• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gobroncsnv
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBen#7
    I thought they were good. First live performance ever in the SB.
    Maybe next year they use live refs

Comment

• RBDynasty
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2004

I'd rather watch a bunch of over the hill rockers than see that teeny bop crap stuff they'd been playing for the last several years leading up to that Michael Jackson .. er Janet Jackson nipple shot.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

• RBDynasty
        Special Teams
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by 4team
        Janet Jackson SB 38. No contest
        That publicity stunt was retarded. It helped her get back to popularity, but luckily for the world, it didn't last too long.
        The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

• DBFan4Ever
          Practice Squad
          • Oct 2004

The Greastest Rock n Roll Band- I don't think so

Time for the Rolling Stones to retire.

I like some of their songs but to say they are greatest is up for debate.

Way to go Steelers!! Way to go!!

Comment

• KCLadyFan
            Still a Tony fan
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            lets see...

Detroit = Motown

Lets bring in the Rolling Stones....yeah that makes sense.

thats what my hubby said...bring on the mo town group...Smokey Robinson anyone?

Stones were okay....they and the NFL have had a deal in place even before the season started.

The Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake show was classless....

but I guess not everyone will always be pleased...
            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• KCLadyFan
              Still a Tony fan
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by super_boltz
              i gotta say I saw janet's titty n i liked it! ha actually i saw that on a t-shirt in oakland. But I mean don't hate on these guys... I mean what is mick jagger 60 sumthin right? still giving that kinda energy and effort that most men wouldnt or couldnt.

this is true....about Mick that is....
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• HORSEPOWER 56
                Offensively Defensive...
                • Oct 2004

The halftime show was a real stinker - like it is almost every year. McCartney wasn't much better last year and I HATE the Aerosmith/Backstreet Boys/Janet Jackson/Blues Brothers/Santana/Destiny's Child (you get the idea) compilations. I really don't care too much because I rarely watch it (I actually missed Janet's boob, unfortunately) but I'll tell you what really pisses me the F**K off... the rejects that they get to sing my national anthem!

What in the hell was that crap? That was probably the worst "rendition" of the national anthem that I've ever heard. Even Roseanne Barr's was better because she was screwing around and is not a "professional singer". If there's one thing that I long for, it's just to have the Star Spangled Banner sung as it's written! It's such a great song, it really doesn't need to be Jazzed or Souled up or have someone who is obviously beyond their prime destroy it trying to make it a gospel song. I actually felt the people singing it (Neville and Franklin) really disrespected the anthem by doing such a poor job...I was embarrassed.

Comment

• dogfish
                  • Jan 2006

quite simply, i thought they were wretched!! what better opportunity for the host city to show off a cultural phenomenon so big that the city still goes by the nickname motown? if the superbowl is supposed to be a chance for the host city to present itself on the world stage (much like the olympics), why not let them represent with some home cookin'? the meteoric rise of motown was the biggest cultural event in the history of detroit-- and it's still damn good music!! i listen to newer stuff like hip-hop and techno, but i still love motown, and would have vastly preferred some good soul music to the stones "i'm only doing this because i ran outta drug money" reunion show! it's not like motown wouldn't be popular with the same target age group as the stones, motown's classic early years in the mid-sixties through the early seventies was basically the same as the stones heyday. . . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• Spiderman
                    Banned User
                    • Jan 2006

I Love the "Old" Stones

No, not the asinine lefty decrepit Stones, as they
                    pathetically are now.

No -- the Stones as they used to be -- great, mostly unpolitical, rockers.

The show sucked,
                    and the NFL was very misguided and silly to put them on --
                    both because they are really performing has-beens,
                    and their recent childish, attention-seeking
                    "politics" that blatantly insults many Americans,
                    especially those serving so we can freely toss out our thoughts on these very boards.

The best show, I believe, in recent memory, was U2
                    in the SuperDome soon after 911.
                    Very intense, beautiful, and moving.

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                      Banned User
                      • Mar 2005

The Stones should have taken a page out of Elway's playbook and The Bus's playbook and went out on top. Now they are just old.

Can I get a burger for the band? What, are they all like 90#'s or what?

Comment

• dogfish
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                        The Stones should have taken a page out of Elway's playbook and The Bus's playbook and went out on top. Now they are just old.

Can I get a burger for the band? What, are they all like 90#'s or what?
                        no, they just look like they are. . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• THE MAD BRONCO
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                          I was woundering what you all thought. What was the worst Halftime show of the Superbowl. I personnally think that this one Superbowl 40 was the worst. Is Janet worse than a bunch of over the Hill Crack heads? I say no The Generation watching this game doesn't even care about these low life Rolling STONERS what am I suppose to say to my kids, when they ask why is his face sunken in "oh son that is because he likes crack," don't worry he is a good example.
                          I agree with you, but thanks to the "wardrobe malfunction" all we're ever gonna get is the likes of the Rolling Stones this year, Paul McCartney last year, and probably Kenny G next year!!!

Comment

• KCLadyFan
                            Still a Tony fan
                            • Oct 2003

come on the stones aren't that bad....the crowd seemed to enjoy them...

not too many bands that are still together and still touring....

they didnt sound that great....but it wasn't that bad...
                            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• Bronco_f1
                              <------ A ferocious tiger
                              • Sep 2005

Yes, It was bad. I mean, they didn't play liked they used to, and it seemed boring.

Mick's T'shirt scared me, I would never use a t-shirt like that, it looks good on girls, but not on a guy

:salute:

Comment

• topscribe
                                RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                                • Apr 2005

I thought the halftime show was a riot . . .

It was hilarious to see someone older than I am gyrating out there on stage like a hip-hop wannabe.

What a has-been!

Ole Mick ought to go back to his hospice room and resume his wait . . .

-----

Comment

Working...
                                X