What changes do we make?

I think we have a few adjustments that need to be made for us to make another run next year. I like to see Mike Hermingdinger (spelling) come be our OC. Love Kubs, but this is a welcome change. Kubiak has gotten pretty conservative I feel the last few years. I remember in the later Elway years we would be tossing the ball over the yard and run, but of course we had better receivers.
    Rod is still amazing, but he needs help. he is only going to play maybe for another year or two so we need to get a quality star receiver. Ashley is not the anwser. He would be a prefect 3rd WR. he only caught 42 cathes and one TD. The guy doesnt go all out. Thats not good for our #2 receiver. I expect atleast in the 70's. I think Denver should not go after TO, but see if they can sign Reggie Wayne or another good WR in free agency and bump lelie down to the #3 spot. Maybe when Rod retires, Ashley will be ready to take over the #2 spot.

I think we have a good QB and Plummer will be just fine. This was a good lesson for him and will help his confidence going forward. Our RB's, I think we have a 3 good solid guys and don't think we need to make any changes and keep these horses around. Our OL concerns me. Is Foster the answer. I think he is decent, but can he protect that side. Nalen, concerns me largely. He is the best, but is getting old. Will he come back for 1 more year? I hope so. I think we should look at getting some O-lineman in the later rounds of the draft. Our TE's, I like Jeb and maybe Duke will be the future. He's raw, but hopfully he has the drive. Be nice to have a force at the position like Sharpe provided. We really don't have that threat right now even though Jeb is good. Alexander is a waste of a roster spot, not really impressed with him.

Now the Defense. I say keep Coyer, he has a good game plan even though it didnt show yesterday. I think our safeties are very good and I personaly like Lynch. He is a good veteran. Maybe not the best right now due to his age, but still a great leader back there. I'll take Ferguson anyday over Kennedy who always go burned. Bailey, what can I say, the guy is awesome. Foxy got burned badly yesterday, but thats not all his fault. he will be even better from yesterday. D. Will will just get better as well. I think we are in pretty good shape in the CB area. Our Linebackers are very good and don't need any changes. Our DL was better, but we still need major help. I think we got some great pickups from Cleveland. Warren was great this year and a good stuffer in the middle and he hustled. I like Ebeneser and Myers. We need a better pass rusher on the opposite side of Pryce. We didnt have enought impact guys on the DL. We got better than last year, but C. Brown is not the answer. I say let him go and try to get someone else in that spot.

Special teams, Elam is getting older. If he comes back which i'm sure he will, we should be ok. Todd I thought was a great pickup for us. He helped on Kick offs and punting, I don't think we could ask for more. We need to find a punt and kick off returner badly. We need a constant threat back there. Not sure the answers on this one except maybe D Will.

So in short, I think we have a good solid team, but just need to make a few changes. Bump Aslhey to the third receiver and go after a top Free agent receiver like Wayne. Maybe use those 2 first round draft picks as an advantage and move up in the draft to get a good starting DE. They are both lower first rounds, but I bet a team that wasnt so great this year would rather have that an get 2 picks. We dont need the Redskins pick except for trade bait. Make a deal Shanny and lets get a top ten player. and can Courtney Browm. He's still mediocre. Look in the Mid draft for some solid Offensive Lineman. Maybe look at that second rounder to fill this spot. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to write what adjustments I think we need to make. I don't think we need to make to many to get back to where we want to be. I think we will be ok, just need to make a few adjustments. What adjustments do you guys think we need to make?
    Last edited by VADER72; 01-23-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Changes

Quote Originally Posted by VADER72
    I think we have a few adjustments that need to be made for us to make another run next year. I like to see Mike Hermingdinger (spelling) come be our OC. Love Kubs, but this is a welcome change. Kubiak has gotten pretty conservative I feel the last few years. I remember in the later Elway years we would be tossing the ball over the yard and run, but of course we had better receivers.
    Rod is still amazing, but he needs help. he is only going to play maybe for another year or two so we need to get a quality star receiver. Ashley is not the anwser. He would be a prefect 3rd WR. he only caught 42 cathes and one TD. The guy doesnt go all out. Thats not good for our #2 receiver. I expect atleast in the 70's. I think Denver should not go after TO, but see if they can sign Reggie Wayne or another good WR in free agency and bump lelie down to the #3 spot. Maybe when Rod retires, Ashley will be ready to take over the #2 spot.

I think we have a good QB and Plummer will be just fine. This was a good lesson for him and will help his confidence going forward. Our RB's, I think we have a 3 good solid guys and don't think we need to make any changes and keep these horses around. Our OL concerns me. Is Foster the answer. I think he is decent, but can he protect that side. Nalen, concerns me largely. He is the best, but is getting old. Will he come back for 1 more year? I hope so. I think we should look at getting some O-lineman in the later rounds of the draft. Our TE's, I like Jeb and maybe Duke will be the future. He's raw, but hopfully he has the drive. Be nice to have a force at the position like Sharpe provided. We really don't have that threat right now even though Jeb is good. Alexander is a waste of a roster spot, not really impressed with him.

