Page 9391 of 9505 FirstFirst ... 8391 8891 9291 9341 9381 9389 9390 9391 9392 9393 9401 9441 9491 ... LastLast
Results 140,851 to 140,865 of 142564
    I think Jaws eats up the time. Otherwise, I have no idea where it goes either.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

I usually get a reminder when im past due on a bill.
    Me - "I swear i just paid that bill last week!"

Better half - "that was 7 weeks ago love"
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I usually get a reminder when im past due on a bill.
    Me - "I swear i just paid that bill last week!"

Better half - "that was 7 weeks ago love"
    We're fairly new to being homeowners.

Every month, FTB says 'I need to make the mortgage payment...'

I'm like 'What, again?!'
    Thanks, Reid!

Something breaks in the house and the first thought is "landlord's gonna be upset"

Think about it for a second... "yes i am upset" lol
    Glen Haven Fire

We're still not done fixing all the things that were wrong when we got the place... and it was a relatively short list. We're just so tired. Just got the stove fixed and ice maker... those have been near the top of the to-do list for months.

Though we get random whiffs of natural gas. Makes me nervous.
    Thanks, Reid!

As long as smell dissapates. Not sure what type of heaters/stoves you have. Come summer time when everything can be turned off, disconnect all of the gas fittings and put that white plummers tape on male ends. Will help but some of the old furnaces that use gas tend to have a huge purge of gas when lighting
    Glen Haven Fire

As long as smell dissapates. Not sure what type of heaters/stoves you have. Come summer time when everything can be turned off, disconnect all of the gas fittings and put that white plummers tape on male ends. Will help but some of the old furnaces that use gas tend to have a huge purge of gas when lighting
    FYI, be careful with the white teflon tape (I assume that's what you mean) on a gas l ine. It's thinner and more prone to shredding and can send particles down the line that could cause problems. The yellow teflon is the same stuff just thicker and meant for gas.

In some states, white teflon on gas lines is not legal.
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-19-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Its a sick day for them. Stomach bug. Washed a lot of sheets past few days, poor little ones.

Haha some good ole fashioned tooth wrestling with the grandparents!
    Oh dear, hope they're better soon.
    My eldest granddaughter has been sick with a fever and bad cold too.
    I think last week's busyness with the school concert and going to watch the Peter Pan pantomime has caught up with her.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    FYI, be careful the white teflon tape (I assume that's what you mean) on a gas l ine. It's thinner and more prone to shredding and can send particles down the line that could cause problems. The yellow teflon is the same stuff just thicker and meant for gas.

In some states, white teflon on gas violates code.
    Thank you for that correction! And your absolutely spot on.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I think Jaws eats up the time. Otherwise, I have no idea where it goes either.
    I eat everything I see and it's starting to show - getting thick round the middle and my flippers are sticking out

Should get that for baby Meg, she loves chasing her older Sister!

FYI, be careful with the white teflon tape (I assume that's what you mean) on a gas l ine. It's thinner and more prone to shredding and can send particles down the line that could cause problems. The yellow teflon is the same stuff just thicker and meant for gas.

In some states, white teflon on gas lines is not legal.
    Thank you for that correction! And your absolutely spot on.
    You guys are awesome. I *think* it's coming from the stove, and it's likely remnants of lighting. It's nearly impossible to catch after first getting that whiff... but the utility closet is right around the corner, and I tend to catch the hint right in between. Given the issues we had with the stove when we first moved in though, I lean in that direction.

I appreciate the pointers. I'll be looking more into this, but this was helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I eat everything I see and it's starting to show - getting thick round the middle and my flippers are sticking out
    Come now... you look exactly like the svelt shark I met all those years ago.

Thanks, Reid!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    You guys are awesome. I *think* it's coming from the stove, and it's likely remnants of lighting. It's nearly impossible to catch after first getting that whiff... but the utility closet is right around the corner, and I tend to catch the hint right in between. Given the issues we had with the stove when we first moved in though, I lean in that direction.
    If you haven't already you can pull the stove out and check the fittings with some soapy water (mixed a little thickly). If you find any bubbles you found a leak With the stove out you'll also be in a better position to check if the smell of gas is where the line goes in the wall.

If all else fails, call your gas company. Plumbers often work with gas as well if you choose to go that route.

Thanks again!
    Thanks, Reid!