Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcollapse
    This is up there with Ravens-Giants, Raiders-Bucs, Rams-Titans in the who gives a rat's ass category of Superbowls from the last decade.
    Umm, could you tell me how the Rams VS Titans Super Bowl was a "Who Gives A Rats Ass" categorized Super Bowl?

I thought it was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen#7
    Get out of here! If this was Denver you guys would be considering this one of the best ever. My favorite SB (besides this of coures) was Green Bay-Denver.
    The Green Bay-Denver Superbowl was a classic, but the Denver-Atlanta Superbowl wasn't all that great.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

I do agree that is was NOT a good game.

But, I don't think that should take anything away from the Steelers who are a classy organization and a good team. They earned their way through a very difficult playoff schedule to win this one.

But saying that, I've never been more bored with a SB. The refs were questionable, and neither team was very efficient or consistent at all.

There were a couple big plays and otherwise a lot of poorly executed football on both sides of the ball. Very "ho hum" IMO.

But again, in my mind this takes nothing away from the Steelers who have earned every right to hold that trophy with pride this year. Congrats Pittsburgh! And Congrats Bill Cowher, you deserve it!

This could have been a great game without the refs controversial calls.

We will never know now.

As it stands it was just mediocre all over IMO.

Let the players play, call a fair game and let the winning team know they did it on their own without the second guessing.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I hate to say officiating was a problem; but, I thought some of the calls were questionable. The announcer saying a guy is down when his knee hits the ground only - I thought I was watching the NCAA Super bowl.

But, I got to cheering for the Seahawks for a time. Trying to get them to make a game of it. They just couldn't put it together in the end.

Porter and Polamalu were MIA I thought. Despite the picks, I liked both Big Ben and Hasselback's games. They were competitors.
    [IMG]http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/drum/dpa54/ringomov.gif[/IMG]

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

I Could Not Agree More.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway
    This could have been a great game without the refs controversial calls.

We will never know now.

As it stands it was just mediocre all over IMO.

Let the players play, call a fair game and let the winning team know they did it on their own without the second guessing.
    As I wrote on some other threads,
    and put even more succinctly by you here.

NFL and MLB need to retrain their highly-paid officials.
    This inept crap is now way out of hand -- in football and in baseball --
    a nasty, galling pattern, not merely a gripe about an isolated call.

I like the Steelers and have nothing against them.

That being said, the refs CLEARLY wanted the Steelers to win this game. I actually had money on the Steelers, but am still FURIOUS about the play-calling. I gambled because that's who I thought was going to win the game via more effort and more effiency. Seattle won this game, but the refs took it away and gave it to the Steelers, because that's who everone wanted to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    I agree. This game was handed to Pittsburgh on a silver platter by the referees. There were 3 blown calls in this game and Seattle should have won this game.

oh please...I am not a fan of either team...but this is nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    oh please...I am not a fan of either team...but this is nonsense...
    No it is not. First off Roethlisberger did not get that rushing touchdown. Secondly that pass interferance call that overturned the Seahawks touchdown was bogus. There was contact on both sides! The Steeler was all over the reciever and so the reciever had to make contact to get away from him. The media was all over this and wanted the Steelers to win from the get go. Those refs just sealed the deal.

No it is not. First off Roethlisberger did not get that rushing touchdown. Secondly that pass interferance call that overturned the Seahawks touchdown was bogus. There was contact on both sides! The Steeler was all over the reciever and so the reciever had to make contact to get away from him. The media was all over this and wanted the Steelers to win from the get go. Those refs just sealed the deal.
    I agree. Bad calls all around. Does anyone remember a penalty on the Steelers or were they all on Seattle??

Here You Go

Let's see, the worst officiating I have seen in a long time. Ben didn't get the touchdown (-7pt), the hold called on the Seahawks after the catch on the 2 yd line which even the commentators stated they didn't see a hold (-7pt), the touchdown called back because of offensive pass interference which was the worst "interference" call ever (-7pt).

My vote for SuperBowl XL MVP: The Refs were the Steelers MVP. Crap game! I wish the Seahawks would have forfeited instead of wasting their time actually trying to play a clean game.

Well, the game surely evoked the worst spate of threads I have seen here.

-----

The ONLY angle that would show anything remotely conclusive showed that the tip of the ball might have crossed over the line when Roeth was at the peak (in height) of his dive. As gravity took over he was pushed back. Albeit a poor angle, no other angles showed that he did not get in. It was a good call.

Take off your brown-stained, homer goggles for a moment and you'll see.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

What a bunch of cry fn babies. The PI Call was THE RIGHT CALL, you can't push off, and Hope jumped back ONE YARD..... If Hope did that and made an INT it would have been the same.

The holding was HOLDING A-hole.... I was yelling for it before it was called. Madden said it wasn't so you like a sheep take the bait, you cannot, CANNOT grab someone in the front and BACK and HOLD, you stupid ***.

Ben WAS in, the ball crossed the plane and he even touched the goalline, THATS ALL YOU NEED, YOU STUPID ***!

How about that play where Stevens cought it and fumbled and it was rulled down, the Steeler could have ran it back instead of getting it at the 20? NOTHING ON THAT, HUH ***S????

The only bad call was that Hasslebeck INT block call.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior
    What a bunch of cry fn babies. The PI Call was THE RIGHT CALL, you can't push off, and Hope jumped back ONE YARD..... If Hope did that and made an INT it would have been the same.

The holding was HOLDING A-hole.... I was yelling for it before it was called. Madden said it wasn't so you like a sheep take the bait, you cannot, CANNOT grab someone in the front and BACK and HOLD, you stupid ***.

Ben WAS in, the ball crossed the plane and he even touched the goalline, THATS ALL YOU NEED, YOU STUPID ***!

How about that play where Stevens cought it and fumbled and it was rulled down, the Steeler could have ran it back instead of getting it at the 20? NOTHING ON THAT, HUH ***S????

The only bad call was that Hasslebeck INT block call.
    huh, a guy named Farrior trying to justify his teams "tainted" victory. Go figure.