Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    Umm, could you tell me how the Rams VS Titans Super Bowl was a "Who Gives A Rats Ass" categorized Super Bowl?

I thought it was one of the best.
    I stand corrected, the game itself was awesome with Dyson coming up 1-yard short and what not. But for some reason I at first heaped it in the category because my hatred for NFL 1-year flukes. The organizations just don't stand out to me in retrospect. *shrug*

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosZBlitz
    And how do you know he was just simply putting his hand on the receiver with the way the receiver react, anymore than you can say that was a push? Look, if you're not going to call that, then you can't call the "push," it's that simple.
    You're just an idiot, you obviosly didn't want the Steelers to win. The play is clear, tune into NFL Network and they will play it over and over, they've shown it numerous times.

Last I checked the Steelers won 21-10 and shut down the Offence with 8 min left, if they needed to they could have scored again, oh and add the Stevens Fumble to the score thats 28 points, that's the game we play here, right?

Farrior dude,

Shouldn't you be at a Steelers Board to revel in glory at the Super Bowl victory and yak it up with fellow win-delirious Fans?

Or should you be at a Seattle Board mocking them for losing? Judging by your Posts here, that seems like it'd be right up your alley, not too mention FUN right?

I personally say the NFL Officiating in GENERAL has gotten to the point that it is simply AWFUL, make no mistake. Not taking anything away from the Steelers, but the refs in that Game was terrible.

And if you think the NFL didn't want Pitt to win, wake up. They loved the Cinderella aspect. Plus, it shows everyone that the Playoffs system is fine and everyone has an equal shot going in, even when the odds seem incredible.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5...oncsfannb8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Conde
    Super Bowl XL was horrible. The game and the sorry ass Halftime Show. The Rolling Stones sucked but then again I'm not into Rock but I thought U2 was sick with it a few years ago. Anyhow, the Seattle Seahawks got jobbed on this one. I don't disagree with the Big Ben touchdown. If the call was no TD and if they had reviewed it they would have to leave it as called. But the holding calls and the Jackson TD was horrible. Every call went the Steelers way. I thought I was watching the NBA with bias officiating. I could only remember like two penalties called on the Steelers and that was early in the game. The rest was called on the Seahawks. The Seahawks got jobbed out of a title and the NFL should be ashamed.

I'm sorry but the Pittsburgh Steelers are World Champions by default. I wish I wouldn't have to say that if the Steelers actually won this game without Paul and the Refs being involved but they were.

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GOT JOBED!
    Oh I guess the NFL put 21 up aginst SEA, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBroncsFan
    Farrior dude,

Shouldn't you be at a Steelers Board to revel in glory at the Super Bowl victory and yak it up with fellow win-delirious Fans?

Or should you be at a Seattle Board mocking them for losing? Judging by your Posts here, that seems like it'd be right up your alley, not too mention FUN right?

I personally say the NFL Officiating in GENERAL has gotten to the point that it is simply AWFUL, make no mistake. Not taking anything away from the Steelers, but the refs in that Game was terrible.

And if you think the NFL didn't want Pitt to win, wake up. They loved the Cinderella aspect. Plus, it shows everyone that the Playoffs system is fine and everyone has an equal shot going in, even when the odds seem incredible.
    How if they wanted them to win, would they have ruled Stevens down on that obvous fumble?

The NFL wanted Elway to win so they cheated everyone and gave it to him.... Give me a fn break, I hate when people who know nothing about rules complain about the refs.

I personally say the NFL Officiating in GENERAL has gotten to the point that it is simply AWFUL, make no mistake. Not taking anything away from the Steelers, but the refs in that Game were terrible.
    This year was overall freaking disgusting. It's not one team either way that got the benefit of it either. The fact that there are a bunch of fans wondering "what if" over calls is a discredit to a multi-billion dollar organization. Come on now, when are we going the make ref's jobs full time and have some sort of accountability for making a wrong call in dollar form. I know that they don't go out there looking to make wrong calls. But when there is a season this sloppy where many games could have been changed by bad calls and no calls, something needs to be done.

And before you trolling pats fans get too excited remember one number.... 5 (turnovers.)

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior
    Oh I guess the NFL put 21 up aginst SEA, idiot.
    Can't you debate without all the name-calling?

Or can you not raise yourself to that level?

-----

How if they wanted them to win...
    Now, now, little Farrior, John Elway and the Broncos fought with teeth, nails, guts, and blood to get their win in 97 in the best SB of them all. Everyone left something on the field that day. The hitting was some of the hardest I EVER saw in a SB, and it was the closest thing to a war. Hence the 4th Q collision between Atwater and Hilliard. Even Eddiemac was LEVELING people on Running plays... I think everyone left something on the Field in 32. You wanna see, I have it on tape...

