Page 555 of 556 FirstFirst ... 55 455 505 545 553 554 555 556 LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 8331
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Thank you both! I'll fall back and watch that.
    Dude. Whatís up?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Tom Hardy a lesser actor? That’s a first.
    I was assuming he meant lesser than Edward Norton, which I would agree with. But the below replies maybe suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I'll say my Tom Hardy exposure is low. I haven't seen a lot of Hardy movies. But the ones I have seen, he and his character were key factors in me not liking a movie.

Mad Max
    Bane(Dark Knight Rises)
    Tommy Conlon(Warrior)
    Rodders(Sucker Punch)

Those Dunkirk, and Saving Private Ryan are the only Hardy movies I've seen.

Only Saving Private Ryan and Dunkirk are movies I enjoyed.

Not only did those 4 movies suck in my opinion, his roles, he sucked in them.
    Mad Max is just one of those "fun ride" movies. I was surprised it got so many Oscar Nominations and on top of that, so many wins. But they were all in technical categories, which I think they did deserved.

Hardy's performance in that wasn't really much to look at, although it is the second movie that proves he's really great at acting with his eyes.

I disagree about Rises sucking, although it was the weakest of the three. I think they integrated No Man's Land rather well in that adaptation. Hardy was excellent as Bane (albeit too small), and the voice thing, like the Batman voice, wasn't really his fault. His performance is in his movements and his eyes. He put together a great character without us being able to see facial expressions. He does this with the amount of time he's got a mask on in Mad Max as well, and again in Dunkirk when he's got his oxygen mask on. Hardy can act really well with his eyes. It's a strange thing.

He was rather good in Inception as well, and if you like lighter stuff, then Spy vs. Spy was pretty good for a chic flick.

Sucker Punch isn't even worth mentioning in any fashion really.

I've heard good things about Warriors, so this is the first I'm seeing something negative about it.

Bronson is another one you should see if you want to see Hardy's range. It's what got him the Bane role.

I hear he's pretty good in Taboo and Peaky Blinders as well, which I can believe. I only watched a few episodes of the latter so I don't remember if he was in it yet at the beginning.

Obviously, he was phenomenal in The Revenant but that movie is just incredible in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Watch Lawless.
    Don't actually watch Lawless. It's pretty mediocre and for being set in the Prohibition Era, it's super disappointing. HOWEVER, Hardy was really good. So if you're trying to gauge Hardy performances, I suppose it's worth a look.

Oh and also he's good in Legend, playing twins, but I had much higher expectations for that film and was disappointed.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

you can put me in the not a Hardy fan. I thought he was awful in Venom. bout the only movie i like of his that i have seen is mad max, and the is mostly because of HDR and Atmos not Hardy.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    you can put me in the not a Hardy fan. I thought he was awful in Venom. bout the only movie i like of his that i have seen is mad max, and the is mostly because of HDR and Atmos not Hardy.
    He was great as Bain in Batma, in Warrior, and also in Peaky Blinders. There was also a depression era gangster movie he starred in with Shia Lebouf (so?) he did a good job in but I donít remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    I was assuming he meant lesser than Edward Norton, which I would agree with. But the below replies maybe suggest otherwise.

Mad Max is just one of those "fun ride" movies. I was surprised it got so many Oscar Nominations and on top of that, so many wins. But they were all in technical categories, which I think they did deserved.

Hardy's performance in that wasn't really much to look at, although it is the second movie that proves he's really great at acting with his eyes.

I disagree about Rises sucking, although it was the weakest of the three. I think they integrated No Man's Land rather well in that adaptation. Hardy was excellent as Bane (albeit too small), and the voice thing, like the Batman voice, wasn't really his fault. His performance is in his movements and his eyes. He put together a great character without us being able to see facial expressions. He does this with the amount of time he's got a mask on in Mad Max as well, and again in Dunkirk when he's got his oxygen mask on. Hardy can act really well with his eyes. It's a strange thing.

He was rather good in Inception as well, and if you like lighter stuff, then Spy vs. Spy was pretty good for a chic flick.

I've heard good things about Warriors, so this is the first I'm seeing something negative about it.

Bronson is another one you should see if you want to see Hardy's range. It's what got him the Bane role.

I hear he's pretty good in Taboo and Peaky Blinders as well, which I can believe. I only watched a few episodes of the latter so I don't remember if he was in it yet at the beginning.

Obviously, he was phenomenal in The Revenant but that movie is just incredible in general.

