• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbutk
    #1 Underrated poster
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RBDynasty
    The ONLY angle that would show anything remotely conclusive showed that the tip of the ball might have crossed over the line when Roeth was at the peak (in height) of his dive. As gravity took over he was pushed back. Albeit a poor angle, no other angles showed that he did not get in. It was a good call.

Take off your brown-stained, homer goggles for a moment and you'll see.

Thank you. The ball unambiguously touched the imaginary plane that begins at the white stripe on the edge of the endzone.

That is how a TD is defined, for all you who are still complaining about this call.
    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• orangenblue420
      koyaanisqatsi
      • Jul 2003

IMHO - IT SUCKED - every part of it - the game, the teams, the players, the ref, the entertainment, the commercials

BOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

The only people that enjoyed it were steelers fans -

but oh well - congrats to them - they had a tough road of it and they played like champs throughout the playoffs
      to the steelers!!

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
        26-Time World Champs
        • Mar 2004

I don't see how it could be called the worst...Sure it wasn't very exciting, but come on, would you rather have watched this super bowl, or bears-patriots? What about Denver-san Fran...or san fran. vs s.d.
        At least this game wasn't over in the first half!!!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• LDB
          Playmaker
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by orangenblue420
          The only people that enjoyed it were steelers fans -

but oh well - congrats to them - they had a tough road of it and they played like champs throughout the playoffs
          to the steelers!!
          And you know it is sad that the refs have kind of taken away a little from their victory.

They beat a good Bengal team, a very good Indy team, and a great (so sue me, I'm a homer ) Denver team. All on the road. You dont do that for by being a team that isn't a Championship caliber team.

I am happy for them, but I'd been a lot happier for them if the refs would have let the teams play.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• sbutk
            #1 Underrated poster
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Farrior
            Steelers won fair and square, tune into NFL NETWORK and watch them talk about the FN game.

The only bad calls were the Stevens fumble and the Hasslebeck 15 yard block call on the INT.

I agree. I also noted that missed block-in-the-back on Ben during the INT return.
            sigpic
            They're your teammates, now.
            Best of luck, TT!
            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• orangenblue420
              koyaanisqatsi
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
              I don't see how it could be called the worst...Sure it wasn't very exciting, but come on, would you rather have watched this super bowl, or bears-patriots? What about Denver-san Fran...or san fran. vs s.d.
              At least this game wasn't over in the first half!!!

Umm hello - how easily you young'ns forget

We are the bears shufflin crew - shufflin on down, doin it for you

That was a great superbowl - in fact it was the first superbowl I actually really watched and was hooked on football from that point - so my bias precludes me from ranking that as one of the worst

Comment

• HeyJeeB
                Practice Squad
                • Feb 2005

A one-stop-shop for reading anything related to this controversy - http://www.xlrefs.com/

Comment

• kristin
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2006

Worse Super Bowl

I Will Agree With That The Referees Were Bad. And The Rolling Stones Wowwwww Old And Cant Sing Not Anymore. The Only Thing That Was Good The Budweiser Clydesdale Horses. Thank God Harry Potter Was On H B O. Kristin

Comment

• Spiderman
                    Banned User
                    • Jan 2006

Thanks A Bunch.

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
                    A one-stop-shop for reading anything related to this controversy - http://www.xlrefs.com/
                    Going to add your more comprehensive link to the other thread about the petition.
                    Thanks, indeed.

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                      earthling
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Farrior

STEELERS ARE CHAMPS

1ST 6TH SEED TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL

1ST TEAM TO BEAT THE 1ST 2ND 3RD 1ST SEEDS TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL

STEELERS DOMINATED THE PLAYOFFS, PERIOD

PARKER = LONGEST RUN IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY

EL = FIRST TD TOSS BY A WR

--- you forgot:

5 RECEPTIONS BY JACKSON IN 1ST QTR TIES SB RECORD !!!
                      and
                      3RD TEAM IN SB HISTORY TO GET THUMB RINGS !!!

---
                      Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Den21-Bal19
                        Captain Kopite
                        • Feb 2004

I wouldn't say it was the worst game ever, I can think of 3 that were a damned sight worse.........much as I try to forget.

It was an absorbing rather than an exciting game, it was tight and I'd rather watch a tight game than a blowout (unless we're inflicting it )
                        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
                        X