Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    K guys I know you think it sounds better if we "just trade Pryce for TO" problem is... anyone trades at all for TO and they take on his outrageous contract, that is why no one will trade for him, he will be cut and then signed to a a new contract.

I'm all for TO but not at the loss of DJ. Hell no--DJ is the man and he needs to stay and be a long time fixture for our defense.

Like I said these are just some of the rumors around. But obviously with T.O. visiting Denver it shows all rumors have some fact, or can be true.
    ...Master Protagonist...

I posted that Denver was rumored to be trading for T.O. Denver Post confirms Denver is interested in a trade. Denver T.O. Talks and Trade Denver Post

So maybe this is more then a rumor after all...
    ...Master Protagonist...

Williams a step closer to barder?

While I have stated that D.J. Williams whom is one of the most beloved members of the Denver Bronco linebacker corps. might be traded according to rumors, there actually might be some truth in it after all. While Williams in his second year gets a little space by management and coaches the young outside linebacker is set to go to court on two counts of driving under the influence. The question is will this effect his spot here in Denver. Though management has said nothing nor has the front office, Shanahan is known for having a tough hand in dealing with such issues and players involved in such acts.

Broncos are rumored to be eyeing a top linebacker in the 2006 NFL Draft? Broncos are rumored to be interested in three of the top fifteen outside linebackers in this years draft. The group includes: Kai Parham from Virginia, Thomas Howard from UTEP and Clint Ingram from Oklahoma, all three of them are respected and are considered three of the top ten in this years draft. Though Denver is set at their starters could this mean trouble for Williams? Or maybe they are looking for talented depth, either way anyone of these three young prospects are good football players which could excel and help any team.
    ...Master Protagonist...

Denver could easily add depth to the LB position later in the draft ... so this is kinda intresting i like williams ... wha tis williams value?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy
    Denver could easily add depth to the LB position later in the draft ... so this is kinda intresting i like williams ... wha tis williams value?
    I think that would depend on the team he would go to, if it is a team willing to take a risk with the DUIs' and say phewy then obviously it is higher then if it is a team as strict as the Broncos are, in which like a T.O. contract it will be laced with guidelines and stipulations. None of this is past rumors, but there was a rumor out of Miami that they were interested in a trade for Williams the Runningback, and we know the Eagles want a trade if possible for Owens... Kind of makes you think if he could be dealt with a pick to either team to get those players in Denver.
    I believe Williams is still worth a 3rd round pick myself, but I am not Sundquist either, look what they thought Clarett was worth?
    ...Master Protagonist...

the point in trading for TO would be to not get into a bidding war against another team for him if someone really wants him. and he is going to be more than willing to negotiate a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    While I have stated that D.J. Williams whom is one of the most beloved members of the Denver Bronco linebacker corps. might be traded according to rumors, there actually might be some truth in it after all. While Williams in his second year gets a little space by management and coaches the young outside linebacker is set to go to court on two counts of driving under the influence. The question is will this effect his spot here in Denver. Though management has said nothing nor has the front office, Shanahan is known for having a tough hand in dealing with such issues and players involved in such acts.

Broncos are rumored to be eyeing a top linebacker in the 2006 NFL Draft? Broncos are rumored to be interested in three of the top fifteen outside linebackers in this years draft. The group includes: Kai Parham from Virginia, Thomas Howard from UTEP and Clint Ingram from Oklahoma, all three of them are respected and are considered three of the top ten in this years draft. Though Denver is set at their starters could this mean trouble for Williams? Or maybe they are looking for talented depth, either way anyone of these three young prospects are good football players which could excel and help any team.
    Thomas Howard is a stud. I can see the Broncos taking him to be the successor of Ian Gold. Howard has incredible speed......Tatum Bell type speed if you will, he is amazing....if he was on Miami or FSU he would be a top 5 pick.

lol, If you haven't heard any good rumors lately, then start one!!!

Here's a rumor:

The Broncos are looking at bringing in Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, and TO. All want to sign at the leage minimum for the privilege of playing for the Broncos. Also interested is Tomlinson, he said he's tired of the warm sun in San Diego, he wants to play and live somewhere with all 4 seasons. Antonio Gates is wanting to follow him.

Hey, I heard about a these from reputable sources

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict
    lol, If you haven't heard any good rumors lately, then start one!!!

Here's a rumor:

The Broncos are looking at bringing in Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, and TO. All want to sign at the leage minimum for the privilege of playing for the Broncos. Also interested is Tomlinson, he said he's tired of the warm sun in San Diego, he wants to play and live somewhere with all 4 seasons. Antonio Gates is wanting to follow him.

Hey, I heard about a these from reputable sources
    Well hopefully someone sticks to their day job...
    ...Master Protagonist...

I'd be fine with trading DJ and Trevor for TO, but we'd better get some higher compensation...at least a first day pick.

Philly needs a LB so I can see that part, and Denver would just be moving Trevor's contract.

The reason I wouldn't mind trading DJ is that if we can find a player in the draft, or FA, who is more ideally suited to SLB, then it's better for the team.

Looks as if you have been having some fun, Cane.

Now, if we can just get this moved to the Rumor Mill . . .

EDIT: On the other hand, the stuff in this thread makes more sense than some of the other stuff in this forum today . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    I'd be fine with trading DJ and Trevor for TO, but we'd better get some higher compensation...at least a first day pick.

Philly needs a LB so I can see that part, and Denver would just be moving Trevor's contract.

The reason I wouldn't mind trading DJ is that if we can find a player in the draft, or FA, who is more ideally suited to SLB, then it's better for the team.
    I would have to agree, he is more adept at the WLB position and Gold locked that up in a large lengthy contract, I also think it is possible not because of rumors but because of the DUI situation and Denver usually does not put up with that kind of athlete problematic issue. I think Pryce is too much like the other linemen we have and his earnings are way beyond what he is worth, to us at least. So I could see a trade like that, but what else would be a part of the trade, while D.J. is obviously worth a 3rd to 4th round pick, maybe a 2nd, Pryce though loosing a step is nearly equal maybe a little less in value, so would Denver trade both and a pick and get T.O. and another pick? (Pryce, Williams and a 4th Round Pick for T.O. and their 3rd Round Pick?) Anything is possible at this point...

Looks as if you have been having some fun, Cane.
    You know me!

I would move this to rumor mill but I think the rumors have slightly taken over general discussion! Hahaha...
    Last edited by lancane; 02-02-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    ...Master Protagonist...

No Way

Trading Pryce would be OK, not for TO. Trading DJ would be a sin. Trading both for TO would be criminal, unless we were getting a 1st and 4th along with it. Who do we look like, the Redskins.