X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Geez I get ticked when I use those paper coffee filters and they flop over during the brewing process....which leads to extremely weak coffee and grounds to chew on! Well, I guess that could be classified as a meal......

Comment

• Saddletramp
      Captain
      • Nov 2005

This old man is TIRED!
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        I'd just quit running!
        Hey pal.....not sure if you ever watch "Escape To The Country", which is typically at least 5 years old, but I catch them occasionally. I find the real estate aspect very interesting, and love the scenic places they show.

Anyway....last night one couple was looking in "Snowdonia". That's your turf, correct? If so, sounds like a very pretty park area, with not that many residents.

Did I get any of that right?

:thumb:

Comment

• armedequation
          cafe official sidekick
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Hey pal.....not sure if you ever watch "Escape To The Country", which is typically at least 5 years old, but I catch them occasionally. I find the real estate aspect very interesting, and love the scenic places they show.

Anyway....last night one couple was looking in "Snowdonia". That's your turf, correct? If so, sounds like a very pretty park area, with not that many residents.

I thought they didnt get much snow there...
          Of course according to my wife, im always wrong so...yeah
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            I thought they didnt get much snow there...
            Of course according to my wife, im always wrong so...yeah
            Here's what wiki says about the place:

Snowdonia is a mountainous region in northwestern Wales and a national park of 823 square miles (2,130 km2) in area. It was the first to be designated of the three national parks in Wales, in 1951. It contains the highest peaks in the United Kingdom outside of Scotland.

Here are but a few pics I have added:

BUT lets let Jaws give us the lowdown. I may be showing areas that are far from where she resides. If in fact I got the location even close to being correct.

Comment

• Saddletramp
              Captain
              • Nov 2005

I'd just quit running!
              She found this quite funny....
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                Captain
                • Nov 2005

The smoking hot soldier girl got a promotion today. She is the US Army Special Forces newest Staff Sergeant!!!! And best lookin one also.....
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• armedequation
                  cafe official sidekick
                  • Aug 2005

good news: i will be picking up my custom built 350hp 2007 forester xt on the 6th of december. world rally blue 5 speed....i cant wait. its like im on overhaulin.

bad news: hot water heater went out and i never could figure out why. i check the elements, thermal switch wasnt tripped and i had power with no tripped breakers or blown fuses. i figured that because it was 15 years old that it was time for a new one. went down the mountain and picked one up got home to find out that it has a big dent in the bottom. the box wasnt damaged either which means that the factory boxed it up anyways.

i called lowes back and explain the situation and that i wont be able to make it back down until later. they say that i am free to try it and if works and im okay with it that they will give me a discount. if it doesnt work then i can bring it down at my discretion to swap it. so i hook it and up and it works!.....for half a day and now we dont have hot water again.
                  same thing....everything is as it should be just no hot water coming out. tomorrow i have to drain and disconnect everything so i can swap it friday afternoon...no hot water for a bit...
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Jaws
                    The Immortal Madam Chomp
                    • Oct 2004

Here's what wiki says about the place:

Snowdonia is a mountainous region in northwestern Wales and a national park of 823 square miles (2,130 km2) in area. It was the first to be designated of the three national parks in Wales, in 1951. It contains the highest peaks in the United Kingdom outside of Scotland.

Here are but a few pics I have added:

BUT lets let Jaws give us the lowdown. I may be showing areas that are far from where she resides. If in fact I got the location even close to being correct.
                    I happened to catch that very episode you watched even though I hadn't watched the series previously in a while.
                    The first property in Cerrigydrudion is just twenty minutes away from where I live and the second one in Cynwyd even closer.
                    Those photos you share are a little further from my neck of the woods being in the more populous Northern part of Snowdonia. We are in the southern part, just as pretty, but quieter. Wouldn't live anywhere else

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

I happened to catch that very episode you watched even though I hadn't watched the series previously in a while.
                      The first property in Cerrigydrudion is just twenty minutes away from where I live and the second one in Cynwyd even closer.
                      Those photos you share are a little further from my neck of the woods being in the more populous Northern part of Snowdonia. We are in the southern part, just as pretty, but quieter. Wouldn't live anywhere else
                      Beautiful country Jaws!!!!

Haha....maybe we'll have to start an "Escape To The Country" / "Escape From The Continent" thread!!

(note: one small issue I have...they hardly ever buy a place!!)

Comment

• Jaws
                        The Immortal Madam Chomp
                        • Oct 2004

Beautiful country Jaws!!!!

Haha....maybe we'll have to start an "Escape To The Country" / "Escape From The Continent" thread!!

(note: one small issue I have...they hardly ever buy a place!!)
                        Thanks Can
                        Yes, it's quite rare for purchases to happened, only once every twenty episodes at most, even less quite possibly.
                        I also like very much that in the episode in question they had a decent segment on the Welsh language too - seeing as it's the 1st language of 80% of Snowdonia inhabitants.
                        Sadly, in the rest of Wales not the case - 10% is the national rate. A century ago, it was 90%.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Thanks Can
                          Yes, it's quite rare for purchases to happened, only once every twenty episodes at most, even less quite possibly.
                          I also like very much that in the episode in question they had a decent segment on the Welsh language too - seeing as it's the 1st language of 80% of Snowdonia inhabitants.
                          Sadly, in the rest of Wales not the case - 10% is the national rate. A century ago, it was 90%.
                          You might laugh, but I watch those shows if I need a little snooze.....they relax me!

Comment

• Jaws
                            The Immortal Madam Chomp
                            • Oct 2004

You might laugh, but I watch those shows if I need a little snooze.....they relax me!
                            I have a similar habit.
                            Most Saturday afternoons I turn Radio 4 on and have a lovely hour long snooze through the political show "Any Questions ". Sometimes the nap may even run over into "Any Answers" and if it's been a really exhausting week I'll sleep through the afternoon drama too!

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

I have a similar habit.
                              Most Saturday afternoons I turn Radio 4 on and have a lovely hour long snooze through the political show "Any Questions ". Sometimes the nap may even run over into "Any Answers" and if it's been a really exhausting week I'll sleep through the afternoon drama too!
                              Yes.....you are like me that way. I did not realize how many folks either like to snooze, or need help to have one, and use tv/radio shows, and other types of relaxing sounds to put 'em into slumberville! Whenever I see a show that is really relaxing, I will record it. Same goes with radio, as it is easy to find those episodes and play them at a later date. I have actually fallen asleep at the desk here, listening to some soothing voices. Not the best of bedding, but who cares!

Comment

• armedequation
                                cafe official sidekick
                                • Aug 2005

my wife listens to npr and i give her a hard time by saying it stands for naptime radio
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X