Angry Superbowl MVP: Referee's

The Superbowl MVP shouldn't be Hines Ward, it should be the ref's. The ref's pratically handed the game to the steelers in three major ways.

1) The offensive pass interference call that called back a TD for the Seahawks!
    2) Ruling the Roethlisburger run on 3rd and short a TD
    3) When the score was 14-10 and Seahawks driving, Hasselback throws to Stevens to the 2 yd line; the holding call when it seemed the it was offsides on the Steelers.

My heart goes out to the Seahawks, b/c they got absolutely screwed!!!!!!

You act like the refs are perfect in all aspects of the game, they can't see exactly how every play goes.

Sometimes they don't make the right call but most of the time of they do.

No one is perfect, give it a break.

Broncs All the Way Baby!

How can you say give the ref's a break when, there mistakes caused the better team to lose in the biggest game of the year! Also were not talking 1 call, were talking 3 obvious mistakes, inexcusable!

The refs did kind of screw the game in general. They shouldn't control a game like the SB like they did last night.
    Last edited by VADER72; 02-06-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Cool

I would also to share a recent thought of mine: "The ref's uniform should no longer be black and white; but black and yellow." Personally, I think this is an appropriate suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme Bronco
    The Superbowl MVP shouldn't be Hines Ward, it should be the ref's. The ref's pratically handed the game to the steelers in three major ways.

3) When the score was 14-10 and Seahawks driving, Hasselback throws to Stevens to the 2 yd line; the holding call when it seemed the it was offsides on the Steelers.

The NFL wanted the Hollywood happy ending for The Bus. And the refs made sure they got it. They weren't going to let a small town market like Seattle spoil it....

This belongs in the smack forum. But since its here...I'll respond a LOT nicer than I would there. You, sir, are deranged. Kindly watch the following, which point by point addresses your delusions...then consider defenstration. Reality..
    That is all.
    [IMG]http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt.gif[/IMG]Revenge Tour 2006....Rollin the Bus one last time..[IMG]http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt.gif[/IMG]

1) This could have just gone in one of the 5 other 'ref' threads along with the 300 posts bashing them
    2) Based on camera angles available on ABC, you would have to be blind to not think it was a TD, or at least too close to question.
    3) Show me a game that the refs "didn't" blow, meaning they got every call right. I have never seen one.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    1) This could have just gone in one of the 5 other 'ref' threads along with the 300 posts bashing them
    2) Based on camera angles available on ABC, you would have to be blind to not think it was a TD, or at least too close to question.
    3) Show me a game that the refs "didn't" blow, meaning they got every call right. I have never seen one.

1) With that many threads and other comments (around the league, not just Seattle's) you can probably figure there was something to complain about.
    2) What camera angle did you get? That was hardly a TD.
    3) You're right there but in this game they blew every call. The 3 major errors listed above including one that was reviewed and still screwed up. Then 3 lessor errors: The horse collar tackle, Hasselbeck's low block penalty, and the Steeler time out well after the clock went to zero. That makes for a major effect on a game, not just a bad call or two.

Can you think of a single call that went Seattle's way? There was one. Hasselbeck's fumble got overturned. But Leavy didn't seem very happy about having to overturn it. It was like he was losing some incentive money having to take that turnover away.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlash1
    1) With that many threads and other comments (around the league, not just Seattle's) you can probably figure there was something to complain about.
    2) What camera angle did you get? That was hardly a TD.
    3) You're right there but in this game they blew every call. The 3 major errors listed above including one that was reviewed and still screwed up. Then 3 lessor errors: The horse collar tackle, Hasselbeck's low block penalty, and the Steeler time out well after the clock went to zero. That makes for a major effect on a game, not just a bad call or two.

Can you think of a single call that went Seattle's way? There was one. Hasselbeck's fumble got overturned. But Leavy didn't seem very happy about having to overturn it. It was like he was losing some incentive money having to take that turnover away.
    God, I cannot believe how many delusional people there on this board.

As to the angle I 'got'. It was the one right down the goal line. The one that showed big Ben getting hit by the defender when he was about 18-24" above the goal line with his arm and ball breaking the plane 'above' the front plane of the goal line, before being pushed back and hitting the ground a few inches short of the goal line.

You many not understand. The ball does not have to touch the goal line, all it has to do, is have any part of the ball, pass above any part of the goal, even for an instant, and it is a TD.

As to the low block. I think it was a bad call (logically, not technically), but probably technically correct. Prior to tackling the ball carrier, Hasselbach put a low block on the player slightly in front of and too the left of the ball carrier. Whjile this happened while he was attempting to tackle the ball carrier, it doesn't change the fact that he blocked a non-ball carrier low, which is forbidden in that scenario. It sort of like when a player takes a swing at another player, but hits the ref. He didn't mean to do it. It happened in the act of doing something else. However, the bottom line is he did it.

The horse collar tackle was not a penalty under the new rule. We have had several of those non-calls this year and it has been talked about by the commentators on TV as well as Mike perrera (or whatever his spelling is) who is head of reffing for the NFL. They only call a penalty if: In the open field a player is grabbed and immediately yanked to the ground by grabbing the inside of the pads. Alexander was not immediately yanked to the ground, he was ridden to the ground. That play happens numerous times every weekend of the regular season and is never called. It wasn't a penalty period.

Were there actually bad calls in the game? Yes. The holding call that took the ball back from the 2 to 18 or so. Possibly the offensive PI (it's also questionable, since the offensive player did push off, but I don't think it should have been called).
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt