• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    No sir. I just like psychology. Never even got my degree. lol.
    Well....you sure fooled me!!

Seriously, I am talking to my wife about going to see it. She says maybe do that "seniors" thing and go for a pm showing. Mind you, it's not quite as fun to go to a movie when it's half empty. The good news....less "talkers".

Comment

• ELWAY421
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      It's different than Ledger's Joker. It's not the paradigm of what the Joker character is in media. Which is basically what Ledger's Joker was, albeit a really, really good one. The nihilism is there, but Phoenix's portrayal is an origin story that's more psychologically driven. Ledger's Joker was a "super" villain mastermind who saw the futility of society. Phoenix's Joker is more about a fragile outcast getting to that point. It's painfully honest, and I think most of that comes from Phoenix. There's some tragic irony there, and you begin to understand why his humor comes off as crude or just not funny. Like he says, his whole life is basically a bad joke. If you like comics like Norm Macdonald, you should have an appreciation for this movie. Joaquin Phoenix's Joker does not conform, because everything is subjective. This has major moral implications, and gets to the crux of who he is.

I'd probably give it like an 8.5. There were some things I didn't like about it, but they're not the same things as the stuff I've read. Some critics are calling it empty, meaningless, or conceited. It is a tribute to Scorsese in a lot of ways, and a lot of people hate it simply because it's a comic movie that is too similar to Taxi Driver for their taste. I think when people say that the movie has no direction, they're sort of missing the anti-conformity theme there, and getting caught up a little too much in the character's self indulgence. The way they did it wasn't exactly coherent, but I liked it a little more than most of the critics seemed to.
      I got to see it.

You know what I find amazing about the Ledger Joker is if you break it down he only had about 20 minutes of screen time in that movie. That was a amazing performance. I actually didn't mind the Joker version in the Suicide Squad either. Leto wasn't bad at all.

Comment

• Saddletramp
        Captain
        • Nov 2005

In Pursuit of Honor.
        Starring Don Johnson as Master Sergeant John Libby.
        Most excellent movie. 20 stars.

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• RealBronco
          Resident Film Critic
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
          Since it wasn't a full reboot and still existed in the original trilogy continuity, they couldn't include Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, and Jean to make the original five from the comics.
          That's what makes it even worse. I'm pretty sure the first movie even mentions that Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby and Warren were the first five. At least, it definitely makes it obvious that Scott and Jean were part of the first class. The original series messed up by making Bobby and Warren way younger than they should have been, mostly to force the stupid relationship story line between Bobby and Marie which isn't even a thing in the comics.

They tried to compensate by bringing in Alex for First Class, but that made it worse since everyone knows Alex is younger than Scott and that made no sense.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
            versus you
            • Mar 2006

The Fuzz on Amazon Prime. A puppet/human spoof on Scarface and other movies. This was much better than the Melissa McCarthy puppet movie. 4/5 stars.

Comment

• dipablo
              Protector of the Realm
              • Oct 2007

Rise of Skywalker 8.5/10

I thought it was great, totally made up for the hot garbage that was TLJ.
              Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• baphamet
                Family Trust Beer
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                Rise of Skywalker 8.5/10

I thought it was great, totally made up for the hot garbage that was TLJ.
                I’ll give it an 8/10, it was better than I thought it would be.

I would give it a 9 but the first 30-45 minutes of the movie seemed kind of all over the place but really settled in after that.

I’m going to see it at least two more times in the theaters. Never did that with any of the other newer SW movies.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Finally watched Joker last night. It was a pretty good movie but about exactly like i was worried about when trailers first surfaced. Mostly just an origin film without really much of an established crime boss until the very end.

It was interesting watching his slow decent into madness though. But I couldn’t stand his take on a joker laugh.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2004

9/10.

This review basically sums up what I think:

1917 is a simple story told in a magnificent way. The cinematography is like a well-choreographed dance, moving from scene to scene almost seamlessly. This film tugs at your heartstrings during some parts, then makes you hold your breath during others. Trust me, once this movie starts, it's hard to take your eyes off the screen.

Comment

• captainbronco
                      Starter
                      • Aug 2008

Jumanji welcome to the jungle
                      7/10
                      Surprisingly this wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. The teenagers weren't as annoying as I thought they would be and the all star cast of the rock, jack black, Kevin hart , and karen gillian was great. Lots of laughs and just a good adventure movie. Maybe not as good as the one with robin Williams but I enjoyed it

Jumanji the next level 6.5/10
                      The sequel was pretty much the same but with a few differences. Wasnt as fun as welcome to the jungle but definitely still entertaining. Same kids same all star cast same great chemistry. Also, side note adding Danny Glover and danny devito made this movie pretty damn funny

Comment

• samparnell
                        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                        • Nov 2007

Midway 10/10

One of of the four or five most significant and decisive sea battles in the history of the world is put into context along with Pearl Harbor, the Doolittle Raid, Coral Sea and codebreaking. Well written, cast, directed and performed with great computer graphics.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Yesterday
                          10/10

I was impressed.
                          :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

A struggling musician Jack Malik, who, after an accident, finds himself the only person who remembers the Beatles and becomes famous after taking credit for their songs.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                            Yesterday
                            10/10

I was impressed.
                            :thumb::thumb::thumb:

A struggling musician Jack Malik, who, after an accident, finds himself the only person who remembers the Beatles and becomes famous after taking credit for their songs.
                            Hey dude, I saw it 2 weeks ago, and I really liked it! Was going to post here but forgot.

I could feel his confusion, and "what to do"?? Loved listening to many Beatles songs again! Good show, nice group of actors, and really nicely thought out. I will say no more...let folks watch without any more clues.:thumb:

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

9/10.

This review basically sums up what I think:
                              Watched it last night. Loved it. Very interesting filming style with very few actual scene breaks the way we are accustomed to seeing them done.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Escape at Dannemora

Escape at Dannemora is an American television limited series that premiered on Showtime on November 18, 2018. It is based on the 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape. The seven-episode series was created and written by Brett Johnson and Michael Tolkin and directed by Ben Stiller.

8/10
                                Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-08-2020, 08:36 AM. Reason: linky

Comment

Working...
                                X