Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

The worst Superbowl Half Time Show

I was woundering what you all thought. What was the worst Halftime show of the Superbowl. I personnally think that this one Superbowl 40 was the worst. Is Janet worse than a bunch of over the Hill Crack heads? I say no The Generation watching this game doesn't even care about these low life Rolling STONERS what am I suppose to say to my kids, when they ask why is his face sunken in "oh son that is because he likes crack," don't worry he is a good example.
    Last edited by nickmeyer; 02-05-2006 at 06:20 PM.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

I don't recall most of the half-time shows, but I do know that I'd prefer some football talk to any show that they would put on the television.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Janet Jackson SB 38. No contest

Quote Originally Posted by 4team
    Janet Jackson SB 38. No contest
    That publicity stunt was retarded. It helped her get back to popularity, but luckily for the world, it didn't last too long.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

I agree I usaully don't watch it I was just thinking. It's really too bad Freddy Mercury is gone. Queen would have worth watching. Maybe Pink Floyd in Miami next year?

Quote Originally Posted by 4team
    I agree I usaully don't watch it I was just thinking. It's really too bad Freddy Mercury is gone. Queen would have worth watching. Maybe Pink Floyd in Miami next year?
    Queen toured last year with Paul Rodgers (ex-Free & Bad Company) as the front man. Act was..........rockier than it used to be, but they were still fantastic and included a few of Paul Rodgers' hits as well.

Macca was great last year, but the Stones were poor tonight.
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

the stones are a great band and all, but man they put on a lousy show

Quote Originally Posted by AZforBroncos
    the stones are a great band and all, but man they put on a lousy show
    Exactly, I'm glad that's over.

lets see...

Detroit = Motown

Lets bring in the Rolling Stones....yeah that makes sense.

The only thing lower than that performance was the dangling of Mick's underarm flab.

i gotta say I saw janet's titty n i liked it! ha actually i saw that on a t-shirt in oakland. But I mean don't hate on these guys... I mean what is mick jagger 60 sumthin right? still giving that kinda energy and effort that most men wouldnt or couldnt.
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz
    i gotta say I saw janet's titty n i liked it! ha actually i saw that on a t-shirt in oakland. But I mean don't hate on these guys... I mean what is mick jagger 60 sumthin right? still giving that kinda energy and effort that most men wouldnt or couldnt.

this is true....about Mick that is....

quite simply, i thought they were wretched!! what better opportunity for the host city to show off a cultural phenomenon so big that the city still goes by the nickname motown? if the superbowl is supposed to be a chance for the host city to present itself on the world stage (much like the olympics), why not let them represent with some home cookin'? the meteoric rise of motown was the biggest cultural event in the history of detroit-- and it's still damn good music!! i listen to newer stuff like hip-hop and techno, but i still love motown, and would have vastly preferred some good soul music to the stones "i'm only doing this because i ran outta drug money" reunion show! it's not like motown wouldn't be popular with the same target age group as the stones, motown's classic early years in the mid-sixties through the early seventies was basically the same as the stones heyday. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dusty6
    The only thing lower than that performance was the dangling of Mick's underarm flab.
    LOL,thats all I noticed also,he reminded me of my 84 year old father...

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    lets see...

Detroit = Motown

Lets bring in the Rolling Stones....yeah that makes sense.

thats what my hubby said...bring on the mo town group...Smokey Robinson anyone?

Stones were okay....they and the NFL have had a deal in place even before the season started.

The Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake show was classless....

but I guess not everyone will always be pleased...