Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1753

Thread: The Beer thread

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I would say since I have started the app i have checked in half or so...I try not to submit duplicates. Or I sometimes forget. Or when I go to festivals there is no WiFi and service sucks then i can't give a proper rating. I don't like just checking beers in. I want to score them in case i come across them again and want to see if I liked them or not.
    I see.

I'll have to figure out my habits then. I know I often go on a run where I get stuck in a rut for a particular beer. Recently, it was Lagunitas. Before that it was Racer 5. I find I shop for variety now to try and taste things.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Had a Bombardier Glorious English today. I'm not a big fan of beer but wanted to try a pint of some local stuff. It was real good and smooth - first time I'd actually wanted another when I finished.

Wow, almost three years since this thread was posted in.

So many great beers.....

Let's start it up again!

Hitting up a release of 'Cupids Envy' at Wisconsin Brewing company next weekend.

CUPID's ENVY: A Barriques coffee-infused porter, amped up to espresso levels, then barrel aged in Heaven Hill Distillery bourbon barrels and infused with toasted coconut. 2018 Vintage. 10.3% ABV.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Let's start it up again!

Hitting up a release of 'Cupids Envy' at Wisconsin Brewing company next weekend.

CUPID's ENVY: A Barriques coffee-infused porter, amped up to espresso levels, then barrel aged in Heaven Hill Distillery bourbon barrels and infused with toasted coconut. 2018 Vintage. 10.3% ABV.
    I'd love to try that!!

Ever try this:

A four pack is usually at least $40. High ABV. GREAT and amazing flavor. I have a four-er in my fridge now. Just need the right moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    I'd love to try that!!

Ever try this:

A four pack is usually at least $40. High ABV. GREAT and amazing flavor. I have a four-er in my fridge now. Just need the right moment.
    I have not, but I'm heading to the liquor store this evening. Will be on the hunt for it, it sounds amazing.

Edit - If I can even find it!
    Last edited by Peerless; 02-01-2019 at 03:27 PM.

I couldn't find it. .

The nearest location that stocks it is in Kansas City!

Today and everyday... The King of Beers...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I recently tried a Hazelnut Southern Brown Ale from Core Brewing and Distillery in Springdale AR. This is what I call a "Dessert Beer", I don't drink more than one per sitting. Heavy, thick beer at 6% ABV, I don't put much emphasis on ABV %. Creamy and smooth with a slight bitter after taste. Hazelnut flavor tends to dominate and has a hazelnut aroma. I like Hazelnut flavors and Brown Ales so that is why I tried it, this is not a regular go to beer for me, nice to have once in a while, it is a good beer.

I am talked into trying some Lagunitas Brews ... today. It looks like there is no Hairy Eyeball anymore?? At least it is not listed at any local stores. I not live in SE Kansas.

30 years ago I drank a crap load of this....dont remember how it tastes....couldnt of been to bad considering how much of it I drank......

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Has anyone in here tasted anything from Fall River out in Cali?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I recently tried a Hazelnut Southern Brown Ale from Core Brewing and Distillery in Springdale AR. This is what I call a "Dessert Beer", I don't drink more than one per sitting. Heavy, thick beer at 6% ABV, I don't put much emphasis on ABV %. Creamy and smooth with a slight bitter after taste. Hazelnut flavor tends to dominate and has a hazelnut aroma. I like Hazelnut flavors and Brown Ales so that is why I tried it, this is not a regular go to beer for me, nice to have once in a while, it is a good beer.

I am talked into trying some Lagunitas Brews ... today. It looks like there is no Hairy Eyeball anymore?? At least it is not listed at any local stores. I not live in SE Kansas.
    So I picked up a 6 pack of the Lagunitas Undercover Ale; I had 2 and they were good. It has an aroma of some kind of fruit but this beer has no fruit, good flavors for only having hops, malt, hops, yeast and water and hops... thats what it says the ingredients are. It is nicely bitter but again flavorful ... 2 of these and a double shot of Tennessee Honey and I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I couldn't find it. .

The nearest location that stocks it is in Kansas City!
    Dang! There's a couple places here that'll get it from time to time. I'm might be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    So I picked up a 6 pack of the Lagunitas Undercover Ale; I had 2 and they were good. It has an aroma of some kind of fruit but this beer has no fruit, good flavors for only having hops, malt, hops, yeast and water and hops... thats what it says the ingredients are. It is nicely bitter but again flavorful ... 2 of these and a double shot of Tennessee Honey and I'm good.
    The Undercover is very tasty!!!! Read their story on why they make it. In April comes their Waldos.... another VERY good beer by Lagunitas!

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Has anyone in here tasted anything from Fall River out in Cali?
    Yes. They have decent stuff.