Page 506 of 556 FirstFirst ... 6 406 456 496 504 505 506 507 508 516 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 8331
    Whiplash 9.2/10

How did I miss this one? Looking back, 2014 was packed with amazing movies and this one is no different. I will in fact go as far as calling it a masterpiece. Holy cow, is J.K. Simmons brilliant as the ever brutal mentor in his relentless pursuit of perfection. The final duel and ending is phenomenal.

If 2014 was an indication of what's to come, Hollywood is in good shape!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

The Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10
    I think I'm the only person that can't stand Wes Anderson's movies.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    Go watch the Book Thief if you haven't already. I just watched it this week and didn't even know it was one of his ahead of time.

I thought it was a little below what I had heard it to be. But still a pretty solid movie. And better than Grand Budapest. I would go around 6.5 to 7 though not 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    Grand Budapest Hotel is the first one of his that I've seen. Maybe I liked it because it reminded me of classic films, but with a lot of humor. Good cast.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Go watch the Book Thief if you haven't already. I just watched it this week and didn't even know it was one of his ahead of time.

I thought it was a little below what I had heard it to be. But still a pretty solid movie. And better than Grand Budapest. I would go around 6.5 to 7 though not 10's.
    Wasn't The Book Thief directed by Brian Percival and written by Michael Petroni based on the book by Marcus Zusak?

Wasn't The Book Thief directed by Brian Percival and written by Michael Petroni based on the book by Marcus Zusak?
    Yes and I'm actually major confused to as to why I thought that. I literally just watched a movie with my wife where at first I was thinking wes craven and was like oh no it said wes Anderson.

I'm lost now. I must've dreampt it.

Ok I looked it up. Major mistake on my part. I must've glanced at the screen at the wrong time. It was Paul W.S. Anderson for Pompeii. I must've glanced and thought it said Wes Anderson.

Just ignore what I said. Pure ignorance on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yes and I'm actually major confused to as to why I thought that. I literally just watched a movie with my wife where at first I was thinking wes craven and was like oh no it said wes Anderson.

I'm lost now. I must've dreampt it.

Ok I looked it up. Major mistake on my part. I must've glanced at the screen at the wrong time. It was Paul W.S. Anderson for Pompeii. I must've glanced and thought it said Wes Anderson.

Just ignore what I said. Pure ignorance on my part.
    Haha. I was like, "wait...."

The only Anderson you should trust as a director is Paul Thomas Anderson. I do respect Wes's work though. I just can't get into his movies.

Anyone an extreme horror fan? Martyrs, Inside, AU, Dard Divorce, etc?

Last movie I saw was "Draft Day"

7/10
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Gone Girl- 9/10

Absolutely freaking amazing movie!!

I finally liked Afflec in something to.

My only knock was I think I predicted the main mystery/twist early on and then it was revealed halfway through. So there was no major mystery after that. Just a not sure if he is going to go down for sure or not.

I'm not so sure I would watch it again but for a first time watch it was still major intense.

And Rosamund Pike wow. She was amazing throughout. I believe she was nominated and very well deserved.

I saw John Wick starring Keanu Reeves. It’s a badass movie about hired killers whose code of honor is just as principled as ordinary people. It has a great cast and I think this is one of the best action movies that came out in the past few years aside from The Equalizer and Taken series. 9/10

American Sniper 10/10

Gone Girl: 8/10

Just finished watching this finally. I may include it in my Oscar Binge reviews (which I should probably get to writing since the big day approaches) but for now here are some quick thoughts.

It will be tough without spoilers do say that I pretty much had it figured out near the beginning. There was a specific point early on where I thought to myself: "I bet [this happened]..." and then later received confirmation for it.

I suppose it doesn't make an effort to throw us off that much, as it's not really that kind of story, but they do try to misdirect just enough.

I thought Affleck's performance was pretty good. I guess it wasn't exactly Oscar worthy, maybe it could have been. Rosemund Pike managed to nab a nomination for her performance (another clue to helping me figure out the plot near the beginning) and I must say she did quite a wonderful job.

I find it interesting that it didn't receive a screenplay nomination. It was a more complete film than Nightcrawler. I've also noticed that Trent Rzeznor seems to have taken a liking to scoring films. This is the third one that I've noticed and I"m sure he's done more now. This score wasn't exactly memorable or anything and not near as great as his Social Network score, but it fit the film and themes rather well.

The cinematography was also well done. The use of angles and close ups was cleverly done to add the extra element into the theme and tone of the film.

Other than that it was an overall interesting film that keeps you wanting more throughout the whole story, even if you do figure it out early...it still doesn't give you everything.

Whiplash

Great movie. But being a drummer, I might be biased.

If you liked the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket, you'd probably enjoy this movie.

I think it was one of the better movies I've seen this year

JK Simmons was a beast
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese