Page 52 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 8388
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    2,478
    The Number 23:
    Jim Carrey's best movie. Great dramatic role for Jim and he did a wonderful job. The storyline is awesome and it pulls you in quickly. Keeps you wanting more and wondering what's going to happen next. The ending was the best part of the movie, and it wasn't your typical 'happy' ending either. Definately didn't see it coming either.
    9.5/10

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,600
    The Last Samurai

    I saw this a while ago, but I watched the DVD on Saturday. Great movie, great plot and storyline, great ACTION.

    9.5/10




    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,098
    Eragon 6.5/10

    If you read the book then you'd be really dissapointed at the fact that they changed almost all the plot.

    If you haven't read it and still watched the movie you'd be dissapointed at how bad the cast was chosen and how bad the acting was plus the crappy costumes they had.

    The people that played the shade and Aria were the only people who I think were the right people to play them (minus the fact that Aria is an elf and they didn't even put freakin pointy ears on her!) and the I think they made the dragon look good (except for how the dragon magically turns from a little dragon to a huge dragon by just flying through some clouds).

    This was a HUGE dissapointment imo and it seemed like a cheap imitation to the lord of the rings.

    Next time at least stick with the story of the damn book!

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    Smile saw it loved it hated it

    Saw it it was cool yoi saw blood diamond that was awesome it was rockin'

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Honolulu & Omaha
    Posts
    2,279
    I watched the Hills Have Eyes on tv.

    It's lame. Seriously. It's not scary and extremely sadistic and bloody.

    2/10

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559

    The Descent (2006)

    Disappointing.


    The ending was somewhat cool...still, disappointing...


    6/10
    Go Huskers.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    You stalker.
    Posts
    10,977
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    Next time at least stick with the story of the damn book!
    Exactly why I think all the Harry Potter movies are crap


  8. #773
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco
    no

    and

    no way in hell.

    i'd give Smokin' Aces about a 6/10 or so...or less...the 6 is generous.

    and I'll be weary of your taste from now on since you put a 10 on that Timberlake piece of crap.

    Don't ever give anything he does or is in or sings a 10...ever. You should be ashamed.

    As for the last two movies I watched:


    True Romance: 8/10. Wierd freakin' movie. But sweet cast and random cameo performances! Gary Oldman and Christopher Walken were awesome.

    Any chic that can kill Tony Saprano with a cork screw and hair spray is a badass.

    and

    The Number 23: 6-7/10: Kind of a new plot but not really. Keeps you interested but doesn't surprise.

    Jim Carrey finally gives a non-funny and actually kind of creepy performance. That's all I was looking for and was pleased to see him deliver.

    i hung out with some guys that where like those in alpha dog, i can relate to that movie thats why i like it but they werent killers i think? if i couldnt relate to it i would give it a 5.5 out of 10 i dont like timberlake either.
    i gave smoking aces a ten out of ten because ben affleck gets killed in it! i love that scene and i do hate ben affleck.
    go see ghost rider loved it!!
    oh an yeah the boise state broncos rock! i got a copy of the game against oklahoma wish i had went an watched the game.
    Last edited by antiwup; 03-01-2007 at 04:06 AM.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, Cali
    Posts
    3,544
    I was hooked up to check out a private screening of the movie "Blades Of Glory" with Will Farrel and that guy who plays Napoleon from Napo. Dyn. OMG that movie is funny as hell. I rate it a 10!!!
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    6,640
    Employee of the month

    A lot funnier than I thought it would be based on what other people had told me but mainly because of Dax and Dane Cook.

    6/10 (Jessica, you can't act so stick to showing off your cleavage, K?)

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by antiwup
    i hung out with some guys that where like those in alpha dog, i can relate to that movie thats why i like it but they werent killers i think? if i couldnt relate to it i would give it a 5.5 out of 10 i dont like timberlake either.
    i gave smoking aces a ten out of ten because ben affleck gets killed in it! i love that scene and i do hate ben affleck.
    go see ghost rider loved it!!
    oh an yeah the boise state broncos rock! i got a copy of the game against oklahoma wish i had went an watched the game.

    hmmm well i suppose those explanations will work. and yes that was awesome that affleck didn't last long *SPOILER*

    yeah now i really regret not going to a single game this year. the only year out of my college career i don't go to one game is the best one.... anger.


    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

  12. #777
    hotel rwanda 9/ 10


    and unlike some others in this thread, i don't give ratings like that unless it's a REALLY good movie. . . this one was the best that i've seen in quite a long time! extraordinarily poignant, and very disturbing-- as it should have been, given the subject matter. . . don cheadle's character (paul) displayed amazing dignity-- for a guy who i tend to think of as "comic," he really nailed the role. . . the rest of the cast was solid as well. . .

    one thing that really impressed me was how they conveyed the horror of the situation without graphic depictions of violence-- that's probably utterly lost on people who've been desensitived to movie violence by tarantino and others, but it really stood out to me. . . it's just different when you know that the atrocities being portrayed on film are representations of REAL events, real human suffering-- not computer-animated violence. . . genocide doesn't need to be sensationalized to be horrifying. . . . they did a great job of handling ultra-sensitive topics with appropriate delicacy. . .

    very, very moving in a way that i just don't expect from a movie-- emotionally charged, it made me both ashamed, and ultimately proud to be human. . . that's high praise! this film actually made me shed a few tears-- and i don't cry, ever! straight-forward and powerful-- HIGHLY recommended for every mature adult on these boards. . . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-02-2007 at 03:03 AM.
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  13. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by The Executioner
    Chronicles of Ridiiiick: (Im not cussing its Vin Diesel the actor)

    10/10

    What an awsome movie, must watch!
    If you don't like it that means (this is a proof and fact) that you are old man/woman and you should have at least a grandkid.


    WHAT??!!






    truly one of the worst movies i've ever seen, and i would have felt the same when i was 12. . . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    hotel rwanda 9/ 10


    and unlike others in this thread, i don't give ratings like that unless it's a REALLY good movie. . . this one was the best that i've seen in quite a long time! extraordinarily poignant, and very disturbing-- as it should have been, given the subject matter. . . don cheadle's character (paul) displayed amazing dignity-- for a guy who i tend to think of as "comic," he really nailed the role. . . the rest of the cast was solid as well. . .

    one thing that really impressed me was how they conveyed the horror of the situation without graphic depictions of violence-- that's probably utterly lost on people who've been desensitived to movie violence by tarantino and others, but it really stood out to me. . . it's just different when you know that the atrocities being portrayed on film are representations of REAL events, real human suffering-- not computer-animated violence. . . genocide doesn't need to be sensationalized to be horrifying. . . . they did a great job of handling ultra-sensitive topics with appropriate delicacy. . .

    very, very moving in a way that i just don't expect from a movie-- emotionally charged, it made me both ashamed, and ultimately proud to be human. . . that's high praise! this film actually made me shed a few tears-- and i don't cry, ever! straight-forward and powerful-- HIGHLY recommended for every mature adult on these boards. . . .
    hey i'm a tough grader....

    i have hotel rwanda. i just have never gotten around to watching it.

    and i dunno why you say don cheadle is comical. most of his roles have been dramas recently. Crash was amazing. Reign Over Me looks like it will be great too...

    but i do need to watch Hotel Rwanda. and not waste my time with the likes of The Covenent. Which I'll give a 0/10.

    the only reason i watched it and thank God it wasn't all of it was because my fiance is sick and i felt bad.


    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

  15. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco
    hey i'm a tough grader....

    i have hotel rwanda. i just have never gotten around to watching it.

    and i dunno why you say don cheadle is comical. most of his roles have been dramas recently. Crash was amazing. Reign Over Me looks like it will be great too...

    but i do need to watch Hotel Rwanda. and not waste my time with the likes of The Covenent. Which I'll give a 0/10.

    the only reason i watched it and thank God it wasn't all of it was because my fiance is sick and i felt bad.

    good point-- i edited my post to say "some others". . . .


    if you have hotel rwanda, watch it-- i certainly won't predict that you'll like it as much as i did, but i thought it was fantastic. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •