Best Thing To Happen To Denver Was That Lost To Miami

I sure think so. Mainly because it taught the team that they can't overlook anybody and that they should be prepared better for their opponent.

Other than that, a nail-biter against the Giants and a KC butt-whuping, I think the Broncos season was based on the lost in Miami.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

True! But how do you prepare for a team that is identical to the Broncos. First one that slips up loses the game and hopefully that's the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    I sure think so. Mainly because it taught the team that they can't overlook anybody and that they should be prepared better for their opponent.

Other than that, a nail-biter against the Giants and a KC butt-whuping, I think the Broncos season was based on the lost in Miami.
    I think it was both the Miami game and the first San Diego game. We played like bad just like in Miami during the first half of the San Diego game. It took Champ's pick for us to wake up. Both those games combined are what drove this team to the success it has seen thus far.
    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

I agree that the Miami loss set the tone for the season. I think that it embarrassed the Broncos. I also saw after that game that the team seemed to play hard the whole game. In the past one of the knocks on the Broncos is that they get far ahead or way behind and some of the players just give up. This year I didn't see anyone giving up on any game. The loss to the Giants was a nail biter that slipped away in the last few seconds, but the win agianst Washington went the other way for us, we won that game by playing tough at the end when it looked like another melt down was on it's way. I rechecked the stats and I don't see where we got whupped by the Chiefs it was a very even game. Players, Coaches and ANALysts always say that Great teams find ways to win and Denver has done that all year.

And now for my serving of Crow. I posted after the Miami loss that Denvers season stragety was to try and get 2 top ten picks, and that this season was lost. Well after a great big Plate of Crow I now will never doubt agian.

How do we beat the Steelers? Well I think Denver has a huge advantage on this. Pitt is very similar to San Diego. The QB is good and set up by a killer run game. The 3-4 Defense is hinged on Outstanding Linebacker play... the biggest difference I see is that the Bolts players are actually better than the Steelers. Thats just my take though.
    No Blood No Foul

I would agree, but I would also say the first six quarters of the season, ended by this rumored half time speech.

I would sure like to hear more detail about that half time meeting after this season is done

27 to 31 loss is a butt whuping? Or were you meaning our victory over the Cheifs?
    Last edited by section 118; 01-17-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by section 118
    27 to 31 loss is a butt whuping? Or were you meaning our victory over the Cheifs?

I was wondering the same thing...LOL

tell that to the colts on week 14 when they played the chargers or the week after that when the chargers played the fins at their own house.....if it wasn't for the bolts losing to the fins, the steelers wouldnt even make the playoff. quite ironic how everything work out the way it did.

I said the best loss was against the Chiefs. Everyone was like, "Are you an idiot" It proved right. We got angry, played a tough game against the ravens, and just started to roll.

I can agree with that. The Miami lost is a huge factor in the success of this season. Champ's int in the second game against SD was the turning point.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

I agree except we didnt get buttwhipped by the Chiefs. They got their butt whipped on monday night but thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    I said the best loss was against the Chiefs. Everyone was like, "Are you an idiot" It proved right. We got angry, played a tough game against the ravens, and just started to roll.
    what on earth are you talking about?! how did you get proven right? and we WERE on a roll before that chiefs loss. the chiefs game didn't have a big impact on our season in my opinion

The Miami game was a wake up call but Bailey in the SD game is what really turned our season around.

I have said this before just look what happed after each lose we had. Instead of going into a funk we went long winning streaks.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

I took 6 quaters for us to wake up.

After that we've played some hard Bronco football.

It was a learning experience on the way... we got off to fast starts, didn't close out teams and in NY it bit us in the butt. KC is always hard but we fought hard to make it a game to show we can be competive anywhere.

Miami was the first lesson, but we have learned a lot since then.

You play 60 minutes of Bronco football you have a grat chance of coming out a winner. No one player is bigger than the team and everyone's role is important.

Think of Sunday as a chance for graduation.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.