Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sick of big ben

If Big Ben is the next Bradshaw does that mean the Pittsburgh faithful will call him "dumb and slow" and alienate him so much that he doesn't return to Pittsburgh for 20 years or so after he retires?

Pittsburgh doesn't get to embrace Bradshaw, he won't have anything to do with your city after the way you treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsander
    I'm sick of the blind Steeler fans praising Big Ben for what? I'm very open minded on players, but he doesn't impress me whatsoever.

Of course he doesn't impress you because your a broncos fan. John Elway doesn't impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan123
    Of course he doesn't impress you because your a broncos fan. John Elway doesn't impress me.
    BTW I was kidding.... Elway is one of the best QB's of all time. But, if Roethlisberger was Dever's QB and in the same position you would be talking him up too...

Cool

well, you almost got it right. John Elway is THE BEST QB of all-time.

I'm sure Big Ben is a nice guy, but as a QB, mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by dtigg69
    well, you almost got it right. John Elway is THE BEST QB of all-time.

I'm sure Big Ben is a nice guy, but as a QB, mediocre.
    I would say that has to go to the guy with more Super Bowl rings, Joe Montana.

Me also ... joe was more impressive... Elway was the comeback king but, don't forget Montana didn't do to bad in come back drives.

Joe Montana actually had really good players around him. When John Elway had good players, he won Super Bowls also, by himself he couldn't.

Now would probably be a good time to point out that Ben wears #7 because of John Elway.

Maybe it's because I went to a MAC school, or that John Cooper/OSU completely whiffed on him, but I like Roethlisberger. He comes from a solid family and simply enjoys playing football. All in all, he's a pretty stand-up guy who hasn't let his success go completely to his head. What's more incredible is that he didn't even play QB until his senior year of high school, so this is only his sixth year at the position. I knew from his freshman year in college when he lit up my alma mater he'd be good.

He kind of irritated me with the "us against the world" comments today since a ton of "experts" are picking the Steelers, but I'm sure if the roles were reversed Jake would be saying the same thing.

I live in Scranton Pa and all I hear is Gerry McNamara. I think thats because if a star comes from a small town like Findlay there going to follow him very closley.
    Next Bus Stop: Canton!!
    Ben saved our season with that takle. "The Immaculate Tackle" or just "The Tackle"
    [IMG]http://ideaspot.net/mlb/AL_East/medium/yankees4-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/medium/mich-med.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    I would say that has to go to the guy with more Super Bowl rings, Joe Montana.

ok then, don't we have to go back to bradshaw? he's got 4. joe's got 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius
    Now would probably be a good time to point out that Ben wears #7 because of John Elway.

Maybe it's because I went to a MAC school, or that John Cooper/OSU completely whiffed on him, but I like Roethlisberger. He comes from a solid family and simply enjoys playing football. All in all, he's a pretty stand-up guy who hasn't let his success go completely to his head. What's more incredible is that he didn't even play QB until his senior year of high school, so this is only his sixth year at the position. I knew from his freshman year in college when he lit up my alma mater he'd be good.

He kind of irritated me with the "us against the world" comments today since a ton of "experts" are picking the Steelers, but I'm sure if the roles were reversed Jake would be saying the same thing.
    What MAC school Ignatius?

You do realize that ben Has the same amout of losses in his carreer as Plummer has this year right? You also realize that Big ben has been to twice as many championship games as plummer, and you also realize that his completion percentage and QB rating is higher, he has a slicker hair cut and looks quite dapper in that pinstripe suit right?

I'm not saying ben is god, but you can't possibly be impressed by Plummer and NOT be impressed by ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsander
    I'm sick of the blind Steeler fans praising Big Ben for what? I'm very open minded on players, but he doesn't impress me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by delinx32
    You do realize that ben Has the same amout of losses in his carreer as Plummer has this year right? You also realize that Big ben has been to twice as many championship games as plummer, and you also realize that his completion percentage and QB rating is higher, he has a slicker hair cut and looks quite dapper in that pinstripe suit right?

I'm not saying ben is god, but you can't possibly be impressed by Plummer and NOT be impressed by ben.
    I would half to disagree with this last statement. Plummer has cut down on his interceptions this year and the defense has really stepped up its game. Denver has more playoff experience on there team as well as super bowl experience. This is benny's 2nd AFC title game but Rod Smith's and other bronco's 3rd or so.
    KYLE ORTON ARMY FAN CLUB #64
    Official Knowshon Moreno fan club member #7

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Okay....I'm a Broncos fan and I really, really want us to win this weekend BUT I'll be honest. If the Broncos weren't in it, I'd want the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl. I like Roethlessberger (spelling...I know.) I like Bettis and wouldn't mind seeing him get a Super Bowl ring. I have a friend at work who likes the Steelers. But, I still really, really hope we win this weekend and I think we have awesome chances because we're in Mile High and as one of the guys on my boyfriend's pool team put it "Jake sure does have a cannon on him."

Like him or not, and whether you think it is him, or the team around him it doesn't matter. You've got to give Ben his props. Hell before the draft I told my friend that he was the best QB in that draft. I still think he is. This game features probably one of the best match-up's in a long, long time.

That being said, great game, close till the 4th quarter, make mine

Denver 26
    Pittsburgh 17
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.