Page 548 of 560 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548 549 550 558 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 8387
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I thought the writing was excellent. I wasn't sold on the kid playing Solo, but everything about the movie felt Solo enough that I was able to overlook it and enjoy it anyway. Donald Glover was fan-freaking-tastic. I hope we get another Solo movie to show how he ended up owing Jaba.
    Yep, Glover was phenomenal.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Black Panther 6/10: really donít get the hype around this one at all. He has a really cool suit and some of the action was really well done as you expect from Marvel. But aside from that I mostly found it to be incredibly boring. And was nowhere near up to par for Marvel on humor.

Doesnít cut my top 5 Marvel films let alone top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Black Panther 6/10: really don’t get the hype around this one at all. He has a really cool suit and some of the action was really well done as you expect from Marvel. But aside from that I mostly found it to be incredibly boring. And was nowhere near up to par for Marvel on humor.

Doesn’t cut my top 5 Marvel films let alone top 3.
    I agree a 100%, it os OK but not near great

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Avengers: Infinity War - 10/10

Epic x 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ending was perfect. As a Thanos fan since 1991, and as someone who followed the Infinity Stones saga since 1987 (then known as the Soul Gems), I was pleased with what they did. I only have one minor complaint about the movie but that's me being selfish and something that would not be fair to the Avengers or logic lol.

This movie was fun, fun, fun and funny.

Top 5 all time movie for me.
    I was a hardcore collector/reader from '82-'92. What was happening in 1987? I think Jim Starlin was still doing Dreadstar and other projects before returning to Marvel in '90 to script Silver Surfer, then Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Warlock & the Infinity Watch, etc. later. Or did you get your hands on the '70s back issues or reprints of them like the Warlock Special Edition then? Back when the "soul gems" powered a cannon meant to extinguish stars -- maybe some one-upmanship on Lucas' Death Star at the time!
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-29-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Infinity War - 9/10

Probably the best super hero movie effort to throw a crap load of characters into one film while still having a coherent plot. I read the Infinity Gauntlet series when it came out, and although the basis for Thanos' motivations in that story were silly, which they improved upon here (by basically making it his idea instead of Death's), it still pains me not to see Silver Surfer and Warlock. I don't know if they still plan on slapping Warlock in there for the next movie, though.

There were a few things about it that were a little off movie wise, but I understand most of the changes they made from book to movie for theatrical purposes. Creatively slaughtering the entire Marvel Film Universe would've made it nearly impossible to write a film script with the limited elements from the source material at their disposal.

SPOILERS?

So, I'm trying to figure this out. Who or what combination of characters essentially replace Warlock here? Is it Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Starlord, or a combination of the three? Also, they HAVE to give the Gauntlet to Nebula right? Would be a terrible decision not to include that, because it was one of the best twists in the original story. Thanos' revelation about himself in the original was pretty good too, but I don't see how they can pull it off here.
    In my differing opinion, I think Thanos' movie motivations were waaay out of character and kind of silly. The Universe is overpopulated and doesn't have enough resources!? Really!?!? 100 BILLION plus known galaxies chalk-full of every element you can imagine (and some you can't)? Instead of the nihilistic "mad titan" he's just a misguided, destructive altruist trying balance it out for the good of all?

In the comics, it was not "Mistress Death's" (the personification of Death's) idea, it was his to curry "her" favor --he worshiped death! That relationship was bizarre, complex, and extended back to the '70s storylines when Jim Starlin created the character. I'm okay that they changed it to make it work on the screen because they would have had to devote a lot more time to develop it properly, but if this was a miniseries instead, I think they could have a depicted a very surreal, mysterious and eerie interaction in Thanos' mindscape invisible to all and as an exploration of his deranged madness. I've just accepted that he's a different character on screen...which still "works" for the masses who haven't read all the comics to know the inside scoop.

And since they are altering so much, I suspect his defeat will also be changed on screen, perhaps radically so to surprise everyone.
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-29-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Deapool 2

8.17/10

This was at least as vulgar, crude and hysterically funny as the first one if not more so! Somewhere in the middle-end, I found myself somewhat exhausted and my face hurting from the onslaught of jokes! I particularly enjoyed the treatment of certain characters, like Shatterstar!

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I know Captain Marvel will be in the film but I'm not so sure about Warlock because the director of Guardians said the next Guardians movie would be based around Warlock. Surfer is owned by fox so I haven't a clue because I'm not up to speed if Disney has bought fox or is going to buy fox? But, I hope Warlock is in the movie. Obviously they are bringing some characters back because they can't do a Guardians movie without the Guardians lol. Like someone said, what happened can be undone but at a huge price. Dr Strange saw only one way so I'm guessing the time stone is going to play a role. Or, I'm way off lol.
    That doesn't necessarily preclude his involvement, but without more development on screen he might appear as a deus ex machina if he they wrote him into a role instrumental to Thanos' defeat.

Dr. Strange saw that certain characters had to survive including Iron Man as part of the key to victory and probably in a self-sacrificing swan song exit. Same with Captain America, I suspect.
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-29-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I and II are in my top 5, along with Airplane! and Foul Play. Avengers made it in so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    "Foul Play" is GREAT!
    I just rewatched this last night, first time was in the early '80s as a VHS rental.

It's a 6.5/10 for me. The story was okay and Chevy Chase was not terribly funny in this one (compared to Vacation and Caddyshack - which I love!), rather it was Dudley Moore's brief but very memorable scenes that stole the show for the laughs! And young Goldie Hawn was such a doll then she went straight to my heart!

A Quiet Place.

As a big fan of the office, I still struggled going in with the idea of taking Jim Halpert seriously. Krasinski killed it, both as a director and actor. As a director, his choices were spot on such as hiring a deaf actress to play the deaf daughter or the fact that he used minimal musical soundtrack and left the movie silent. I thought going in that this would be weird, it wasn't, if anything it made the moments where there was sound just that much more intense because you knew it was out of place.

Probably my favorite movie of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    A Quiet Place.

As a big fan of the office, I still struggled going in with the idea of taking Jim Halpert seriously. Krasinski killed it, both as a director and actor. As a director, his choices were spot on such as hiring a deaf actress to play the deaf daughter or the fact that he used minimal musical soundtrack and left the movie silent. I thought going in that this would be weird, it wasn't, if anything it made the moments where there was sound just that much more intense because you knew it was out of place.

Probably my favorite movie of 2018
    It's massively on the to do list for my wife and I. Partially due to Krasinski. But also because all of our friends rave about it. But I'm planning to wait for Redbox.

I to tend to have a hard time taking that prankster goofball seriously. However did you ever see 1300 hours? I had that same stigma with him going into that movie. And it was an amazing movie. And he surprised me. It wasn't just the serious role but taking him seriously as a beefed up spec ops soldier. Again he surprised me in that movie. I highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it. It's on Amazon prime.

I'll add your review on to the my large growing list of people raving about this movie. Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It's massively on the to do list for my wife and I. Partially due to Krasinski. But also because all of our friends rave about it. But I'm planning to wait for Redbox.

I to tend to have a hard time taking that prankster goofball seriously. However did you ever see 1300 hours? I had that same stigma with him going into that movie. And it was an amazing movie. And he surprised me. It wasn't just the serious role but taking him seriously as a beefed up spec ops soldier. Again he surprised me in that movie. I highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it. It's on Amazon prime.

I'll add your review on to the my large growing list of people raving about this movie. Can't wait to see it.
    I haven't seen him outside of the office.

You won't have a hard time taking him seriously as an actor after this. That dude has the most emotive face I've ever seen. He can express more in a stare than 1000 words. He's an incredible actor. After watching A Quiet Place 1300 hours is next on my list.

At this point, I totally hope Marvel casts him for Mr Fantastic if they ever reboot the fantastic 4 once Disney has the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I just rewatched this last night, first time was in the early '80s as a VHS rental.

It's a 6.5/10 for me. The story was okay and Chevy Chase was not terribly funny in this one (compared to Vacation and Caddyshack - which I love!), rather it was Dudley Moore's brief but very memorable scenes that stole the show for the laughs! And young Goldie Hawn was such a doll then she went straight to my heart!
    It's just so goofy, it's funny. Chevy Chase as a cop, doing marijuana in front of a witness. A guy pretending to be the archbishop & killing his twin brother, Burgess Meredith and that guy's wife having a marital arts fight, etc. That fight alone cracks me up. Albinos running around and of course those two old ladies playing Scrabble? Come on, they were terrific. Brian Dennehey was great, Chevy was always good. (although I did prefer him & Goldie in "Neil Simon's Seems Like Old Times") Burgess Meredith was great, and Goldie was funny. You are right about Dudley Moore stealing the show though.
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 06-06-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Black panther....

Hated it.... like really didn’t like it... don’t get the hype....

Now on to infinity wars... really hope it’s better.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Black panther....

Thatís basically my take. Wouldnít say hated but really didnít like.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Black panther....

Well if you don't like good movies, you won't like infinity war. lol

I enjoyed Black Panther a lot personally.