Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    If that's a push off, then the defender should have been called for PI anyway, for "grabbing" the receiver two seconds before that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosZBlitz
    If that's a push off, then the defender should have been called for PI anyway, for "grabbing" the receiver two seconds before that.
    Grabing for two seconds, he touched him on the back, not grab not pulled not pushed, which if you knew anything about football and what a db can and can't do, you'd know that was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    So why, oh wise one, was Pittsburgh not called when their linemen used the same move?
    When? Where? When did Sea come with an edge rush and beat the Steelers Tackles and the Steelers GRABED and HELD the rusher from getting to the QB, he even took his man down....

You find a clip and point it out! I'll wait!

Heh. Thanks for playing. I think this wraps up our conversation quite nicely

Yea it does, cause you can't answer it, there are calls left on the field on both sides.

The defender has to pull his body away, so if that's a push, then that's a grab

The defender has to pull his body away, so if that's a push, then that's a grab
    Man if you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak.... A db can place his hand on the back of the WR, go ahead and look up the rule, please, don't speak untill you do. A wr cannot PUSH a Defender just like a DB cannot PUSH a WR, once you understand these VERY BASIC rules, the easier it will make this.

Do me a favor, go look up NFL RULES for dummies then come back to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior
    What a bunch of cry fn babies. The PI Call was THE RIGHT CALL, you can't push off, and Hope jumped back ONE YARD..... If Hope did that and made an INT it would have been the same.

The holding was HOLDING A-hole.... I was yelling for it before it was called. Madden said it wasn't so you like a sheep take the bait, you cannot, CANNOT grab someone in the front and BACK and HOLD, you stupid ***.

Ben WAS in, the ball crossed the plane and he even touched the goalline, THATS ALL YOU NEED, YOU STUPID ***!

How about that play where Stevens cought it and fumbled and it was rulled down, the Steeler could have ran it back instead of getting it at the 20? NOTHING ON THAT, HUH ***S????

The only bad call was that Hasslebeck INT block call.
    Come on Steeler fans, you guys win the SuperBowl and this is the guy singing your praises. I know there are less ignorant fans out there. Can we please hear from you instead of this dumba$$.

The calls were questionable, but none were wrong. They could have gone either way, it just happened that they went against the Hawks more often than not.

If it weren't for Parker's run and Randle El's throw, the Steelers were gonna lose. The Hawks were pushing them around all day, but couldn't finish. If this game was played 10 times, Seattle wins 8 of those games.

Today wasn't their day.

P.S. - I'm a huge homer, but not stupid. If the AFC Championship game was played 10 times, we'd lose 11 times. So there Steeler fan, you were the better team 2 weeks ago, but not today.

Oh, and why did the ref wait till the defender raise his hand to throw the flag? Clearly, his first thought was not interference. When he threw it, it was very ill-intentioned, and had nothing to do with how he truly perceived that play.

There was no doubt in my mind that he did not want your Squeelers to go down by 7, because he knew that would virtually mean the game, given your team's choking mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    You realize finding a clip isn't feasible for most people, don't you? There was at least one play identical to the one where Seattle was called for a hold, and no flag was thrown on that play. Furthermore, I don't believe you're correct in stating that the Seattle blocker took his man down.

You misunderstand me, so I'll make it clearer. Ben was not illegally blocked in the back. I don't even know why you think that.
    Well I think he was hit in the back, thats blocking in the back, not that it mattered it would only push them back 15, they probably still score.

He did grab and hold and they just showed the clip again, Haggens shoulder was pulled and it caused him to go down to a Knee, a TAKE DOWN.... That is far from phantom and the only thing that makes it questionable is the fact that Hasslebeck completed the pass, the flag was thrown before he threw.

If there was a holding call by the Steelers that looked like that, I'd like to see it, cause I don't recall any.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/06/sp...in&oref=slogin

"The game was stolen from us by the refs," Debbie Waldeck of Seattle said.

It looks like we are going to be hearing about the officiating for a while.

Just was surfing the net and several other message boards look just like this one.

Man if you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak.... A db can place his hand on the back of the WR, go ahead and look up the rule, please, don't speak untill you do. A wr cannot PUSH a Defender just like a DB cannot PUSH a WR, once you understand these VERY BASIC rules, the easier it will make this.

Do me a favor, go look up NFL RULES for dummies then come back to this thread.
    And how do you know he was just simply putting his hand on the receiver with the way the receiver react, anymore than you can say that was a push? Look, if you're not going to call that, then you can't call the "push," it's that simple.

Oh, and why did the ref wait till the defender raise his hand to throw the flag? Clearly, his first thought was not interference. When he threw it, it was very ill-intentioned, and had nothing to do with how he truly perceived that play.

There was no doubt in my mind that he did not want your Squeelers to go down by 7, because he knew that would virtually mean the game, given your team's choking mentality.
    He reached on the other side of his waste first and then on the other side, it shows on NFL NETWORK if you care to see the play.

Oh INDY who almost had the game against the Steelers handed to them then the Patriots who only get to SB's by ref help....... Hypocrites

Southern California But Originally From Brooklyn, New York!
    Super Bowl XL was horrible. The game and the sorry ass Halftime Show. The Rolling Stones sucked but then again I'm not into Rock but I thought U2 was sick with it a few years ago. Anyhow, the Seattle Seahawks got jobbed on this one. I don't disagree with the Big Ben touchdown. If the call was no TD and if they had reviewed it they would have to leave it as called. But the holding calls and the Jackson TD was horrible. Every call went the Steelers way. I thought I was watching the NBA with bias officiating. I could only remember like two penalties called on the Steelers and that was early in the game. The rest was called on the Seahawks. The Seahawks got jobbed out of a title and the NFL should be ashamed.

I'm sorry but the Pittsburgh Steelers are World Champions by default. I wish I wouldn't have to say that if the Steelers actually won this game without Paul and the Refs being involved but they were.

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GOT JOBED!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="orange"][B]In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever![/B][/COLOR]

Oh INDY who almost had the game against the Steelers handed to them then the Patriots who only get to SB's by ref help....... Hypocrites

That was just a few, let me find some others that should have no bias like us on here.