Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shut Up!!

Quote Originally Posted by West
    I don't recall the refs throwing a pick in the red zone, dropping many passes, missing 3 field goals, or using poor clock management before half and at the end of the game. Seahawks gave them that game, the refs only had a small part in the outcome of that game.

Good post 7NALDER
    Still doesn't compare to the Denver-NE game.

It was a combination of average play and bad officiating. Without the calls, Seattle wins...

Professional Hell Raiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Still doesn't compare to the Denver-NE game.

It was a combination of average play and bad officiating. Without the calls, Seattle wins...
    Football is a game of what ifs...

You can't do anything about it now.

I don't recall the refs throwing a pick in the red zone, dropping many passes, missing 3 field goals, or using poor clock management before half and at the end of the game. Seahawks gave them that game, the refs only had a small part in the outcome of that game.

Good post 7NALDER

Just my opinion but the refs shouldnt have any part in the outcome of the game - small, medium or large - they are there to keep things on a fair and even playing field 0 they are their to enforce the rules properly - not enforce the rules improperly to the point it has any effect on the game - when that happens then there is a definite problem, IMHO that is

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420
    Just my opinion but the refs shouldnt have any part in the outcome of the game - small, medium or large - they are there to keep things on a fair and even playing field 0 they are their to enforce the rules properly - not enforce the rules improperly to the point it has any effect on the game - when that happens then there is a definite problem, IMHO that is
    They shouldn't have any part of the outcome of the game but they do, it's throughout all sports. It's just a thing you have to deal with. You can't do anything about it.

Nobody is petitioning to have the game replayed.

There is something that can be done about it that may help in the future, however.

We could hire full time officials that are paid pretty well and that would go through intense training in the offseason. Also, we could allow for some penalties to be reviewed by the officials. Two very costly penalties that would make sense to me to have reviewed are pass interference and holding.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    We could hire full time officials that are paid pretty well and that would go through intense training in the offseason. Also, we could allow for some penalties to be reviewed by the officials. Two very costly penalties that would make sense to me to have reviewed are pass interference and holding.
    You can't train to be less stupid. That's not possible.

heh, but the officiating shouldn't be an "if"......

Seattle had chances to take back the lead. Hasselbeck didn't have to throw an INT, he could have come over adversity for his team and led them to a TD and the lead, but it didn't happen. Football is a game of what ifs as stated before. Seattle makes a FG and puts the Steelers on the 20 instead of the 35 could have made a difference. Even things could have gone wrong for the Steelers. The Refs had an effect on the outcome but they were not the whole reason they lost.

No one will ever know what could have happened. There is no predicting it.
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Yes, but they shouldn't have an impact on the outcome PERIOD!!!!!!

There were 21 questionable points in that game, 14 of which were taken off the Seahawks' board (Alexander from the 2 is a given).

Yes, but they shouldn't have an impact on the outcome PERIOD!!!!!!

There were 21 questionable points in that game, 14 of which were taken off the Seahawks' board (Alexander from the 2 is a given).
    When has the refs NEVER been an impact on the outcome of the game?

When has the refs NEVER been an impact on the outcome of the game?
    You serious???

You serious???
    When have not you seen a game where the refs made a bad call that change the momentum/course of the game?

When have not you seen a game where the refs made a bad call that change the momentum/course of the game?

I dont think I'd go so far as to say that EVERY game has a game changing call, but I agree with your first proposal.

That the refs do effect the outcome in every game. They DO throw flags in every game, so they effect every game. Just as the coaches do. They are a part of it, so they of course have an impact on every game.

But I dont think EVERY game has a bad call that swings the momentum one way or the other. No bad call could have swung the momentum back to the Jets in their game here this year.

Nothing that's comparable to a SB.

There weren't any horrible calls in the NFC Championship game, or the AFCC game for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by 7Nalder7Elway7
    Okay I am sick and tired of everyone complaining about the Super Bowl. If the seahwaks would of won then no one would be talking about the refs. A win is a win no matter how it happens...any real human being knows this. If the broncos would of won everyone in here would be like w/e the refs did a great job bla bla bla...SHUT UP!!!! However I do agree that the refs need to be checked out for betting on teams. I mean are there any rules prohibiting refs from betting? If there is not...well that might be a reason for some of this really bad officiating. The problem need to be fixed. However I would honestly have to say that this super bowl was officiated well, with the exception of the darrel jackson reversed TD...that was the only bad call...and even with that play would of been a TD that still leaves the score 17 to 21 pit...so just shut up please
    Hey "JWINN", aren't you going to say something about this thread?