idiot kicker on letterman

what does everyone think about Mike Vanderjaght on the Letterman show four days after missing badly on that game tying field goal?

If i were Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts i'd be upset at that..what a punk

Ack...

That amount of pain and frustration is the last thing I want to see on national TV. Even if they do try to water it rarefy with humor.

Personally, as one of the PTI guys said, I believed that it was really an audition tape for other teams.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

People are being too hard on Vanderjagt. It was a 46 yard field goal, which is not a chip shot. There was also a TON of pressure on him. (It hurts to support a Colts player, believe me it won't happen again)
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/11/random.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. D-Will.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampBronco
    People are being too hard on Vanderjagt. It was a 46 yard field goal, which is not a chip shot. There was also a TON of pressure on him. (It hurts to support a Colts player, believe me it won't happen again)
    STOP WITH THE BLASPHEYMY!

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Did Letterman ask any pertinent questions? Like, "How's it feel to screw up an entire season with 1 swing of the boot?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    STOP WITH THE BLASPHEYMY!
    I'm just sayin, kickers are like o-lineman, when they make it thats what they are supposed to do and they go on unrecognized, when they miss it they should lose their jobs according to some fans.
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/11/random.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. D-Will.

I'll bet Letterman's out at least 1/2 million on Vegas odds with that kick...
    [SIZE=6][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][B][I][U][FONT=Impact]NEVER[/FONT][/U][/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR=DarkOrange]BEEN OFF THE BANDWAGON[/COLOR][SIZE=7][COLOR=LightBlue]!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Lmao he blamed it on the steeler fans on the left. he said they all blew at the same time and he missed.
    Canadian broncos fan for life

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTyger
    what does everyone think about Mike Vanderjaght on the Letterman show four days after missing badly on that game tying field goal?

If i were Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts i'd be upset at that..what a punk
    Boy you guys are really upset the Colts lost and their little wimpy hitting!!!! Did you guys wanna play the Colts cause you seem upset that Blitzburgh is comin to town, also his field goal should not have mattered due to the BS call about Troys INT!!!!!

the only player that has to take a blame for loosing that game is Payton.he blow it.
    if he was not to greedy in those last few plays outcome would be much different.
    Payton, dude you suck!
    p.s thanx for givin'us a home field game,hehehe.
    GO BRONCOS, ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmillhunkie
    Boy you guys are really upset the Colts lost and their little wimpy hitting!!!! Did you guys wanna play the Colts cause you seem upset that Blitzburgh is comin to town, also his field goal should not have mattered due to the BS call about Troys INT!!!!!
    Definitely not upset to have pittsburg coming to town because it's a home field game for us. 9-0 home we dont care who you are we're not scared. Just a small bit dissapointed not to get a shot at revenge on the colts in a year where we felt we finally could beat them. but fortunately yall took care of it first and now we're playing in denver.

I get sick and tired of people blaming the kicker for a team losing. Guess what, before that kick the Colts offense and defense played 59 minutes of football. And with an offense like theirs at home, it should never have come down to a long field goal.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Thumbs up

Kicking a FG is a highly technical skill. The placement and traction of the plant foot is critical for correct foot/ball contact. The kicker must kick through the ball and the follow through along with the alignment of the toe of the plant foot, the hips, and the torso determine the trajectory. Everything has to be perfect to ever become consistant. If any one of these things is even slightly off the ball is pushed or pulled to the side or contact is either to low or to high on the ball.

Looking through my Denver Bronco eyes- It looked like a hell of a kick to me. . . a hell of a kick!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTyger

it just reminds me that the Colts are out of the playoffs. I'm cool with that/
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts