pros and cons of the broncos so far

It's fair to say that denver is in the driver seat for that last playoff spot but a lot has to do if portis can play somewhat against either Indy or GB. as for what i have seen so far please leave jake plummer alone for all those who were waiting for him to fail against cleveland in the last minute should give it up. he's the QB of the team and leader that's it. i like denver's chances with him. our running game is the catalyst for the offense and since we own the time of possession when we run well then our defense doesn't stay on the field too long so they are not tired by the 4th qt.
    yet depending on play calling,clock management and special teams at the end of games we might not even make the playoffs if the failure in any of the areas continue in the next two game. I don't bring up our secondary cause since the preseason we knew that would be our achilles heel. we didn't know that our punt coverage and kickoff coverage would be so awful. we also didn't know shanahan's clock mangement skills would come under question just as much his play calling at the end of games. I trust he's better than that but we have to see in the next two weeks. what does everybody think?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Playing at their opponent level obviously!

But now that we come into a very high powered Colts team and a good Packers team with a good QB...we have a shot to win the next two.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

agreed but

CP has to be a part of the offense just because teams set up to stop portis not mike anderson so we need portis as a psycological advantage.

Re: agreed but

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    CP has to be a part of the offense just because teams set up to stop portis not mike anderson so we need portis as a psycological advantage.
    Wouldn't it be an advantage for Indy to gameplan for Cp and then run Anderson at them all day.

true

mike andrson doesn't run like CP so we lose out somewhat. i know he's a thousand yard runner but his impact is not like CP. even with 8 in the box CP can break one where as mike might get stifiled.

Re: We haven't played our best.

Originally posted by Emancipator
    Our best is yet to come. We have played B type games. Our A games are coming up. You will see a dose of running and passing and our CB's will become Playmakers.
    I've been saying that all season. However, one could argue that the KC game was of the 'A' variety.

Re: true

mike andrson doesn't run like CP so we lose out somewhat. i know he's a thousand yard runner but his impact is not like CP. even with 8 in the box CP can break one where as mike might get stifiled.
    Anderson didn't run between the tackles the way CP does. When Mike was the featured back they gained massive yards running the end arounds and sweeps. Anderson adds a totally different element to the running game, and that would also affect the play action options differently.

The depth at linebacker positions. Huge pro.

Originally posted by ChiefsMang
    The depth at linebacker positions. Huge pro.
    Totally agree. While Gold & Mobley are both great players Spragan, Sykes, and Co. have done a great job filling in. So great, in fact, that the Denver D is still ranked #4 right now. Not too bad considering 2 of your starting LB's have been out for some time.

Lets hope Brett is having a crappy day again. He's had a few of those this year and performed miserably.... and no, I'm not looking ahead to GB, but it wouldn't hurt to think about it :p

Nuff said...
    [IMG]http://www.commonlinq.com/chris/nola.jpg[/IMG]
    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Re: true

Like I said...anderson is a bruiser...and he's quick too!
    I'm on Twitter!

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Lets hope Brett is having a crappy day again. He's had a few of those this year and performed miserably.... and no, I'm not looking ahead to GB, but it wouldn't hurt to think about it :p

Nuff said...
    If we take Ahman Green out of the game..then Favre has to win the game and last I checked...he has lackluster recievers.
    I'm on Twitter!