Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Bus and the teams motivation

How do you guys feel about how badly the Steelers want to get him to Detroit. If really makes me nervous. I just remember Denver doing everything they could to get Elway that ring. Will Pittsburg have that same type of motivation tomorrow? If so, that can be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by VADER72
    How do you guys feel about how badly the Steelers want to get him to Detroit. If really makes me nervous. I just remember Denver doing everything they could to get Elway that ring. Will Pittsburg have that same type of motivation tomorrow? If so, that can be scary.

Yeah, they probably will.

I have no doubt that they will give it their all.

They'll probably wear themselves out.

That's why we need to come up with a gameplan that wears them out even quicker.

They might. But the Broncos have a few motivators on their side:

1) The players firmly stand behind Jake Plummer, and grew his hair out et.al in honor of Pat Tillman. Pat Tillman was #40. SB XL. (In interview last night on NFL Network)

2) Rod Smith. He's such a class act, and know he wants that last ring before calling it a career. A definate for the Ring of Fame

3) Prove everyone wrong that Denver can, indeed, win one without John Elway.

4) Mike Shanahan. Best coach, best motivator.

5) Kubiak. Send him off with a bang

6) We win, we'll be the only team since Salary Cap to win 2 SB, re-build and win another in 10 years.

7) Undefeated at home. Denver held that record for a long time. We want that back.

There are many, many more motivating factors. I wouldnt say Pitt wants it any worse than Denver does. Because we are not a loud, media hounding team, and Plummer is the face of Mountain Man Calm, there is not a sense of urgency.

But there is a lot of intensity. You can see it in the eyes of the Broncos players.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by VADER72

im not to worried.... elway was at 3 superbowls before he won his first ( im not sure how many if any superbowls bus has been to)

i think they can pull this one out plus elway had more passion

Lightbulb

F.Y.I. - Bus hasn't even been to a Super Bowl yet- the motivation to get a future hall of famer a super bowl win at his home town- in his last season is more motivation then getting one for a coach or getting a 3rd one for the ageless wonder Rod Smith

but, all that said - motivation only gets us so far...
    [B][COLOR=Yellow]STEELERS: 31[/COLOR][/B]
    broncos: 24

here's to a great game:

''We certainly aren't going to let history dictate our journey,but our journey can make history.'' -Cowher

You forgot a motivation up there BroncofaninIN...

All season long, the Broncos have changed their huddle chant from "1-2-3 win!" to "1-2-3 House!" in honor of Dwayne "The House" Carswell...

While winning for a player who currently is playing is "a motivator" winning one for someone who CAN'T play is even bigger. The team is hungry for a win, FOR the house--and houses are much better than buses!

Lightbulb

don't get me wrong- God bless Carswell to a speedy recovery, but just look at all the things adding up to this being the fairy tale ending to Bussie's career:

super XL (he's definately XL (probably XXXXXL))
    in Detroit- his hometown
    his last chance before retirement
    all future famers deserve at least a chance to play in the dance

one for the thumb!!!!
    one for the bus!!!!

here's to a great game:

''We certainly aren't going to let history dictate our journey,but our journey can make history.'' -Cowher

Quote Originally Posted by psychoWard
    don't get me wrong- God bless Carswell to a speedy recovery, but just look at all the things adding up to this being the fairy tale ending to Bussie's career:

super XL (he's definately XL (probably XXXXXL))
    in Detroit- his hometown
    his last chance before retirement
    all future famers deserve at least a chance to play in the dance

one for the thumb!!!!
    one for the bus!!!!
    Yeh and the Colts thought that they could make it too, because they had home field & Peyton "wanted it soooo bad" and they were going to be inside all the way through the bowl...

The Pats wanted it too...They wanted to secure their dynasty by doing something nobody has ever done and win back to back to back...We ruined that for them.

The Skins wanted it too -- how great would it be to have Alex Gibbs coaching in a sb again? nuh uh, not happening.

Da bears...well..*snickers* uhm yeh...I almost forgot they were in the playoffs, same with the giants. hehe.

Regardless, everyone "wants" to be able to play on a SB team -- and there are people that are ready for retirement on every team in the league...Plus, Jerome hasn't said anything about whether or not he's done after this season. If he loses and feels the team still has a chance next year, then he's going to be back. Let's just hope that's the case.

I'm going to be blasted for this one, but in normal situations, I like the Steelers & Jerome Bettis. I think he does deserve a ring...but not this year, not in our house...

Lightbulb

as i already said...
    motivation only gets us so far...

here's to a great game:

Every player in the league dreams about the chance to play and win the Superbowl. Bettis doesn't want to get their anymore than anyone else in the league. It makes for a nice media story, but that's it.
    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel
    You forgot a motivation up there BroncofaninIN...

All season long, the Broncos have changed their huddle chant from "1-2-3 win!" to "1-2-3 House!" in honor of Dwayne "The House" Carswell...

While winning for a player who currently is playing is "a motivator" winning one for someone who CAN'T play is even bigger. The team is hungry for a win, FOR the house--and houses are much better than buses!
    Very true, Blue!
    I hope your sinus infection is better and your voice is primed for tomorrow! Be ready to scream and get loud!!

Girl Power!
    GO BRONCOS!!!

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Ya I agree the Steelers will try real hard, but the bus will end up fumbling on the 1 yard line and Ben won't tackle who ever is running it back.

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN
    Very true, Blue!
    I hope your sinus infection is better and your voice is primed for tomorrow! Be ready to scream and get loud!!

Girl Power!
    GO BRONCOS!!!
    I'll be screaming and loud...but unfortunatly the cold is still lingering (although some people think that's a good omen -- Whenever I'm sick, the Broncos don't lose! LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel
    I'll be screaming and loud...but unfortunatly the cold is still lingering (although some people think that's a good omen -- Whenever I'm sick, the Broncos don't lose! LOL)
    I also have a nasty cold...so that's got to be a good thing, right?!

I'm ready for this game to start, already!

-Sean Payton

Cool

Blubber Bus ain't goin' nowhere but down.
    Despite all the so-called fans who are selling
    their tickets to squeeler fans, despite ALL odds,
    our beloved Broncos will win it ALL in Motor City.

ORANGE & BLUE FOREVER !!