• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Some of the folks in gd are driving me to something stronger than beer.....
    You mean something stronger than Budweiser?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

• Saddletramp
      Captain
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
      Yes!!! Something a lot stronger. ������
      Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-02-2019, 09:42 AM.
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• L.M.
        Vitalstatistix
        • Oct 2006

I lived in Russia for some time when I was younger. A buddy of mine used to swear by using cheap vodka for windshield wiper fluid. It was less expensive than normal fluids and guaranteed not to freeze unless really cold and if it did he didn't want to drive anyway. Driving with him I was always afraid of getting pulled over and smelling like a cheap bar and having to explain why.
        Brrrr! Now that's a cold place --as Napoleon and Hitler found out! German troops went in there without winter clothes when temperatures plummeted to -40° F -- guns wouldn't fire, vehicles wouldn't start, grease and other lubricants froze and they had thousands of cases of frostbite. Which was good of course because who wants to live in The Man in the High Castle world?

In which part of Russia did you live? I would imagine the Russian Arctic coast (on the White Sea) and northern Siberia are brutally cold every winter, and if Vodka isn't going to freeze in windchill temps it would have to be...160 proof maybe?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
          team preacher
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
          Brrrr! Now that's a cold place --as Napoleon and Hitler found out! German troops went in there without winter clothes when temperatures plummeted to -40° F -- guns wouldn't fire, vehicles wouldn't start, grease and other lubricants froze and they had thousands of cases of frostbite. Which was good of course because who wants to live in The Man in the High Castle world?

In which part of Russia did you live? I would imagine the Russian Arctic coast (on the White Sea) and northern Siberia are brutally cold every winter, and if Vodka isn't going to freeze in windchill temps it would have to be...160 proof maybe?
          Stalin was no less a human rights criminal than Hitler, but that’s just me. It’s unfortunate both sides didn’t suffer great losses in that instance.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• L.M.
            Vitalstatistix
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Stalin was no less a human rights criminal than Hitler, but that’s just me. It’s unfortunate both sides didn’t suffer great losses in that instance.
            It's not just you or a matter of opinion --the facts prove that Stalin was one of the worst despots in world history; millions of his people suffered and died under his rule. He was only slightly less evil than Hitler in terms of ambition, ideology and policies.

Both sides did indeed suffer tremendous casualties in the 1941 invasion and throughout the war, with the Soviets bearing the greatest totals --26 million civilian and military dead. Contrast that to the USA's total of 400K.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Lumiere
              All-Time Great
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              It's not just you or a matter of opinion --the facts prove that Stalin was one of the worst despots in world history; millions of his people suffered and died under his rule. He was only slightly less evil than Hitler in terms of ambition, ideology and policies.

Both sides did indeed suffer tremendous casualties in the 1941 invasion and throughout the war, with the Soviets bearing the greatest totals --26 million civilian and military dead. Contrast that to the USA's total of 400K.
              Nothing like a good WWII discussion here in the Cafe! One of my all time favorite topics...especially the titanic battles on the Eastern Front between two brutal dictators and equally insane warring ideologies.

I'll always appreciate the tremendous contribution the United States made in the European Theater of WWII, but in terms of net cost in human life and property, it can't really be compared to what the Soviet Union sacrificed. I'm actually of the frame of mind that the primary reason for launching Operation Overlord had more to do with the containment of communism than in defeating Nazi Germany. By 1944, it was obvious that the Red Army had the resources - the unstoppable industrial capacity and overwhelming numerical advantage in manpower to single handedly crush the Third Reich. They would have then "liberated" France and almost certainly blanketed Western Europe under the banner of communism.

To thwart that, our allied armies liberated France and met the Red Army at the gates of Berlin...and as an added bonus crushed Nazi Germany in the vice-like grip between two fronts, helping end the war sooner.

Truly fascinating history...and how it shaped the world.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Saddletramp
                Captain
                • Nov 2005

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                Crown Reserve and DP....is tonight's drink of choice. Rest in peace Sgt. Meddock.
                Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-03-2019, 06:41 AM.
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                  Captain
                  • Nov 2005

I hate strawberries. That's all.
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                    Captain
                    • Nov 2005

Well another super bowl is in the books....
                    It's the start of another week. Great weather to start it off. Ya'll have a great day.
                    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

It's the start of another week. Great weather to start it off. Ya'll have a great day.
                      Right back at ya buddio! (Well everything except the good weather! )

Comment

• Saddletramp
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                        Right back at ya buddio! (Well everything except the good weather! )
                        It wasn't as great as it was supposed to be...
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

It didn't start out great for me, I hit a bobcat on the way to the airport, then had to fly through Atlanta and got delayed with a bunch of Patsies around. But I'm in Ft Walton Beach Fl, overlooking the ocean in gorgeous weather today so it has ended up pretty well. So I am all good. I hope you have a great week to Saddle.:thumb:
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Saddletramp
                            Captain
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            It didn't start out great for me, I hit a bobcat on the way to the airport, then had to fly through Atlanta and got delayed with a bunch of Patsies around. But I'm in Ft Walton Beach Fl, overlooking the ocean in gorgeous weather today so it has ended up pretty well. So I am all good. I hope you have a great week to Saddle.:thumb:
                            Big bobcat? Mountable? Enjoy the warmth. It wasn't as great of weather as it was supposed to be today... Enjoy your week FL.
                            Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-04-2019, 05:15 PM.
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                              Captain
                              • Nov 2005

Up and at 'em folks. It's Tuesday so no Monday excuses. gonna be a beautiful day here in the northeast Texas Panhandle... All ya'll up north enjoy the snow and chillyiness.. Yes I make up words.... Fire season started a couple months early for us this year.. We could use a slow soaker with all the fuel we got layin around.....
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Peerless
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2004

Morning! Tuesday - it's better than Monday. Have a great day folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X