And again, I wasn't taking anything away from Pitt. They did win, that's it.
    Last edited by BronxBroncsFan; 02-06-2006 at 12:50 AM.

People say that the Refs handed the game to Denver vs the Pats, you guys say noway, that's bs!

People say that the NFL tried to Steal the game from the Steelers against the Colts, all the media scoffs.

Now the Steeler robed Sea? What a fn joke, do you realize how many times the Steelers have been jewed? 2002 Playoffs, Ten kicker misses a kick in overtime then falls down without getting touched and the call goes their way.... The Steelers ALWAYS PLAY AGAINST the refs. They never get the Elway calls.

They do need fulltime refs but this game was still won by PIT and if you disagree you know nothing about football or the rules cause you can't back anything up with facts, video proof or listing of rules.

STEELERS ARE CHAMPS, SUCK IT!

1ST 6TH SEED TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL

1ST TEAM TO BEAT THE 1ST 2ND 3RD 1ST SEEDS TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL

STEELERS DOMINATED THE PLAYOFFS, PERIOD

PARKER = LONGEST RUN IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY

EL = FIRST TD TOSS BY A WR

blah blah blah blah blahblahnlahblahbla hblahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblahblah blah blah blah blah blahblahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblahblahblah
    Dude, you need a Valium or something. The Steelers won, and that's it. However...

You should know as an NFL Fan that the officiating in the NfL SUCKS though! Not just in the NFL, but MLB, NBA too.

Dude, you need a Valium or something. The Steelers won, and that's it. However...

You should know as an NFL Fan that the officiating in the NfL SUCKS though! Not just in the NFL, but MLB, NBA too.
    yea when your team dosn't win.

How was it tainted, cause the called the game by the rules??? Even if you take away the steeler TD it's 3 points and give Sea that BS TD its still a Steelers win.

Hey what about that fumble the Stevens, I guess that doesn't count cause it dosnt fit your conspiracy theory and went Sea way huh...... Stupid ***
    The fact that your fighting for us to see it your way is enough for me. Defending something that you know is BS to begin with is stupid. Seattle lost, Pitt didn't win that game, and the officials and the league should be ashamed of itself.

People say that the Refs handed the game to Denver vs the Pats, you guys say noway, that's bs!

People say that the NFL tried to Steal the game from the Steelers against the Colts, all the media scoffs.

Now the Steeler robed Sea? What a fn joke, do you realize how many times the Steelers have been jewed? 2002 Playoffs, Ten kicker misses a kick in overtime then falls down without getting touched and the call goes their way.... The Steelers ALWAYS PLAY AGAINST the refs. They never get the Elway calls.

They do need fulltime refs but this game was still won by PIT and if you disagree you know nothing about football or the rules cause you can't back anything up with facts, video proof or listing of rules.

STEELERS ARE CHAMPS, SUCK IT!

1ST 6TH SEED TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL

1ST TEAM TO BEAT THE 1ST 2ND 3RD 1ST SEEDS TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL

STEELERS DOMINATED THE PLAYOFFS, PERIOD

PARKER = LONGEST RUN IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY

EL = FIRST TD TOSS BY A WR
    The difference between the Den/NE game? NE turned the ball over 5 times. That kind of made it hard for anyone to say the refs handed Denver the game.

The refs made bad calls against Pitts in the Indy game...even the league recognized that.

Face the facts, the refs played a role in this victory. It tarnishes the win, but doesn't take it away. No intelligent person believes that there was a conspiracy, but any intelligent football fan will tell you that the refs made some bad calls at critical points in the game.

Honestly, ask yourself this question...if it were Pittsburgh on the receiving end of the refs mistakes last night would you be whining about it or would you be saying that Seattle won fair and square? Me thinks you'd be singing a different song today.

Just curious, what calls did Elway get?
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    Jeez, I didn't think it was THAT bad. Not the most exciting, but it was okay.

And I agree with Big Ben and Snk on this one.

Congratulations Steelers! There's the thumb!

You can include me in your camp also. Some of the commercials were decent. (Some were lacking, sure.) The halftime entertainment left much to be desired. But the game, for the most part, was a hard-fought defensive battle. I loved that snap-to-Ben-handoff-to-Parker-reverse-to-RandleEl-pass-to-Ward for the TD. And I don't see what people are complaining about, with respect to the officiating. All of those calls, save for one incompletion that should've been a fumble, looked right upon replay.

CONGRATS STEELERS. TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT INTO THE ENDZONE LAST NIGHT, BUS.
    Last edited by sbutk; 02-06-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.