Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Tatum Bell

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Too far away from the Rockies
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    In that San Diego game, one particular play, I saw Bell running into his own lineman and he seemed confused, and gave up. He didn't try to spin wide, he didn't even lunge into the crease that was open to his left.
    I bet you saw the same play I saw, that had me It was like he went to the line, turned around and just sat down. I was thinking...wth?!? why didn't he go outside??

    I'm up in the air with the kid still also. He doesn't seem to have good vision, or be willing to cut back. The play calling sending him up the middle is not playing to his strengths. Dayne looked more impressive. Heck, Dayne just was impressive again.

    Then again, you can't argue with 3TDs in a game from the kid. Hopefully progress will be made next year. Even better, in the playoffs this year

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California
    Posts
    148
    Yes, it's the same play we're talking about. It was just sorta like Bell saying, "OK, I'm done. I'll just sit down."

    Contrast that with just about any other RB in the league that is always trying to fight for that last yard or two.

    I like your point about Bell doing more in the playoffs THIS YEAR. I was already looking towards next year for him to bet better. Bad Fan, no biscuit.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    who cares!

    Tatum is not an every down back or #1 back.....but guess what I dont care. Both MA and TB combined is the best running back in the league. Every teams in the league is jealous of us for having this 1 2 combo.

    We been spoiled in the past with Portis and TD. Portis wanted more money because he rushed for 1500 yds and TD got injured for carrying the ball 25-30 times. I much rather have 2 backs that split carries and not get injure or a portis like back that wants more money after rushing 1000 yds.


    C'mon guys, get a clue!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    809

    well.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanInPA
    I bet you saw the same play I saw, that had me It was like he went to the line, turned around and just sat down. I was thinking...wth?!? why didn't he go outside??

    I'm up in the air with the kid still also. He doesn't seem to have good vision, or be willing to cut back. The play calling sending him up the middle is not playing to his strengths. Dayne looked more impressive. Heck, Dayne just was impressive again.

    Then again, you can't argue with 3TDs in a game from the kid. Hopefully progress will be made next year. Even better, in the playoffs this year
    it really looks like he's too indecisive. It doesnt seem like he's grasping on to the concept of one-cut and go. He's still dancin in the backfeild, and thats just not gonna get it. Hopefully this time off he will get it, b/c how many more impressions does Dayne have to make.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    1,242
    The knock on Q, was he danced to much. Or least that is the way Q was thought of on these boards.

    We all know what happened to the little man.

    In this case, if things continue on this trend, I would much rather bring Q back and drop bell. Before everyone goes all haywire here, Q had more to bring to the table. Better blocker, better reciever out of the back field, and what appears to be better vision.

    Dont flip out, its just a comparison based on "if's".

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanInPA
    I bet you saw the same play I saw, that had me It was like he went to the line, turned around and just sat down. I was thinking...wth?!? why didn't he go outside??

    I'm up in the air with the kid still also. He doesn't seem to have good vision, or be willing to cut back. The play calling sending him up the middle is not playing to his strengths. Dayne looked more impressive. Heck, Dayne just was impressive again.

    Then again, you can't argue with 3TDs in a game from the kid. Hopefully progress will be made next year. Even better, in the playoffs this year
    I can't disagree with any assements that Bell looked tentitive going through the hole. If he's ever going to be an every down back he has get stronger, and learn to read his blocking better. It also wouldn't hurt for him to put on some weight.

    Dayne has looked good when he's been called upon but putting him in like having Anderson in they have similar running styles, Bell is a better change of pace. Besides as you mentioned three td runs isn't a bad days work two of which were at the goalline.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,774
    I'm not sold with Bell just yet. Sure, it's awesome how he almost hit 1k being the second back. The things that worry me are "can he run up the middle"? A lot of easy third and one's, he just got stuffed. I'm sure he'll become better at it, but I'm not sold on him yet.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    I'm not sold with Bell just yet. Sure, it's awesome how he almost hit 1k being the second back. The things that worry me are "can he run up the middle"? A lot of easy third and one's, he just got stuffed. I'm sure he'll become better at it, but I'm not sold on him yet.

    I think we ended up with a mixed bag because all three of tds were between the tackles.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,774
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I think we ended up with a mixed bag because all three of tds were between the tackles.
    True, you did get me on that.

