X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homestar
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2005

His arm was extended guys... you can not extend your arm while its on the other player, if it was bent then obviously it wasn't a puch off, but it was extended. Please get your facts straight before saying it wasn't a right call. It does happen all the time, but not always 2 feet in front of the ref....

Comment

• ErnieNovember
      Practice Squad
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by homestar
      Um they have called a few off pass interference on Pitt to, holding... they are calling everything on both sides. And that was a push off on Jackson by the way...
      Jackson didn;t push off, his arm was fully extended when the Steeler made contact, he simply pulled his arm away to go for the ball and the Steeler just stood in place.

Comment

• Archimedes Owl
        Captain
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by super_boltz
        say what you want but watching the steelers offense is like watching a low rent version of the chargers offense actually the 2 teams are realllly similar. The Chargers better on offense the steelers slightly better on d. But either team could beat each other on any day.
        Both the Steelers and Chargers are damn good at run defense, but the Steelers are substantially better at pass defense.

They allow the fifth lowest yards per attempt while the Chargers are ranked 21st in that category.

The Steelers running game is substantially worse than the Chargers, but their passing game is more efficient than the Chargers'. They lead the league in yards per attempt and yards per completion after all.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• tnedator
          All-Pro
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by dstjohn
          Is it not obvious the nfl wants pitt to win this SB?
          albeit game isnt over yet, but i have seen 3 commercials now wit the nfl
          promoting pitt, or maybe im just blind
          Having not read the rest of this thread, I am sure it is just a timing issue.

First, as to the commercials with Pitt players. Those were in the first half, and the Seattle players in the second half.

Second, if you think that the refs are actually colluding to help Pitt win the game, well then you have much greater problems in life than worrying about whether or not the refs are colluding to help Pitt win the game!!!!!
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• dstjohn
            Practice Squad
            • Feb 2006

Second, if you think that the refs are actually colluding to help Pitt win the game, well then you have much greater problems in life than worrying about whether or not the refs are colluding to help Pitt win the game!!!!!
            Timing, second half they showed some promos for the seadogs.
            And no i dont think the refs are colluding, its a nfl conspiracy i tell you! the colt darlings
            got nailed by pitt and now the nfl jumped on there bandwagon, its a great marketable story.
            I am football, I am fan, bronco fan i am.

throwback sig by snk16

My Game Day at the studio

Comment

• tnedator
              All-Pro
              • Oct 2004

Timing, second half they showed some promos for the seadogs.
              And no i dont think the refs are colluding, its a nfl conspiracy i tell you! the colt darlings
              got nailed by pitt and now the nfl jumped on there bandwagon, its a great marketable story.
              As I said, if you really think that there is collusion or some type of conspiracy, then worrying about football is the least of your problems. I know a good Psych hospital if you need a recomendation!!!
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Archimedes Owl
                Captain
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tnedator
                As I said, if you really think that there is collusion or some type of conspiracy, then worrying about football is the least of your problems. I know a good Psych hospital if you need a recomendation!!!
                That'd be useful. I know some guys from Seattle.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• lancane
                  Step Up or Shut Up!
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by super_boltz
                  say what you want but watching the steelers offense is like watching a low rent version of the chargers offense actually the 2 teams are realllly similar. The Chargers better on offense the steelers slightly better on d. But either team could beat each other on any day.
                  Tell Brees our Defense says hello....

Comment

• dstjohn
                    Practice Squad
                    • Feb 2006

I know a good Psych hospital if you need a recomendation!!!
                    Gees dude slow down a bit will ya, your making my head split

Bottom line is this, the steelers win is tainted because of bad officiating.

Mods merge this thread with bad ref thread please.

throwback sig by snk16

Comment

• tnedator
                      All-Pro
                      • Oct 2004

Gees dude slow down a bit will ya, your making my head split

Bottom line is this, the steelers win is tainted because of bad officiating.

Mods merge this thread with bad ref thread please.
                      So, if we beat Pitt and won the SB, I guess you would say that our win was tainted becuase of bad officiating in the NE game?

