Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sick of big ben

Thumbs up Sick of big ben

I live about 15 miles from Findlay. All I here is Ben this and Ben that.
    And how pittsburgh is going to the Super Bowl.
    No way, denver is gonna confuse and knock him down.
    And denver is gonna fool all those defenders, and win a trip to the Super Bowl.

i feel ya on that one..i live in Toledo, OH about 45 minutes from Findlay and even am a sports writer at the Toledo newspaper we run stories non stop on Big Ben. It needs to come to an end..go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTyger
    i feel ya on that one..i live in Toledo, OH about 45 minutes from Findlay and even am a sports writer at the Toledo newspaper we run stories non stop on Big Ben. It needs to come to an end..go Broncos
    End or not (I think the Black n Gold will win), he is a 2nd year QB going to his 2nd AFC Championship in as many years. Of course they and WE in the burgh are talking about it. Anyone ever see the other 3 (maybe 4) QB's to accomplish such this task in only their second year?

If we take a lead Big Ben will fold. One thing about him is he cannot lead a team from behind and carry the team on his shoulders by himself. Now Plummer is not the greatest at leading a big comeback either, but I am very confident that We will take the lead (As Shanny loves to do) and run the ball on them.

Jake and Big Ben are very simmiliar. They are more effective when their pass attempts are limited. Whoever has the least pass attempts will probably win the game as the one who throws more has to play catchup. Both of these teams love to run. Both of these teams have a great Run Defense. Big Ben is a statue, Jake can move. They can pressure Plummer but they wont get him as easy as they did Peyton.

Overall it si a very simmiliar game. If we take the lead on them we win. Plain and simple. I have a great feeling about this week and we will win. Steelers won their Superbowl last week when they beat the Colts. Now it's our turn to beat them and prove to everyone who the best team in the NFL is.
    [IMG]http://www.kaitlynpaige.net/!cid_image001.gif[/IMG]

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Truck123
    End or not (I think the Black n Gold will win), he is a 2nd year QB going to his 2nd AFC Championship in as many years. Of course they and WE in the burgh are talking about it. Anyone ever see the other 3 (maybe 4) QB's to accomplish such this task in only their second year?

Being a second year is why I have a feeling the Steelers will not win this game. If he were a 6 plus year veteran then maybe I 'd be worried. Watch how a second year QB reacts when a game this big is on the line. You will see the mistakes and the pressure.
    [IMG]http://www.kaitlynpaige.net/!cid_image001.gif[/IMG]

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokyong
    Being a second year is why I have a feeling the Steelers will not win this game. If he were a 6 plus year veteran then maybe I 'd be worried. Watch how a second year QB reacts when a game this big is on the line. You will see the mistakes and the pressure.

I'd be worried either way. This game I believe is the best match up in a long long time for the AFC title.

If we take a lead Big Ben will fold. One thing about him is he cannot lead a team from behind and carry the team on his shoulders by himself. Now Plummer is not the greatest at leading a big comeback either, but I am very confident that We will take the lead (As Shanny loves to do) and run the ball on them.

Jake and Big Ben are very simmiliar. They are more effective when their pass attempts are limited. Whoever has the least pass attempts will probably win the game as the one who throws more has to play catchup. Both of these teams love to run. Both of these teams have a great Run Defense. Big Ben is a statue, Jake can move. They can pressure Plummer but they wont get him as easy as they did Peyton.

Overall it si a very simmiliar game. If we take the lead on them we win. Plain and simple. I have a great feeling about this week and we will win. Steelers won their Superbowl last week when they beat the Colts. Now it's our turn to beat them and prove to everyone who the best team in the NFL is.
    Big Ben is a statue? Who do you think you are kidding. Big Ben is no Michael Vick but he certainly has the size and mobility to avoid the rush and make plays with his feet. The only reason the Broncos have a chance to win is because it is at Mile High. Play this game in a neutral environment and the Steelers win because they have a better defense. This thread is dumb. I mean, of course people in the Pittsburgh area are going to be full of confidence that they will win just like people here. It's dumb to say, "I'm sick of Big Ben this Big Ben that". Well you know what, maybe some people are sick of hearing that Jake Plummer has suddenly become a good quarterback. And no this is not sour grapes because your team made the playoffs and mine didn't. I almost wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos win the super bowl because I want Chiefs fans to be able to say that Carl Peterson sucks as a GM. Every single team in the AFC West has been to the Super Bowl in the past 20 years, but the Chiefs haven't.

He's only been around 2 years and you're sick of him already??? get used to it, especially if he remains healthy, this kid is the next bradshaw, however I'm rooting for denver....

Quoted from a post by Realfan101: "The next thing i come across is how they play when they have the lead or are trailing. Roethlisburger plays exceptionaly well when trailing compared to Plummer. Plummer when losing; 131 att 71 comp 54.6 % 71.9 qb rating
    Roethlisburger when losing; 81 att 60 comp 74.1 % 115.3 qb rating.

Incomparison when they have the lead
    Plummer leading; 197 att 119 comp 60.4 % 95.5 qb rating
    Roethlisburger leading; 112 att 63 comp 56.3 % 87.5 qb rating."

Ben Roethlisburger can't come from behind to win a game? Did you watch any Steelers games from last season?

You mean fold like he did in the Cincinatti game? Statue??? That's pretty funny too. Actually, we want to force Jake to throw out of the pocket, not on the run... Good luck on Sunday. Should be a great ball game...

Quote Originally Posted by ElDudearino
    He's only been around 2 years and you're sick of him already??? get used to it, especially if he remains healthy, this kid is the next bradshaw, however I'm rooting for denver....

yep: like the man said, "next Bradshaw". & even Dan Rooney said the same thing.

So get use to it for the kid is young & gaining more experience every week & the best part is that he is calling his own shots!

You can't except anything less than being a "home grown"" boy from Findlay Ohio!

What a champ!

GO STEELERS/ YA BLACK & GOLD....................

No The Steelers Are Going To Bury You Into The Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Big Ben is a statue? Who do you think you are kidding. Big Ben is no Michael Vick but he certainly has the size and mobility to avoid the rush and make plays with his feet. The only reason the Broncos have a chance to win is because it is at Mile High. Play this game in a neutral environment and the Steelers win because they have a better defense. This thread is dumb. I mean, of course people in the Pittsburgh area are going to be full of confidence that they will win just like people here. It's dumb to say, "I'm sick of Big Ben this Big Ben that". Well you know what, maybe some people are sick of hearing that Jake Plummer has suddenly become a good quarterback. And no this is not sour grapes because your team made the playoffs and mine didn't. I almost wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos win the super bowl because I want Chiefs fans to be able to say that Carl Peterson sucks as a GM. Every single team in the AFC West has been to the Super Bowl in the past 20 years, but the Chiefs haven't.
    me like

I'm sick of the blind Steeler fans praising Big Ben for what? I'm very open minded on players, but he doesn't impress me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy
    I live about 15 miles from Findlay. All I here is Ben this and Ben that.
    And how pittsburgh is going to the Super Bowl.
    No way, denver is gonna confuse and knock him down.
    And denver is gonna fool all those defenders, and win a trip to the Super Bowl.
    As in 15 minutes from Findly Township? That's very close to where my house is
    KYLE ORTON ARMY FAN CLUB #64
    Official Knowshon Moreno fan club member #7

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded