Page 9396 of 9486 FirstFirst ... 8396 8896 9296 9346 9386 9394 9395 9396 9397 9398 9406 9446 ... LastLast
Results 140,926 to 140,940 of 142285
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Ive only ever had one good gyro and that was at a hole in the wall place when we walked from grand station to central park. It was funny because only 1of our group was from poughkeepsie and we had another group of tourists film us playing hack in central park. We heard one of them say "oh so thats what a new yorker does in central park"

Iwont forget that or that gyro
    we have a Greek place 5 min away from my work. I go there to get a greek salad for lunch and come back with a Gyro and fries every time, and when my co worker asks "what happen to the salad" I say "this Gyro self Identifies as a salad"

I think going Greek was a step too far, been sick with flu for a couple of days

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by biglenny View Post
    MMMMMM Gyros
    I had to look up Gyros and then discovered that they are also known as kebabs.
    Shish - the lamb kebab, with garlic sauce is my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I think going Greek was a step too far, been sick with flu for a couple of days
    I hope you're feeling better.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Love me some lamb

Hope you are feeling better
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm getting there Peanut and FL.
    I ate a little lamb for lunch today and might risk a little Port and Lemon a couple of hours before midnight to toast the new year.
    My bro is out in Israel working and they're two hours before us, so I thought I'd celebrate an Israeli new year this time so I can go to bed at 10!

Happy happy New Year!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Happy happy New Year!!!!!
    Happy New Year, 2MW!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Hello there, 2018.... We've been expecting you....

Hi all! Happy New Year!
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

This confuses me.

Googling it, Kebabs are generally skewers in the definition (how I know them)... but then the pictures to the right are all with flatbread, more like a Gyro generally is. lol.

I love me some Gyro. I haven't found a good place to get them around here, but I'm sure one exists. Sometimes I get the fast food version at Arbys. It's not super authentic, to be sure, but it's close enough to scratch the itch for me.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    This confuses me.

Googling it, Kebabs are generally skewers in the definition (how I know them)... but then the pictures to the right are all with flatbread, more like a Gyro generally is. lol.

I love me some Gyro. I haven't found a good place to get them around here, but I'm sure one exists. Sometimes I get the fast food version at Arbys. It's not super authentic, to be sure, but it's close enough to scratch the itch for me.
    You are correct, gyro meat is a is a seasoned mixture (sometimes of differing meats) that you often see layered in a code cooking in a vertical broiler but they can also be on horizontal spits too. The outside is cooked and sliced off in thin strips.

Kebabs a most often whole pieces of meat though they can also be minced, generally grilled on skewers.

I think it really comes down to how they are cooked, though with kebabs you are free to simultaneously cook veggies or fruit along with the meat if you choose - skewers or not. Gyro comes from the Greek "to turn", the Turkish "shish" or sword "kebab" "to fry, roast, char, burn"

In Turkey we had lots of kebabs and would often eat them with flat bread. (drooling....)

Lunch anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    You are correct, gyro meat is a is a seasoned mixture (sometimes of differing meats) that you often see layered in a code cooking in a vertical broiler but they can also be on horizontal spits too. The outside is cooked and sliced off in thin strips.

Kebabs a most often whole pieces of meat though they can also be minced, generally grilled on skewers.

I think it really comes down to how they are cooked, though with kebabs you are free to simultaneously cook veggies or fruit along with the meat if you choose - skewers or not. Gyro comes from the Greek "to turn", the Turkish "shish" or sword "kebab" "to fry, roast, char, burn"

In Turkey we had lots of kebabs and would often eat them with flat bread. (drooling....)

Lunch anyone?
    I got the burn part down.

Turkey? You've been to some interesting places.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Hello there, 2018.... We've been expecting you....

Hi all! Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Happy new year!

Its 643 pm but wife is on night shift so espressos on me
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Lunch anyone?
    You get both types in our Kebab shop - what you describe as the Gyro sounds like the Doner Kebab in that Shop, or "Elephant meat", because it looks like an Elephant leg! That meat is sliced and eaten in a flat bread, same as the Shish and Chicken (chunks) they have there.
    I'll also have skewered kebabs on the barbecue at times.
    I'm hungry!