Now the Defense. I say keep Coyer, he has a good game plan even though it didnt show yesterday. I think our safeties are very good and I personaly like Lynch. He is a good veteran. Maybe not the best right now due to his age, but still a great leader back there. I'll take Ferguson anyday over Kennedy who always go burned. Bailey, what can I say, the guy is awesome. Foxy got burned badly yesterday, but thats not all his fault. he will be even better from yesterday. D. Will will just get better as well. I think we are in pretty good shape in the CB area. Our Linebackers are very good and don't need any changes. Our DL was better, but we still need major help. I think we got some great pickups from Cleveland. Warren was great this year and a good stuffer in the middle and he hustled. I like Ebeneser and Myers. We need a better pass rusher on the opposite side of Pryce. We didnt have enought impact guys on the DL. We got better than last year, but C. Brown is not the answer. I say let him go and try to get someone else in that spot.

Special teams, Elam is getting older. If he comes back which i'm sure he will, we should be ok. Todd I thought was a great pickup for us. He helped on Kick offs and punting, I don't think we could ask for more. We need to find a punt and kick off returner badly. We need a constant threat back there. Not sure the answers on this one except maybe D Will.

So in short, I think we have a good solid team, but just need to make a few changes. Bump Aslhey to the third receiver and go after a top Free agent receiver like Wayne. Maybe use those 2 first round draft picks as an advantage and move up in the draft to get a good starting DE. They are both lower first rounds, but I bet a team that wasnt so great this year would rather have that an get 2 picks. We dont need the Redskins pick except for trade bait. Make a deal Shanny and lets get a top ten player. and can Courtney Browm. He's still mediocre. Look in the Mid draft for some solid Offensive Lineman. Maybe look at that second rounder to fill this spot. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to write what adjustments I think we need to make. I don't think we need to make to many to get back to where we want to be. I think we will be ok, just need to make a few adjustments. What adjustments do you guys think we need to make?
    Heimerdinger was retained by the Jets.

Larry Coyer has to be fired. He has shown over the last three years he has no answer for what is and has been our biggest weakness, our Pass Defense.

The oldest cliche in the NFL is that games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage....in our case, we are about to have a big turnover on both due to the fact that we have salary cap issues and players making a ton of money that frankly are not living up to their salaries.

Matt Lepsis was horrible yueasterday and can't leave Denver soon enough, IMO.

Right now, storm clouds loom over the 2006 season, because we may need to make wholesale changes on both the O- and D-lines and since we are currently approx 27.5 mil over the cap, we have some major renovating to be done.

Mike Shanahan the GM is going to have to do some of his best work in the offseason for us not to take a step back in 2006.

Is it Coyer, or do we just not have enough of the right players on defense? And we did almost a total makeover of the D line this year. Don't think we can afford to do that again. I, for one, have really never been impressed with Coyer's defensive schemes, unless he felt that we needed to play that way because of the players we had. Obviously, I do not know the answer.

Why get rid of Coyer when the season, we wer etotally up on turnovers....

I think we need new Safteys and John Lynch's project is over.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

I think John Lynch had, for the most part, an exceptional year. No player is going to have a perfect season, and I don't think you give up that veteran leadership.

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    Why get rid of Coyer when the season, we wer etotally up on turnovers....

I think we need new Safteys and John Lynch's project is over.
    We lost the Steeler game because we could not get the Steelers off the field on third down.

The game was already well in hand for the Steelers when the turnovers started to come, which was because at that time, they knew we had to pass. The running game for us had become non-existant.

We lost for the same reason we have lost the last three playoff games....our (lack of a) Pass Defense, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native
    I think John Lynch had, for the most part, an exceptional year. No player is going to have a perfect season, and I don't think you give up that veteran leadership.
    I want to rephrase what I said earlier, we need to upgrade the age of our secocndnary...it's getting a bit old.

Maybe we can find a Saftey that can hit and have speed...ala....Sean Taylor.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

My thoughts on..

Our needs on defense after the game:

CB (They took Champ out of the game by simply not throwing to his side. Coyer did not move Champ all around the field as he has done in previous games. Champ was on Ward and no one else, meanwhile Wilson was burning Foxworth all day. We need a better 2nd CB)

DE/DT (C. Brown and Pryce are very high priced and might be gone. Warren may come back but he is a FA and he may also be gone. That leaves us with Ekuban, Myers, Pope and Veal. We will obviously have to add some D-lineman this offseason.)

S (Lynch had a great season but it will be hard for him to have this type of season again next year. Ferguson also had a great season, and should be a solid starter next year.)

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    I want to rephrase what I said earlier, we need to upgrade the age of our secocndnary...it's getting a bit old.

Maybe we can find a Saftey that can hit and have speed...ala....Sean Taylor.

Sean Taylor might be in prison next season.

Changes?

First, get rid of Jake.....he will never cut it.
    Second, get rid of Champ, the most over-rated back in the league.
    Third, get rid of Foxworth.....how many passes were completed against him yesterday? I don't think he stopped any.

What!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirty year fan
    First, get rid of Jake.....he will never cut it.
    Second, get rid of Champ, the most over-rated back in the league.
    Third, get rid of Foxworth.....how many passes were completed against him yesterday? I don't think he stopped any.

i dont beleive your a 30yr fan after those comments. how can u get rid of any of those guys. Especially Champ and Jake, they basically got us to were we are this year. Fox, is only a rookie, he's gonna make mistakes. But he's has played very well for his standards.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.