Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tatum Bell

Tatum Bell

Just curious, How many of you are comfortable or satisfied with Tatum Bell's status and progression on the broncos? I'm not really sold on him.....yet. Yeah he has his moments, but in my opinion he's not a No.1 back, a guy who is in the entire game, carrying the ball 20-30 times a game. It seemed last saturday against the chargers that every time he ran into a pile, instead of bouncing outside like most backs would, he just kinda hovered there waiting to be tackled. It seemed BVP had better rushing stats than he did...which isnt a good thing. But anyways, let me know your opinion on what you think about Tatum.

You still have to remember this guy is young and Mike got most of the carrys this year. He wont be a no.1 back with Anderson being that no.1 back thats for sure.
    [IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9743/kman711sig9ob.jpg[/IMG]
    ^snk16.-propz

Quote Originally Posted by GoBrOnCoS16
    Just curious, How many of you are comfortable or satisfied with Tatum Bell's status and progression on the broncos? I'm not really sold on him.....yet. Yeah he has his moments, but in my opinion he's not a No.1 back, a guy who is in the entire game, carrying the ball 20-30 times a game. It seemed last saturday against the chargers that every time he ran into a pile, instead of bouncing outside like most backs would, he just kinda hovered there waiting to be tackled. It seemed BVP had better rushing stats than he did...which isnt a good thing. But anyways, let me know your opinion on what you think about Tatum.
    Im in the same boat as you. Id definately keep bell on the roster for at least next season, but I would not be comfortable with him as our starter next year and beyond. His negatives outweight his positives, but he can fix his flaws and become an elite back, which is what temps me to want to keep him around.,

I would not at all be suprised to see the broncos draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Andre Hall or Dontrelle Moore really stand out for me, as well as Mike Bell.
    Blet

Quote Originally Posted by OrangePeel
    Im in the same boat as you. Id definately keep bell on the roster for at least next season, but I would not be comfortable with him as our starter next year and beyond. His negatives outweight his positives, but he can fix his flaws and become an elite back, which is what temps me to want to keep him around.,

I would not at all be suprised to see the broncos draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Andre Hall or Dontrelle Moore really stand out for me, as well as Mike Bell.
    Yea i agree totally. what i think though is that tatum is trying to be like mike and pound the ball sometimes. I give him all the credit in the world for trying but, he's not a power back. He's a speed back. It just seems that if he would follow his instincts that he could be a top RB in the NFL. By this time in his career, Clinton Portis was FEARED by defenses that we played against and i just dont see anything like that out of Bell.

I am not sold on him, but at this point still think he should be number one, when compared to MA and Dayne. I think Shanahan needs to see how he can perform on 20-30 carries before deciding he can't handle it. I believe his career high is 17 carries.

I think Shanahan did a bad job (maybe intentionally to confuse film study, don't know) with the run calling.

He used toss plays on 3 of Dayne's first 4 carries, but only once in Bell's 17 carries. With Bell he called between the tackle plays, with Dayne he called outside runs. Completely opposite of what you would expect, which is maybe why he did it.

I agree that Bell should have done a better job of not just running into the pile, but he is also trying not to get hit behind the line, and SD was getting penetration, so he was getting some positive yards on almost every play, just not running into holes, which weren't in existance on most of his runs.

I think the SD game was nerves. He also had a lot of pressure (probably self inflicted) to get 1,000 yards. I look at his YPC stat for the year and think that he can be a star in the league.

But if not, Dayne looked really good everytime he got in the game(s), and Anderson is a great running back as long as he is healthy.
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfChaos
    I think the SD game was nerves. He also had a lot of pressure (probably self inflicted) to get 1,000 yards. I look at his YPC stat for the year and think that he can be a star in the league.

But if not, Dayne looked really good everytime he got in the game(s), and Anderson is a great running back as long as he is healthy.
    I agree. I just would really like the Broncos to have an every down back that can go the distance every time he touches the ball, like CP and TD. If Bell isn't the guy, I hope they get one next year. They have two first round choices, so maybe they use one on a good RB candidate. Unlikely, but it could happen.

im tired of hearing these bull***** threads about him....join all the ramblings...

well,

Tatum wants to show and prove to the coaches that he can run any play they give him. He has to realize he's not a brusier, and i think he wants to be that. All day saturday they ran him up the middle and off tackle, and he looked like a 4th string rb. He average a little less than 3ypc. WOW, thats gonna hurt his avg.

Dayne comes in, and they give him the plays i thought Bell should be getting and he's avg.5ypc, and we all know what he can do up the middle or off-tackle. That had me . I think its time for Bell to take a backseat, or at least give him 5-6 carries a game and they all be sweeps and pitch outs. We need to use this guy to his best ability, anything else will be hurting his potential.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

Quote Originally Posted by all DENVER
    im tired of hearing these bull***** threads about him....join all the ramblings...

Umm....Why are the questions BS?

He simply asked for people's opinions.

I totally agree with you here. It appears that Tatum isn't improving at the rate that we expect of our RBs here in Denver. He still misses blocking assignments. That is my biggest concern about him. But he also seems to struggle inside the tackles as well. Someone should break down his average inside the tackles and outside the tackles. Denver can't afford to have a one-dimensional RB, which is what Tatum appears to be.

I've said this before, but unless Tatum shows drastic improvements next year, he will never be a every down back for us. It's not because he lacks physical gifts, its something else.

I would not be suprised to see Dayne start next year. And you can count on Shanahan drafting a RB. How about Memphis's back?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Your talking about Deanglo Williams, He going be tooked early,Most likely the jets i wish we could have him he broke tony dorsett record with most 100 yard games.

I like our 1-2 punch at RB,,MA to pound it out and Tater to run away with it,it worked well this year and I hope we keep it going for a long time..I think its makes the teams we play have to work harder to plan for both of them,then you throw Dayne in for good measure,,its sweet and got us the AFC west!!

Just curious, How many of you are comfortable or satisfied with Tatum Bell's status and progression on the broncos?

I think we're all wanting Tatum to be something he's not (or at least not yet). We'd love to have Clinton Portis-like production, and Bell hasn't done that yet. We see glimpses but not the consistency.

But Bell had 921 yards and 8 touchdowns this year. That's pretty good production out of a second year Running Back. So to answer the question above, I'm not satisfied, but I am comfortable with Bell given he's only been here two years. I think we are using him wisely - as a change of pace back in the last half of ball games. Let Anderson and Dayne do the pounding.

In that San Diego game, one particular play, I saw Bell running into his own lineman and he seemed confused, and gave up. He didn't try to spin wide, he didn't even lunge into the crease that was open to his left.

But he also scored three touchdowns running between the tackles during that same game. So he's getting better in my opinion. If he gets better enough he'll stick around and get more playing time. If not, then someone ese we draft will be playing instead. In the end, I trust the coaches to put the right running back on the field.

I think they are the same because Mike Anderson usually scores most of the touchdowns for the Broncos but other times it is Tatum so i think it is just the moment
    [IMG]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3150/tylerthompsonsig5dd.jpg[/IMG]