It happens. You hope it evens out, but give them thir due. They kicked Indy's butt and they kicked our Butt, then they went and kicked Seattle's butt. The only thing that is tainted right now is Bronco Pride, Indy Pride, and Seattle Pride.

sigpic

Comment

• PurdueBronc
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Dec 2005

It seemed as though the refs were only calling holding on the hawks. I know I saw at least three plays where holding should have been called against pitt, unless having your arm wrapped around the players shoulder is not a hold. oh wel, it's a moot point.

Comment

• dstjohn
                          Practice Squad
                          • Feb 2006

So, if we beat Pitt and won the SB, I guess you would say that our win was tainted becuase of bad officiating in the NE game?
                          You bet, fair is fair, id be ashamed if the broncs won a SB because of some dumb ass ref mistake ridden calls.
                          Shoot any dummy could tell you the refs goofed up our game with NE, but hey im just a football fan,
                          what do i know

throwback sig by snk16

Comment

• tnedator
                            All-Pro
                            • Oct 2004

You bet, fair is fair, id be ashamed if the broncs won a SB because of some dumb ass ref mistake ridden calls.
                            Shoot any dummy could tell you the refs goofed up our game with NE, but hey im just a football fan,
                            what do i know
                            Well, I can tell you what. If we had won the Super Bowl, you would be the ONLY Bronco fan on this board saying our win was tainted because of bad reffing. Everybody would be on here justifying it.

sigpic

Comment

• dogfish
                              • Jan 2006

relax with the conspiracy theories, bill cowher was not on the grassy knoll. . . . if any one of the thousands of people who read this board has ever witnessed a football game where the refs did not blow some calls (hell, ANY sporting event!), please speak up now!

as for the pass interference, YES it absolutely was a ticky-tack call. . . however, every game i watch, i see completely phantom calls made against defensive backs on holding/illegal contact, so it is only fair that the offensive players be regulated as strictly as the defensive players, which is rarely the case-- the receiver already has every advantage over the corner, and does not need another. the rules should work both ways, and if they are going to penalize the defender for the slightest contact, then it should be the same for the receiver. jackson pushed off on several other plays, it's obvious he likes to do it-- as do most good receivers, we all know the old adage "if you're not cheating, you're not trying, and it's only cheating if you get caught." tough call to have go against you, but those are the breaks! it was close, but imho it was the right call-- even if it wasn't, a blown call or two hardly proves a conspiracy to fix the game. . . i don't think there was enough visual evidence to overturn the roethlisberger touchdown. . . . and i agree completely with the poster who said the league would love to have indy win, they haven't changed any rules at pittsburgh's request. . . .
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• dstjohn
                                Practice Squad
                                • Feb 2006

Nailed It

you would be the ONLY Bronco fan on this board saying our win was tainted because of bad reffing
                                Your probably right, I'm a bronco fan at heart, my first game came in 84 against my childhood faves, the steelers, a playoff game where elway got hurt and lost at home, that game turned the tide for me and been a bronco fan since.

Since then i had to grow up with my best friend being a damned raider fan, a few knock down drag out drunk punch fights and we still hang out. With that said I'm new to these boards (as in just signed up, 2 year lurker), a damned raider fan taught me football isn't just about your fave team, its about the love for the sport, its about the X's and 0's, its about teamwork, and for fairness.
                                So when i see a game that was decided before it even started, after a while you begin to wonder
                                if the NFL and refs really do things behind closed doors, remember the Clarence Kay call with the giants in SB XXI, that's when my suspicion started, call me paranoid and delusional, but it is what it is.

I'm a football fan first, bronco fan second, and that's what separates.

Now lets get on with 2006, bring in Terrel Owens(1YR DEAL), Ricky Williams or whoever gives us the best chance to get to that next level.

GO BRONCOS!!
                                CONGRATS PITT!
                                Last edited by dstjohn; 02-06-2006, 11:39 AM.

throwback sig by snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X