Don't actually watch Lawless. It's pretty mediocre and for being set in the Prohibition Era, it's super disappointing. HOWEVER, Hardy was really good. So if you're trying to gauge Hardy performances, I suppose it's worth a look.

Oh and also he's good in Legend, playing twins, but I had much higher expectations for that film and was disappointed.
    I was specifically talking about Hardy's performance in Lawless. I can't judge a actor's performance based on if the movie was good or not. Although, I didn't think the movie was bad. Hardy didn't write the script
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 01-10-2019 at 09:14 PM.

He was great as Bain in Batma, in Warrior, and also in Peaky Blinders. There was also a depression era gangster movie he starred in with Shia Lebouf (so?) he did a good job in but I donít remember the name.
    Lawless which was mentioned earlier. Which I agree was not a great film but he did fantastic.

I like Tom Hardy. He isnít the greatest but he has an under rated sense of humor. Like RealBronco mentioned Spy vs Spy is a real fun movie and thatís where he probably has done his best comedy work.

He is definitely an A list actor even if I donít quite put him in the top tier with guys like DiCaprio or Matt Damon.

I have Legend on my dvr but havenít watched yet. I wasnít that interested but was going to watch just because itís Hardy.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 01-11-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post

You know who else acts really well with his eyes? Which by the way seems an odd thing to discuss.... John Krazinski. That dude was excellent in the Quiet place and he had probably 10 lines of dialog. His face expressions were 100 percent what sold that movie so well.

He was in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy too, which is a fantastic movie. I haven't really seen Hardy in a bad role. He's really good at playing weird people, but he can do Hero, Villain, all that. His character in Taboo is a little bit of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You know who else acts really well with his eyes? Which by the way seems an odd thing to discuss.... John Krazinski. That dude was excellent in the Quiet place and he had probably 10 lines of dialog. His face expressions were 100 percent what sold that movie so well.
    Haven't seen that yet. I really liked 13 Hours though. He was pretty good in that.

The Revenant: John Fitzgerald

Another great performance by Hardy.

Watched the Autopsy Of Jane Doe last night with my daughter. Not a bad movie. You do need to pay attention to catch what is going on. I liked it better then the other morgue movie that came out recently.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    He was in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy too, which is a fantastic movie. I haven't really seen Hardy in a bad role. He's really good at playing weird people, but he can do Hero, Villain, all that. His character in Taboo is a little bit of everything.

Haven't seen that yet. I really liked 13 Hours though. He was pretty good in that.
    Do yourself a favor and go watch it. It's a fantastic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I actually think itís an extremely fair point to make on acting skills.

Often times I feel like I watch a hear the emotion in an actors voice but their facial expression doesnít match the mood they are trying to sell. So I actually appreciate when an actor sells it with their face/eyes not just their voice.

I don't want it to seem like I'm calling Tom a bad actor. I'm not saying he is a bad actor, just I don't enjoy him in the movies I've seen him in. And noticeably I haven't seen him in many movies, and the ones I have seen are also noticeably more action genre than anything else.

For Dark Knight Rises, there was literally nothing in that movie i enjoyed. Loved The Dark Knight, but also didn't like Begins.

As for Venom, he is miles better than Topher Grace at least. And again the movie itself is forgettable. I spent more time thinking I'd much rather play the video game "The Darkness" than watch this movie. The symbiote reacts with Brock the same as the Darkness claws react with Jackie in the game.

And outside Lawless, Revenant, and Inception, the other Hardy movies that's been named, I never heard of.

And those 3, I've never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I don't want it to seem like I'm calling Tom a bad actor. I'm not saying he is a bad actor, just I don't enjoy him in the movies I've seen him in. And noticeably I haven't seen him in many movies, and the ones I have seen are also noticeably more action genre than anything else.

For Dark Knight Rises, there was literally nothing in that movie i enjoyed. Loved The Dark Knight, but also didn't like Begins.

As for Venom, he is miles better than Topher Grace at least. And again the movie itself is forgettable. I spent more time thinking I'd much rather play the video game "The Darkness" than watch this movie. The symbiote reacts with Brock the same as the Darkness claws react with Jackie in the game.

And outside Lawless, Revenant, and Inception, the other Hardy movies that's been named, I never heard of.

And those 3, I've never seen.
    Have you seen Peaky Blinders? He was fantastic in the last two seasons.

Be forewarned, some if itís pretty graphic and not for everyone. There were some parts I skipped through.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 01-11-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Have you seen Peaky Blinders? He was fantastic in the last two seasons.
    Yes he was!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*