    But we both know that there were more runs between the tackles, and you can clearly see how well his avg. was between them.

    He might of scored 3 tds, but he could not run up the gut well.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    True, you did get me on that.

    But we both know that there were more runs between the tackles, and you can clearly see how well his avg. was between them.

    He might of scored 3 tds, but he could not run up the gut well.

    I can't argue with you about that, in fact I agree with you.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBrOnCoS16
    Just curious, How many of you are comfortable or satisfied with Tatum Bell's status and progression on the broncos? I'm not really sold on him.....yet. Yeah he has his moments, but in my opinion he's not a No.1 back, a guy who is in the entire game, carrying the ball 20-30 times a game. It seemed last saturday against the chargers that every time he ran into a pile, instead of bouncing outside like most backs would, he just kinda hovered there waiting to be tackled. It seemed BVP had better rushing stats than he did...which isnt a good thing. But anyways, let me know your opinion on what you think about Tatum.
    I thought the exact same thing when I watched the game on Saturday with Bell constantly refusing to take the outside which is not some thing he should be refusing at all with that speed. Although he is young and some people want to use that as an excuse, by the time you get to the NFL you either have vision or you don't. I believe that Bell has it, but Shanny has been so ruff on him about trying to take it the hole every game when he gets an extended number of carries, that Tatum does it more than he should because he doesn't want to end back up in the dog house. Obviously he was in it for other reasons in the past, but not listening to coaches was apparently one of them.

    He'll be a great back someday. One of those guys that carries the load for the whole game. He gives you what a lot of runningbacks in this league don't --- points through the running game. Sure Tiki has over 1,700 yards and had the lead in the rushing title for awhile, but he hasn't scored very many touchdowns. I just hope that the Broncos don't let Tatum get away because it's only a matter of time before he really finds his stride on how to move the ball down the field effectively.I think he has the perfect situation right now for where he is in his development, and like everyone else I am very excited at our chances in the playoffs with him and Anderson running the rock. And who knows, maybe the AFC Championship/ Superbowl will be a massive breakout party for Tatum........................
    [COLOR=Orange]#6 Cutler -- Don't try exist in #7's shadow, make your own...........[/COLOR]

    [IMG]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/320252.jpg[/IMG]

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    True, you did get me on that.

    But we both know that there were more runs between the tackles, and you can clearly see how well his avg. was between them.

    He might of scored 3 tds, but he could not run up the gut well.
    Don't forget that we are judging him based on his performance against the number 1 rushing defense in the league. LT didn't look all that impressive against us in that game either, because we too have a very good run defense. Are we forgetting that Tatum was the 2ND string back this year? Didn't he still almost run for 1000 yards and 8 TD's??? What do you guys want from our 2nd string running back. Give him Dayne's carries and he would have been well over 1000 yards. It's the same as Lelie, people complain about his production, but they forget that both him and Tatum are the 2nd options in their respective roles.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBrOnCoS16
    Just curious, How many of you are comfortable or satisfied with Tatum Bell's status and progression on the broncos? I'm not really sold on him.....yet. Yeah he has his moments, but in my opinion he's not a No.1 back, a guy who is in the entire game, carrying the ball 20-30 times a game. It seemed last saturday against the chargers that every time he ran into a pile, instead of bouncing outside like most backs would, he just kinda hovered there waiting to be tackled. It seemed BVP had better rushing stats than he did...which isnt a good thing. But anyways, let me know your opinion on what you think about Tatum.
    yeah, if dayne hadn't been there to take on some carries, Tater wouldn't have made it... But i hope he'll get better and with some more experience and coaching i'm sure he will

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    canton ohio
    Posts
    754
    I would actually like to see Dayne get a shot at the #1 spot. Every time he has came in, he runs hard, tough, and gets the extra yard. I am happy with MA, but i would like to see Dayne get a shot at being the premier back. In Denver, i think he would shine.

    Tatum is a very explosive back, great speed, etc. I do not like him running inside though. Reminds me of Cleveland sending Metcalf up the middle, and Byner outside, lol.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    452
    Hey thanks a lot guys!!!! All of you bring up very very great points and i'm thankfull i'm not the only one who feels Tatum can and maybe will someday be a great RB for the broncos. I guess time and Tatum will be the major factors in his development. Thanks again!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •