Page 502 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 8390
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    How do you feel about Cooper stating that WE are the aliens?

This creates a rather glaring paradox. We are told the worm hole was placed there by the aliens (aka us in the future), yet we can't survive on Earth and need to leave it by sending people through the wormhole to eventually collect the black hole data.
    I think that this is merely a result of filmmakers trying to make a movie involving time travel (at least roughly in this case) and still not being able to do it without loopholes, plot holes or paradox. The same thing is inherently wrong with the Terminator films as well. Conner essentially saves his mother and himself by sending his own father back to protect her, which ultimately creates him as a result, which makes it possible for him to send his father back and loop loop loop.

I think Interstellar does a wonderful job at the attempt to explain this type of situation. Although, it never really expressly mentions that the future humans are the ones that placed the wormhole outside of Saturn. Cooper only realizes that he sent himself on the trip in order to get Murph to understand the truth about gravity so that she could set the stage for humanity to figure out that next dimension in reality. So I tend to let it go that humans placed the wormhole there as a result. But the problem is that they probably did place it there. They did, after all, have a patrol that rescued Cooper while he was floating around in Saturn orbit.

I think it's what makes this movie great. It sparks this type of conversation. The one thing that I think they do right is that they don't end up trying to send people "back." They can only still move forward in actual time. When Cooper is inside the teseract, he is able to move along any point of time in Murph's life, but never outside of her bedroom. He could only communicate with her through her bedroom by various means. (Obviously if you have that type of effect on gravity and such, or whatever, one argument is that why didn't Cooper just write her a note? Or a note to himself? Who knows. I like to think he could only control certain aspects and couldn't really move objects at will or pick anything up.

But this is the beauty of black holes. No one. Absolutely no one knows what they're all about. Einstein's theory is still just simply that, a theory. Do we really know for sure if time dilates the way he thought where black holes are concerned? No one has been close enough to one to find out whether time slows down or speeds up for them or others outside of its hold. No one has been inside of one and lived to tell about it. We haven't even begun to attempt trying that yet. So, as far as the film goes, I think it does a great job providing a fresh spin on an idea and a theory that many are interested in and have a general idea about how it might work.

I don't know if I'm making much sense, but simply put, I chalked it up to us not really understanding time travel or its effects on historical activities.

Another glaring hole is Amelia Brand setting up camp on the new planet. Cooper went into a black hole. Judging by the time the astronaut aged in space waiting for them to get off the water planet near the black hole, if Cooper went so close and into the black hole while Brand rocketed out of it, she should have aged even more than the hapless astronaut did abord the ship. Yet we see Cooper happily going to see young Brand at the end.
    I really just decided that said planet was also close enough to Gargantua that her time spent there would also be altered or slowed down relative to everyone else's. Obviously the fact that he was INSIDE the dang thing would suggest that time basically stopped for him while he was in it, but I think that the dilation of time would effect the planet she was on enough to keep her at least still somewhat young when he finally arrived.

Also, when it shows her on the planet, there is no context of anything. The shot could be her first few days there period. It shows her burying her lover, and then it shows her little base camp that she has set up, but she could have done that in a few days. We also never see Cooper arrive on the planet, so we have no idea when those events take place in relation to when he goes after her. /shrugs. that one is easier than your previous question just because film making. hahaha.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Spoiler alert much?
    Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    hahaah no kidding. glad i already saw it
    This is why I put the giant disclaimer in bold red CAPS in my signature.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    This is why I put the giant disclaimer in bold red CAPS in my signature.
    Yeah I usually avoid certain reviews when I haven't seen the movie yet. But a lot of people are good a talking about a movie without giving away key information.

I don't recall reading one of yours before and going "oh man" either.

It's not the end of the world. I quickly quit reading his post as soon as I realized. But the first sentence was something I hadn't heard from people yet.

I generally like that a lot of users open individual threads when they want to spoil stuff. Like for TV shows or major movies. Then I just avoid the thread until I'm caught up on the show or seen the movie.

I do however realize that in this case what he was asking you doesn't warrant a new thread. So I also skipped your reply to him.

Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1 5.5/10

I have read all three books (the books are awesome) and really enjoyed the first two movies.
    They divided the third book into two parts. So, it makes this movie basically a setup for Mockingjay part 2.
    So, because of that, it made this movie basically flat and boring, setting up for the finale.
    I don't really have high expectations for part 2 either. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1 5.5/10

I have read all three books (the books are awesome) and really enjoyed the first two movies.
    They divided the third book into two parts. So, it makes this movie basically a setup for Mockingjay part 2.
    So, because of that, it made this movie basically flat and boring, setting up for the finale.
    I don't really have high expectations for part 2 either. We will see.
    Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 7/10

I enjoyed it. Having not read the books and enjoying both previous movies this was less action but enjoyed the story. It has me wanting to watch part 2. I think it ended at a good point too.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 7/10

I enjoyed it. Having not read the books and enjoying both previous movies this was less action but enjoyed the story. It has me wanting to watch part 2. I think it ended at a good point too.
    crazy. if anything, SPOILER end it during the choke scene END SPOILER. i watched the second one hrs before this one and thought it was night and day. simply a cash grab. but i still want to see the last one!!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Spoiler alert much?
    Sorry I usually post in the TV show threads where people talk about each episode.

Kick Ass 2 7.5/10

more violent than i thought it would be not as enjoyable as the first movie but not as bad as everyone is saying about it

i thoroughly enjoyed it all the action scenes were fun and the violence was up to par with the comic book but they changed the ending a lot from the comic book to fit the movie which i understand hit-girl was still bad ass i hope there is a 3rd movie but i doubt it

overall i liked kick ass 2

Chef ~ 9.5/10

FANTASTIC movie! The cast was brilliant and the RDJ cameo made me LOL.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=384903&dateline=14112  76952
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

The Maze Runner 7/10

way better than the hunger games new movie. i really liked this movie and was not anticipating it to be good. can not wait til the 2nd movie and really want to read the books now

Exodus: Gods and Kings 7/10

This movie wasn't quite what I had hoped for. It was a decent portrayal of the events leading up to Moses freeing the slaves from Egypt.

I think my main issue with this was the casting job. Several actors didn't fit the role and surprisingly Bale was one of them. He is my favorite actor but there seemed to be very little effort on his part to fit the time era. His accent and dialogue sounded far too modern and even his appearance for the first 45 minutes didn't fit.

Aaron Paul I'm a fan of from Breaking Bad but his role didn't suit him at all either.

And there were two other guys whose names I'm not familiar with but have seen who also didn't fit the parts.

On top of that the movie was a little slow for the first hour. But it picked up pretty good when all the special effects started happening for the plagues.

This didn't bother me but for a lot of people I know there will be complaints about the portrayals and explanations for some of the plagues and how the 10 commandments came to be. To that I say it's Hollywood though. And everyone interprets things differently.

The movie was worth a watch. But save your $10 for Hobbit next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    The Maze Runner 7/10

way better than the hunger games new movie. i really liked this movie and was not anticipating it to be good. can not wait til the 2nd movie and really want to read the books now
    The books are much darker than the Hunger Games. If you like that dystopian type of story, you should like them.

This is the End 5/10

This movie was seriously bad. I had heard some people in here loved it but I don't know why.

It was as bad as I thought from the trailers. Glad I waited till it was free.

It definitely had its moments which is why I'm ok with a 5. It was decent enough to keep me till the end. But so much parts that I just didn't understand the point of.

Like why did the demons need to have large genitalia that showed?

Why did one need to have that scene with Jonah Hill?

And the last scene I thought was tasteless. Guess I should expect nothing less out of Seth Rogan though. I do like some things he is in but his movies tend to be about as foul as they come.

The Backstreet Boys almost got it knocked down to a 4 too.

I wish they had kept a few more celebrities though like Michael Cera.

Oh and I don't get how Danny McBride and his crew were able to survive either.

The Book Thief 100/10
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Interstellar

8/10

Christopher Nolan is a genius. Not for this movie really, but because he put Matthew McConaughey in space where he is unable to take his shirt off.

The acting is actually pretty good. Mixed in with the usual Nolan cast are some pretty good actors. Nothing would give any of these people an oscar, but solid work all around. There is even an actor that I totally did not expect near the middle/end, but I won't spoil who it is.

The visual effects are amazing. Every bit of scenery was fantastic.

Really the ending was just kind of bleh and dropped it from a great movie to pretty good. Overall I would suggest seeing it once, but probably not buying it unless you are a huge space and/or relativity buff.