Page 9418 of 9432 FirstFirst ... 8418 8918 9318 9368 9408 9416 9417 9418 9419 9420 9428 ... LastLast
Results 141,256 to 141,270 of 141467
    Ugh raider food. Must be old packaging as most raider meals i see now a days comes with a complementary bottle of pepto...

Some chicken broth maybe from some crockpotted chicke n?
    Glen Haven Fire

Jawsy, evertime I got sick a neighbor would stick out his index finger, put his other index finger in the crook of his elbow snd say I needed that much bourbon and I would feel better.... it never worked and I dont think that'd help your tum tum.... A bottle of pepto would be better me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Thank you. As of 10 a.m this morning having got hold of the DWP and discovered they have received my form after all on the 26th only it was put aside and nobody looked at it i feel a bit better. Senior case worker for my Member of Parliament has filed an official complaint against them first thing this morning. I've managed to eat a little at lunch but the abdomen is killing me again this evening. I think I pigged out to much on Raider remnants at Wembley yesterday and am paying the price
    You will feel better tomorrow because I did an extra special Jaws get well soon lucky dance.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Jaws.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, hints, prayers and positive vibes.
    I had some good news yesterday financially, looks like the DWP have gotten their act in order and withdrawn their stupid decision.
    Abdominal pains still bother me, but not as bad all of the time - have lost a few extra pounds which is good!
    I'm going to hospital to have the pack removed from my left ear late afternoon.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

I had some good news yesterday financially, looks like the DWP have gotten their act in order and withdrawn their stupid decision.
    Abdominal pains still bother me, but not as bad all of the time - have lost a few extra pounds which is good!
    any good news is good. lol
    Get betters Jawsy!

Wish you well and unexpected good results.

Again thanks.
    Your encouragement keeps me going.

On pack removal and it's implications:

It is good to report a little hearing restored in the operated ear. It is of a distorted quality,with some strange sound effects to it, not dissimilar at times to that rattly sound when shaking a tambourine. Takes some getting used to!
    Background noises are magnified - the sound of handling a packet of crisps, gently squeezing a plastic bottle as you drink, the sound of applause on TV shows, someone turning the pages in a newspaper As for shutting doors etc!!!! Even my mouse quiet Nissan Note engine is audible, compared to the complete silence of the previous three weeks sounded like a souped up sports car when ascending from Wrexham Maelor Hospital to Coed Poeth last night.
    Radio is easier to hear, I don't have to be within one foot and volume turned right up (Gwen my sis in the next door bedroom will be glad of that). I don't have to fuss as much about getting the perfect angle and distance for optimum lip-reading and hearing and there is a little more noise coming out of the TV set which makes lip reading less challenging.
    All in all it is encouraging, although saying that Mr Snow the Surgeon emphasized that hearing will not be restored to pre surgery levels. Although I knew that prior to the Op, I couldn't help but feel deflated in some way as reality hit home.
    Last night I was relieved but exhausted, a bit teary.

Again thanks.

It is good to report a little hearing restored in the operated ear. It is of a distorted quality,with some strange sound effects to it, not dissimilar at times to that rattly sound when shaking a tambourine. Takes some getting used to!
    Background noises are magnified - the sound of handling a packet of crisps, gently squeezing a plastic bottle as you drink, the sound of applause on TV shows, someone turning the pages in a newspaper As for shutting doors etc!!!! Even my mouse quiet Nissan Note engine is audible, compared to the complete silence of the previous three weeks sounded like a souped up sports car when ascending from Wrexham Maelor Hospital to Coed Poeth last night.
    Radio is easier to hear, I don't have to be within one foot and volume turned right up (Gwen my sis in the next door bedroom will be glad of that). I don't have to fuss as much about getting the perfect angle and distance for optimum lip-reading and hearing and there is a little more noise coming out of the TV set which makes lip reading less challenging.
    All in all it is encouraging, although saying that Mr Snow the Surgeon emphasized that hearing will not be restored to pre surgery levels. Although I knew that prior to the Op, I couldn't help but feel deflated in some way as reality hit home.
    Knowing about something and the reality of that something is a hard thing to deal with. There's always the "what ifs". I'm glad you have some hearing and hopefully it'll get better.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Again thanks.

It is good to report a little hearing restored in the operated ear. It is of a distorted quality,with some strange wsound effects to it, not dissimilar at times to that rattly sound when shaking a tambourine. Takes some getting used to!
    The strange sound effects are probably the voices in your head......
    LOL

Glad you are doing better!

:hug: for ya jaws

Whats the worst kind of jelly?
    Traffic jam!

I know i know i thought it was toejam too
    Glen Haven Fire

The voices in my head say I should bite Saddletramp
    I won't get banned for that will i Peanut?

Got some Ice Cream to go with that jelly armedequation? We're celebrating a rare thing - a Broncos W!

Got some Ice Cream to go with that jelly armedequation? We're celebrating a rare thing - a Broncos W!
    Chomp all you want.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Next time you go to ear doc tell him this one

A fella goes to the doctor, and he’s got jelly in one ear and custard in the other, and the doctor says, ‘What’s the matter with you?’ Fella says, ‘You’ll have to speak up doctor, I’m a trifle deaf.’”
    And then we can enjoy an arctic roll
    Glen Haven Fire

ROFL, you guys are great for a laugh.
    I might just do that! Mr Snow has a very dry sense of humour.

Today I'm going to have a go at going to Chapel.
    It will be a weird feeling plonking oneself in the front pew, us six footers don't normally gravitate towards the front, but that's my only hope for hearing something.
    My Mum, my sis if she comes along can sit elsewhere otherwise we'll be like a Berlin wall across the front.
    One good thing I can hear just about enough to pitch in with the hymns (I think!)