Page 9429 of 9451 FirstFirst ... 8429 8929 9329 9379 9419 9427 9428 9429 9430 9431 9439 ... LastLast
Results 141,421 to 141,435 of 141762
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I never told you about it (I don't think). Unless I posted about it somewhere, maybe you have me confused with someone? We did have a member who has lupus, but she hasn't posted for a long time. I think hers was more advanced than mine is.
    Pretty sure I saw a comment you made many moons ago about it... I think. But it could of been about someone else.......
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-11-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Are you ok? How does it hamper you...if that's not too personal. I completely understand if I am reaching too far.
    I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

It hit me hard when I was first diagnosed. But after researching it, I realize that I have a mild form of it. My organs are not going to shut down and I'm not going to die from it next week. I take daily medication and I have to wear sunscreen (50+), which is a good thing to do anyways. And wear a hat if I'm out in the sun a lot. Achy joints sometimes. Oh, and I have to get my eyes checked yearly (did a baseline exam before I started meds) to make sure they're okay. So, not too different than "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Pretty sure I saw a comment you made many moons ago about it... I think. But it could of been about someone else.......
    I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. The person I mentioned was here 2007.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. The person I mentioned was here 2007.
    Yeah had to be someone else.

I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

It hit me hard when I was first diagnosed. But after researching it, I realize that I have a mild form of it. My organs are not going to shut down and I'm not going to die from it next week. I take daily medication and I have to wear sunscreen (50+), which is a good thing to do anyways. And wear a hat if I'm out in the sun a lot. Achy joints sometimes. Oh, and I have to get my eyes checked yearly (did a baseline exam before I started meds) to make sure they're okay. So, not too different than "normal".
    Sounds like something we would all initially worry about, but that you have under control, and with good medical support, including healthcare professionals and the science thereof. I always say, as long as something I have stays relatively in check, and only worsens very gradually, I am good with it. The changes are so slow that it is akin to aging itself.

It sounds like you are managing very well, and as mentioned, are in very good hands. I know you would prefer not to have such a condition, but it sounds like a very positive process.

What a boring day. Too wet to work. No Broncos football. Gf is stationed 1,700 miles away.... Old cowboy movies with pizza and ice cream I suppose.

Monday funday. Is it the weekend yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

This may not help Brent, but think of it this way....you lose some sleep now, but it helps to let you sleep in every day if you want, when you are a "little" older! Now, I do admit, there were plenty of days when I woke up early to a busy day ahead, and it was howling wind, snow and cold outside, and I had meetings/activities til night time...that made me look forward to retirement!

But if I may...I like to tell folks a few things about getting up to go to work:
    1) Try very, very hard to avoid the urge of staying home, because the discipline gained over time will be very useful in many ways. Plus you will often regret staying home within a few hours, once the initial pain of getting up is over.
    2) People might rely on you, and you may be letting them down
    3) Try to think of just one good reason for going to work....just one....and stick with it.
    4) This might be the best day EVER, and you might look back and love the fact you got into that shower and on the road!
    5) Each day you continue to "be there", folks build an image of you as a "reliable" person. That's hard to attain, but very easy to lose.

So have one of these...

and maybe one of these....

Ö.and go get 'em tiger!
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-14-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Awesome reply post!

Work is work. Thereís a reason its not called vacation. But itís not the worst thing in the world. Just another day closer to retirement!

Awesome reply post!

Work is work. There’s a reason its not called vacation. But it’s not the worst thing in the world. Just another day closer to retirement!
    Hey pal.....I have one problem with my response. I want that breakfast sandwich, and I already ate!!

Yes...work is work. if you are lucky you have a great job, one that makes you happy. And if you are really lucky, you work with fabulous people, and most important, you have a good boss! Not that my views are representative of everyone else's, but the positives I miss about my career include:
    - recognition for achievements
    - maybe much more important, knowing that the people that mattered recognized my effort.
    - meeting people and maintaining great relationships. I was lucky, because in my career I met thousands of people, and many became either friends or folks I know I could say "hi" to, many years later. I still bump into folks almost every time I go to an event, or shopping or even on trips. It was the people that I miss. The daily positive interactions. On that note, I tell of how my whole day would change as I walked from the parking lot to my office. Along the walk, which was mostly indoors, but in a long downtown facility.....I would pass person after person after person, who worked in our various sites, and after the smiles and the "hi's" and even some "high 5s", my energy level would be near a 10!!!

Anyway....work is hard at times, and sometimes we do not have the best situation....but it pays the bills, and can always be a stepping stone to a better position. One you may love!

Sounds like something we would all initially worry about, but that you have under control, and with good medical support, including healthcare professionals and the science thereof. I always say, as long as something I have stays relatively in check, and only worsens very gradually, I am good with it. The changes are so slow that it is akin to aging itself.

It sounds like you are managing very well, and as mentioned, are in very good hands. I know you would prefer not to have such a condition, but it sounds like a very positive process.
    I am very thankful for the healthcare I have.

At first, I was very hesitate to learn more about lupus. All I had heard about it was that the organs shut down and the butterfly rash (this from the lady who used to post here). My organs are fine and I don't have the rash.

One article I read (from a reliable source. I do check on that), talked about a 10 year study that was done. People read the study and immediately thought that their life span after being diagnosed was 10 years. No. The study ended after 10 years. Not the people in the study. They continued to live long after. That made me feel better.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Since this is 14 hours late y'all can disregard and go about your day. 😂😂😂😂

I am very thankful for the healthcare I have.

At first, I was very hesitate to learn more about lupus. All I had heard about it was that the organs shut down and the butterfly rash (this from the lady who used to post here). My organs are fine and I don't have the rash.

One article I read (from a reliable source. I do check on that), talked about a 10 year study that was done. People read the study and immediately thought that their life span after being diagnosed was 10 years. No. The study ended after 10 years. Not the people in the study. They continued to live long after. That made me feel better.
    I am like you. I seldom jump to the pump to learn about things that are afflicting me. I feel like it will be as bad or worse than I anticipate. However, that is not true in a high % of cases. I think we tend to associate things with the "more publicized" worst scenario that we have heard about, whereas the illnesses that are commonly under control become less and less newsworthy, if you know what I mean. Good news often does not travel as fast as the other kind. But modern healthcare is much more advanced in so many ways. For example, many of us do not even realize that some illnesses are either totally cured, or in rapid decline.

Anyway...this one is about Peanut, and it sounds like you have this thing cornered pretty good, and that must be great relief for you and your loved ones.

I am happy for you.

Ah, nothing like a 12hour shift and then a late night gym session to top off Monday. Goodnight all!

Ah, nothing like a 12hour shift and then a late night gym session to top off Monday. Goodnight all!
    Based on what I can tell....you are living the dream! (why? cuz u r heading in the right direction)

Based on what I can tell....you are living the dream! (why? cuz u r heading in the right direction)

Ah! A beer would help solidify the picture of today's dream!