Page 507 of 560 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 8393
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Whiplash

Great movie. But being a drummer, I might be biased.

If you liked the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket, you'd probably enjoy this movie.

I think it was one of the better movies I've seen this year

JK Simmons was a beast
    you're definitely not biased. it was a wonderful movie. powerful.

you hit the nail on the head with Simmons. I had written in my notes about his performance that he was channeling his inner R. Lee Ermey for his performance. He was basically the Sergeant Hartman of music school to me.

He should take home the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance. I'll be surprised if he gets beaten. I wouldn't mind if it won Best Picture either.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Last movie I saw was "Draft Day"

7/10
    Just saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, Jennifer Garner just flat kills me. That said, the movie was pretty solid with just the right amount of Hollywood to keep it entertaining. You have to love the intern character. I give it an 8
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Just saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, Jennifer Garner just flat kills me. That said, the movie was pretty solid with just the right amount of Hollywood to keep it entertaining. You have to love the intern character. I give it an 8
    No no no! How on earth did people love this extremely unrealistic movie? If anybody would have made trades like that to get all the picks they would have been the most genius GM in NFL history with all the other GM's being the dumbest.

Sig pic by dbfan2007

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

Gone Girl - 8/10

A very riveting movie from David Fincher (who also did Fight Club) that keeps you on your seat from start to end. The only problem I had was the very ending. I won't spoil it for anybody else, but the ending is what kept me from giving it a 9 or a 10

Sig pic by dbfan2007

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

Quote Originally Posted by Foez View Post
    No no no! How on earth did people love this extremely unrealistic movie? If anybody would have made trades like that to get all the picks they would have been the most genius GM in NFL history with all the other GM's being the dumbest.
    People are allowed to like movies that other people don't like. And news flash 80% of movies are unrealistic.

Personally I have 0 interest in seeing the film but to each their own.

The only thing I think is odd is that he said Jennifer Garner kills him. I'm really hoping he meant literally hard to look at with her man jaw/face. I don't see how anyone could like her. But look at me now doing the exact same thing.

Alrighty. As promised probably a month ago, I have completed my reviews for the 8 Best Picture nominees. Since the Oscars are today, I figured I better get those published at the very least. I still have to go through and write up some stuff on some of the other nominated categories' films.

I know we've been discussing most of these pictures already, but if anyone is interested of course. Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    People are allowed to like movies that other people don't like. And news flash 80% of movies are unrealistic.

Personally I have 0 interest in seeing the film but to each their own.

The only thing I think is odd is that he said Jennifer Garner kills him. I'm really hoping he meant literally hard to look at with her man jaw/face. I don't see how anyone could like her. But look at me now doing the exact same thing.
    Sorry buddy, I did mean she's Smokin' Hot! Ever since Electra, I get you though, Johanssen, Anniston and Jolie do absolutely nothing for me and millions would disagree.

We could make this a whole new thread but, nah.
    [

Gone Girl 7.2/10

Pretty good. The lack of suspense and plot twists keeps the movie from being great and memorable. Performances are so-so, not overly impressed. I rate it a solid 7.2 because, despite the plot being obvious (coming from someone who hasn't read the book) and being a marathon (150 min), it did enough to keep me entertained.

That being said, it is not worth the hype, at all.

In other news, I'm so happy for J.K. Simmons! One of the strongest performances ever, yes, ever. Man, is that guy good in Whiplash.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Gone Girl 7.2/10

Pretty good. The lack of suspense and plot twists keeps the movie from being great and memorable. Performances are so-so, not overly impressed. I rate it a solid 7.2 because, despite the plot being obvious (coming from someone who hasn't read the book) and being a marathon (150 min), it did enough to keep me entertained.

That being said, it is not worth the hype, at all.

In other news, I'm so happy for J.K. Simmons! One of the strongest performances ever, yes, ever. Man, is that guy good in Whiplash.
    As I said someplace else, once they showed the smashed coffee table and overturned chair, I had jotted down in my notes that I felt like she kidnapped herself. They do little to try to discredit this claim throughout the movie but I don't know that that wasn't on purpose.

Rosemund Pike's performance was outstanding, but outside of that it did kind of fell flat. I enjoyed it though for the most part. The ending was infuriating.

Simmons was bar none the best supporting actor last year. Glad he got what he deserved. That performance was just terrifying.

I'm so glad Redmayne won. Everyone kept talking about Keaton (I wouldn't have minded if he'd won either) and then more people kept talking about how Cooper deserved it and blah blah blah Patriotism and American Sniper was the best thing since sliced bread...blah blah blah. No. It wasn't. Redmayne destroyed everyone in that category hands down. For the same reasons, I'm glad Birdman won Best Picture. Boyhood and American Sniper didn't deserve it. I figured GBH would pull out an upset though, but I'm glad it didn't. They got the awards they deserved...and even a couple they didn't (Score).

Gone Girl- 8/10

I enjoyed this one. I had read the book, so I knew what to expect. But... overall... enjoyed very much.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Sorry buddy, I did mean she's Smokin' Hot! Ever since Electra, I get you though, Johanssen, Anniston and Jolie do absolutely nothing for me and millions would disagree.

We could make this a whole new thread but, nah.
    You don't like Scarjo? Maybe we should make this a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    As I said someplace else, once they showed the smashed coffee table and overturned chair, I had jotted down in my notes that I felt like she kidnapped herself. They do little to try to discredit this claim throughout the movie but I don't know that that wasn't on purpose.

Rosemund Pike's performance was outstanding, but outside of that it did kind of fell flat. I enjoyed it though for the most part. The ending was infuriating.

Simmons was bar none the best supporting actor last year. Glad he got what he deserved. That performance was just terrifying.

I'm so glad Redmayne won. Everyone kept talking about Keaton (I wouldn't have minded if he'd won either) and then more people kept talking about how Cooper deserved it and blah blah blah Patriotism and American Sniper was the best thing since sliced bread...blah blah blah. No. It wasn't. Redmayne destroyed everyone in that category hands down. For the same reasons, I'm glad Birdman won Best Picture. Boyhood and American Sniper didn't deserve it. I figured GBH would pull out an upset though, but I'm glad it didn't. They got the awards they deserved...and even a couple they didn't (Score).
    Out of a decent cast, Rosamund's performance was the best, no doubt, but her acting as a whole did not leave a lasting impression on me. I will say though, the scene at the two hour mark with Amy and Desi at his lake house was outstanding acting on her behalf. It helps she had some great lines in the script to work with but I digress. Easily my personal highlight of the movie.

I haven't watched The Theory of Everything yet but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the hype is about. Hopefully it delivers!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Yeah my mind was blown on that but I didn't want to beat a dead horse that we disagree on chicks obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Ok, Scarjo was hot maybe this one time in that Justin Timberlake video. See now you went and made me say I watched a Timberlake vid. But we would have to make another thread to keep this one on track.

Hey, how about those Oscars!!!
    [

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Really glad Birdman won the four it did. Definitely deserved it. Glad Whip Lash got some props too.