with his old man (and his old man seemed to respect our main character just fine). He had a major problem with a guy who would have been his superior officer had he stayed in, who would have had more Kaiju kills than he and his father had (what was it, 7 or 10?) if he'd linked up with another pilot... he completely didn't understand how badass of a pilot he had to be in order to continue operating that giant robot by himself (which was the ONLY reason their commanding officer sought him out to bring him back) and as if that wasn't enough, he brought that thing back to shore and survived alone after not only witnessing but feeling and simultaneously experiencing his brother's death. That kid was just terrible writing altogether. I don't know how Guillermo let that happen.

The rest of the movie was kind of awesome though. The Kaijus were pretty sick looking for the most part and it was great that they were all different. This is a movie that you have to just let go of all of your critical thoughts, all of your "that would never happen in real life" thoughts and just enjoy as if you were watching a cartoon. We never have those thoughts while we're watching a cartoon but for some reason if it's a live action movie, suddenly the laws of physics and technological advancement have to be realistic or it's bunk.

I couldn't get over the Jager thing though. I was so hoping and waiting for a Jager Bomb joke.

Anyway, go see it. It's a great example of a text-book summer blockbuster movie. Also, if anyone sees this movie and DOESN'T complain about all the destruction and human life loss in this film but they did so with Man of Steel: You suck... that is all.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I actually really liked everything about The Wolverine, that bullet train seen was awesome IMO I didn't find it campy at all.

8.5/10

The Conjuring was good, I really enjoyed it.

Dark Skies 5.5/10
    Movie was alright, nothing special. Only reason I wanted to see it was because anything involving aliens interest me.
    It executed it's twist pretty well.(Spoiler:Like the part where J.K Simmons character says they take the one whom they made contact with first. So everyone is thinking the youngest son. When really it was the oldest. That was a good twist in the film.[/COLOR])

It also hinted at a sequel.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

"Big Momma's House: Like Father Like Son"-8/10. Just as fun as the earlier two

Scarface 7/10
    First time seeing Scarface. I thought it was a good movie, Al Pacino is a gem in the acting business.
    Wasn't really a fan of the ending though.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Scarface 7/10
    First time seeing Scarface. I thought it was a good movie, Al Pacino is a gem in the acting business.
    Wasn't really a fan of the ending though.
    Have you seen Carlito's Way ? Good film

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Carlito's Way is good stuff.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Personally I really like "The Recruit"

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Indeed, Al is one of my favorite actors. I was ashamed of myself for not seeing Scarface. I really liked Carlito's way, Heat is another good one.

Al is one of those actors (to me) where when his name is on it, regardless what it's about you watch it. I even saw Phil Spector which I honestly wouldn't have had any interest in if he wasn't in it.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Indeed, Al is one of my favorite actors. I was ashamed of myself for not seeing Scarface. I really liked Carlito's way, Heat is another good one.

Al is one of those actors (to me) where when his name is on it, regardless what it's about you watch it. I even saw Phil Spector which I honestly wouldn't have had any interest in if he wasn't in it.
    I also really like Dog Day Afternoon and The Devil's Advocate. Tbh, I think Dog Day Afternoon is a better film than the Godfathers. It touched on sooo many things that movies back then didn't. It had a lot of oddly hilarious moments too. The Devil's Advocate is just solid evil Pacino.

Dark Shadows- 4/10

I thought this movie was extremely boring and lame. It didn't seem to have too much purpose and go anywhere other than being a scorned lovers revenge from 1,000 years ago.

I thought the movie was supposed to be a borderline comedy but it wasn't very funny. If you call it a suspense it wasn't very suspensful. I'm not even sure that is possible for Johnny Depp anymore.

Honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I was actually entertained by a Johnny Depp film. He is falling way off in my opinion. I quit watching a little over halfway through but my wife finished it. I think she liked it ok but not too much.

Can't really give too much of a snyopsis other than the scorned lover witch turns the lover (Depp) into a vampire and then buries him for 1,000 years. Then somehow still feels scorned 1,000 years later when he still doesn't want her for anything intimate. Kind of lame if you ask me. So I guess she tries to ruin his life again.

I guess you had to be a fan of the show to really get it. But since I know nothing of it other than that the show exists then it didn't make much sense to me.