Page 9415 of 9488 FirstFirst ... 8415 8915 9315 9365 9405 9413 9414 9415 9416 9417 9425 9465 ... LastLast
Results 141,211 to 141,225 of 142310
    Glad to hear it went well. I will keep you in my prayers. I like Armed's idea for Monday.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Can we please have MNF today! Still high on morphine lol at 12.55a.m and it would be the perfect night to be able to stay awake.

Considering the cholesteatoma was larger and surgery lengthier all has gone as well as can be expected. It will be several weeks, months even before we know the full extent of hearing loss. In the meantime I count myself blessed that I can still smile and close both eyes to go to sleep courtesy of the incredible skills of Mr Snow in avoiding facial nerve damage. Grateful to have caught the cholesteatoma just in time before it zapped complete hearing and spread to inner ear!

Yes there are some nasty things to put up with too and as days pass and I come back down to earth I may struggle but the overwhelming emotion right now is relief and gratitude.

Thanks for all your encouragement.
    Thanks for the update. Didn't expect it so soon. Great attitude. You're amazing!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks for the update. Didn't expect it so soon. Great attitude. You're amazing!
    Got some good people on both sides of the pond praying and sending positive vibes. Along with surgeon skills it all helps.
    It's a beautiful sunny day here today and I managed ten minutes out on the patio sitting with Poppy the springer spaniel. She's a great listener!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Got some good people on both sides of the pond praying and sending positive vibes. Along with surgeon skills it all helps.
    It's a beautiful sunny day here today and I managed ten minutes out on the patio sitting with Poppy the springer spaniel. She's a great listener!
    Hang in there kiddo, and say Hi to Poppy.

Good to see you 2MW. My new circumstances give me an excuse to turn up Bon Jovi full blast!
    If I place a radio right behind my head and turn the volume to the max I can just about make out some conversation and listen to a couple of songs. Then I have to switch off as concentration fatigue sets in and the vibrations start hurting my ears. It's comforting to be able to do that now and then and also is a good distraction from the exceptionally loud tinnitus in the operated ear.

Can we please have MNF today! Still high on morphine lol at 12.55a.m and it would be the perfect night to be able to stay awake.

Considering the cholesteatoma was larger and surgery lengthier all has gone as well as can be expected. It will be several weeks, months even before we know the full extent of hearing loss. In the meantime I count myself blessed that I can still smile and close both eyes to go to sleep courtesy of the incredible skills of Mr Snow in avoiding facial nerve damage. Grateful to have caught the cholesteatoma just in time before it zapped complete hearing and spread to inner ear!

Yes there are some nasty things to put up with too and as days pass and I come back down to earth I may struggle but the overwhelming emotion right now is relief and gratitude.

Thanks for all your encouragement.
    Great to read that it went well. Now get well and back to chomping on things!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Okay, Cafe patrons, answer me this;

When reading a quote in a news article or whatever, what does it mean when they say "... blah blah blah [sic] blah blah blah..."? The "[sic]".

I've seen it a lot over the years and I'm sure the answer is pretty simple and is going to make me feel like a doofus, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Thanks, All!

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Okay, Cafe patrons, answer me this;

When reading a quote in a news article or whatever, what does it mean when they say "... blah blah blah [sic] blah blah blah..."? The "[sic]".

I've seen it a lot over the years and I'm sure the answer is pretty simple and is going to make me feel like a doofus, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Thanks, All!
    Got me[sic[ answer!!

Sic is a Latin term meaning “thus.”

"used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [ sic ] life.”.

Aren't Springers the best! So soft and friendly. Mine is named Mollee.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Aren't Springers the best! So soft and friendly. Mine is named Mollee.
    Such sunny personalities, fun and kind.
    How old is Mollee? Our Poppy is 4 and probably thinks she's a sheepdog as she's spent a lot of time with our Border Collies.

Got me[sic[ answer!!

Sic is a Latin term meaning “thus.”

"used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [ sic ] life.”.
    Enrich a sic life huh...doesnt sound very fulfilling
    Glen Haven Fire

I'm experiencing a premature urge to post "Go Broncos"!
    Do we really have to wait another 24 hours + ?

I'm experiencing a premature urge to post "Go Broncos"!
    Do we really have to wait another 24 hours + ?
    Tic tock....... game daaaaaaaay!!!!

Tic tock....... game daaaaaaaay!!!!
    I hope my post-op sleeping pattern continues:
    A couple hours sleep till midnight, 3-4 hours awake and a further 3 hours or so sleep in the dawn hours.

I'll have to be aware of other family members when it comes to setting the volume, but one thing I'll just have to do a few times, crank up the volume and go up close to the TV to hear a few in-com-plete (s).

Whats good Bronco Buddies!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination