Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedDLinemen
    Firstly how do you anticipate that Denver can fit Abraham's $8.5m cap hit when they are only $900,000 under the cap at the moment, so he'd have to re-do a deal with the Jets and it'd be a sign and trade deal.

Secondly Clayton from ESPN has already stated the best the Jets will get is a second rounder.

I think your source is talking out his proverbial ass!!

well a 29th pick is pretty much a 2nd rounder.. duhh!

PEOPLE WHO WANT JOHN ARE STUPID WE NEED TERRELL OWENS
    Just call me Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Wow...I love the way you formulate an argument...You should be on the debate team or something...

To the thread starter: I don't know your source, nor will I attempt to discredit you, I just hope he is right.

I won't mind dropping pick 29 for John, as long as we work out a new deal for him. This paves the way for a top receiver or defensive tackle (Brunkley) at pick 22, with an outside chance at a surprise runner. If this deal does in fact go through, I will be overjoyed.
    Do ya think that NY may be throwing in an extra mid rounder or somethin', or is 29 straight up a good deal?

please, god let this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Agreed...

Maybe this means either Lepsis or Warren isn't coming back. A cap guy on the mane is saying that we will be approx. 12.5 mil under if we don't bring those two back together, so maybe it's just one of 'em.
    From what I understand regarding that situation, he sounds right. Remember that we can resign both players and watch our cap number lower! So while we may not get 12.5 million, even if we structure their new deals in a way that they both count around 3 mil. this year, that is still roughly 6 mil. in savings. We now just need some restructuring from other players...

on offence we were like 4th in ypg in 2004 and we were fifth in ypg this year! not to mention we did WAY better in the red zone than we did last year! so we are fine! BUT he is right our D is really good and we are a ball hawking D! now imagine if we could keep our safteys and linebackers running around in the field because we can get pressure on the QB without them! that means even more takeaways and sacks! it would be killer i hope we bring Abraham here!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL
    well a 29th pick is pretty much a 2nd rounder.. duhh!
    What about the $8.5m cap hit, you think the fairies are gonna make that disappear?

no way were getting chad jackson, maybe santonio holmes. chad jackson may be faster than santonio but personnally i think santonio has more big game experience and more big plays than chad jackson. Forget chad jackson hes overrated from the combine, santonio is way better especially since he played for THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

you guys act like abraham is that great. hes no simeon rice or julius peppers, heck i think trevor pryce is better than abraham, forget abraham we want TO

Quote Originally Posted by broncobuckeyes
    you guys act like abraham is that great. hes no simeon rice or julius peppers, heck i think trevor pryce is better than abraham, forget abraham we want TO

LMAO ur funny

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy
    Does this mean NO T.O.,THAT SUCKS
    No, that would great.

Abraham would fill a desperate need with much less baggage, and for less money.

How does this suck?

Jets TV reporting done deal

Lol, yes it is some teenager reporting from his room, but it's a legit website...

http://jetstv.com/?p=38

And, here's the link to the IGN board...

http://boards.ign.com/football/b5105/111435425/p1/?21

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy
    PEOPLE WHO WANT JOHN ARE STUPID WE NEED TERRELL OWENS

PEOPLE WHO POST MESSAGES LIKE THAT ARE STUPID

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDLinemen
    What about the $8.5m cap hit, you think the fairies are gonna make that disappear?
    Are you under the impression the deal would be for 1 yr @ $8.5 mil (the franchise tender)? Obviously there is going to be a fair sized hit, but I wouldn't imagine it's going to be $8.5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by dbjeff
    Are you under the impression the deal would be for 1 yr @ $8.5 mil (the franchise tender)? Obviously there is going to be a fair sized hit, but I wouldn't imagine it's going to be $8.5 mil.
    There's no way this is happening until John signs a longer deal with the Jets and we'd have heard about that.