Page 17 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1753

Thread: The Beer thread

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Reidman
    HA HA!

    I just received my order from the beergeek (finally... )
    Double boxed with plenty of popcorn foam so my concern about breakage was well laid to rest. I did notice I am missing a bottle of vanilla porter so I am wondering if they were out of stock or just forgot or if I'll get credited.

    I can't believe I am in possesion of so many brews that are near impossible to get locally. This place is great. I didn't realize I had ordered a six pack of dogfish (mix and match) and I can't wait to taste them all. I guess somebody sold me on that brand before I even tried it......



    and i can't wait to hear what you think of it. . . . . .


    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by NASurfer
    Nice thread guys.

    Dogfish and Reid, how was your experience with beergeek? I'ma thinkin of going on a little spending spree

    i highly recommend it. . . . of course, i live relatively close to them, it seems my stuff got here quicker and i paid considerably less shipping than reid did. . . . i've already placed a second order if that tells you anything. . . . it certainly isn't the world's cheapest way to buy beer, so i would say only use them to get beers you know you can't find anywhere locally-- that's how i'm going to use them. . . .

    if you place an order and find something you really like, you can usually find a website or phone number for the brewery, and contact them to see where the nearest distributor is-- i've had good success with that. . . . . if you have questions about certain beers they offer, feel free to run them by me-- i certainly haven't tried all the beers they offer or even close, but i have tried quite a few of them. . . . . if you place an order and try some new stuff, don't forget to post it here!


    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  3. #243
    ok guys, i just got my second order from beergeek today-- they rock!!


    had to bust into it right away. . . i'm drinking an avery 14'er ESB (that's extra special bitter for those who don't know)-- pretty good. . . ironically, ESBs generally aren't all that bitter, especially compared to IPAs, and this one is no exception. . . .

    it's smooth and crisp, pretty mellow-- nice summer beer, light body and very citrusy flavor, a little sour aftertaste but not overwhelming. . . this is a beer for picnics and barbeques, camping trips and late nights on the patio. . . . not impressive by avery's standards, but perfectly drinkable and would be a good choice for the less adventurous drinker. . . . not as complex as what i like. . .

    reid, what's up buddy-- no report on the 90 minute IPA yet?

    you're slackin' man!!


    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by NASurfer
    Nice thread guys.

    Dogfish and Reid, how was your experience with beergeek? I'ma thinkin of going on a little spending spree
    My experience was good.

    I paid a little more in shipping because of my location and the fact that I ordered 12 beers (all 12 oz).

    I realized if you buy the 22 oz'ers you can get just as much brew and save shipping costs but not all brands and varieties come in 22 oz unfortunately.

    Packaging was exceptional!


  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    ok guys, i just got my second order from beergeek today-- they rock!!


    had to bust into it right away. . . i'm drinking an avery 14'er ESB (that's extra special bitter for those who don't know)-- pretty good. . . ironically, ESBs generally aren't all that bitter, especially compared to IPAs, and this one is no exception. . . .

    it's smooth and crisp, pretty mellow-- nice summer beer, light body and very citrusy flavor, a little sour aftertaste but not overwhelming. . . this is a beer for picnics and barbeques, camping trips and late nights on the patio. . . . not impressive by avery's standards, but perfectly drinkable and would be a good choice for the less adventurous drinker. . . . not as complex as what i like. . .

    reid, what's up buddy-- no report on the 90 minute IPA yet?

    you're slackin' man!!

    Lol. Ok dog I did have a couple of the 90 minute and a Chicory stout so far from that batch.

    First the 90 minute: Somehow they found a way to wrap up every style of beer that I enjoy into one flavorful, smooth, hoppy-ass brew. This beer is one of the best I have ever tried and it saddens me that it's not local. Upon my first sip it appeared more of a stout or porter rather than IPA. Very smooth drinkability and and hints of caramel and molasses. The hops shine through in the aftertaste and that's where it presents itself as a true IPA. Dog, you must know my exact tastes to recommend this beer so highly and I am glad I ordered multiple bottles of this stuff because there is no way to savor just one. I CAN'T wait to try the 120-minute!!

    Onto the Chicory stout: When I first tipped this one the initial taste was very subtle. As you continue to drink it though, the subtleness gives way to a flavor burst. I think I read that it was brewed with mexican coffee which I could definitely distinguish. But what I liked was it's burnt-like flavor. This beer went down so smooth and so good in fact, I finished it in a matter of minutes.

    I am with Dogfish in highly recommending these brews to anyone who enjoys a flavorful, full-bodied smooth brew. This is possibly becoming my favorite brewery and I may just need to relocate to an area that stocks them locally, lol...


  6. #246
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    OMG.....

    OH... MY.. GOD....

    american beer is crap except some north western micro breweries.... cos they like the hops and so do i...

    BUT GEEZ....

    have any of u had OZZY BEER?!?!! like the real deal!?!?!?

    COS ITS THEEEEEE BEST...!!! ohh... that and i loooove german and dutch beers.... cos every time ive been there... ive never had enough....

    cmon guys... look outside ur nation for some real beers... i gurantee all of u that u will all be plesantly suprised.....

    and im could have sworn that a simmilar thread existed like 6 months ago... or maybe i just had a deja vu... hmm... i dont know anymore...

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    OMG.....

    OH... MY.. GOD....

    american beer is crap except some north western micro breweries.... cos they like the hops and so do i...

    BUT GEEZ....

    have any of u had OZZY BEER?!?!! like the real deal!?!?!?

    COS ITS THEEEEEE BEST...!!! ohh... that and i loooove german and dutch beers.... cos every time ive been there... ive never had enough....

    cmon guys... look outside ur nation for some real beers... i gurantee all of u that u will all be plesantly suprised.....

    and im could have sworn that a simmilar thread existed like 6 months ago... or maybe i just had a deja vu... hmm... i dont know anymore...
    Did you have a different username at the time, or did you just look throught the threads as a visitor 6 months ago?
    Thanks, Reid!

    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,048

  9. #249
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon
    Did you have a different username at the time, or did you just look throught the threads as a visitor 6 months ago?
    i was a visitor...
    it was then that i learned that the bronocs had a forum.. but i wasnt into forums then... well till like 4 days ago.. when my mate convinced me to get onto a forum of my liking... and i chose the nfl and the broncs as my liking...

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    i was a visitor...
    it was then that i learned that the bronocs had a forum.. but i wasnt into forums then... well till like 4 days ago.. when my mate convinced me to get onto a forum of my liking... and i chose the nfl and the broncs as my liking...
    Cool! I was just curious.
    Thanks, Reid!

    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    i was a visitor...
    it was then that i learned that the bronocs had a forum.. but i wasnt into forums then... well till like 4 days ago.. when my mate convinced me to get onto a forum of my liking... and i chose the nfl and the broncs as my liking...

    Hey...LT


    He's cute!
    I like him!

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels
    Hey...LT


    He's cute!
    I like him!
    You sound like a wife at the pet store...

    "That one's cute! We should take that one!"

    Awwwww..... Let's adopt him.
    Thanks, Reid!

    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon
    You sound like a wife at the pet store...

    "That one's cute! We should take that one!"

    Awwwww..... Let's adopt him.


    Yes......let's

    Seriously...he's funny!

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels
    Yes......let's

    Seriously...he's funny!
    Ok...

    C'mere, Anton... Here boy! *whistles*


    Now... what should we call him?
    Thanks, Reid!

    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon
    Ok...

    C'mere, Anton... Here boy! *whistles*


    Now... what should we call him?

    Who said "we"?

    I meant "me".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •