Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beer thread

Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    Ahhh man it's not even worth talking about it now. We do not see eye to eye when it comes to great beers.

"Black lager... This beer is really smooth"... YEA RIGHT. Absolutely disgusting is what it is.
    Hey, not everyone is accustomed to the aggressive taste of a truly good beer.

Like I said in my original post, American lagers are definitely NOT what I like to drink. I'll kill a 12 of Miller Light every now and again, but that's when I'm drinking on the cheap.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals

Like I said in my original post, American lagers are definitely NOT what I like to drink. I'll kill a 12 of Miller Light every now and again, but that's when I'm drinking on the cheap.
    I'll try any beer, and I'm a card carrying member of the World Beer Tour at Old Chicagos... but it's pretty expensive to drink there. I do enjoy trying new tastes in beer, but I'm far from a snob...

We drink ALOT at my house... and there's 3 of us.... so we tend to buy 'Cheap' beer... but we enjoy it. That's what matters in the long run anyway, right?
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

The TRUE way to go! What do you think of High Life's? Thats my favorite drink during the day, at the pool, summertime, when its 100 degrees outside.

The TRUE way to go! What do you think of High Life's? Thats my favorite drink during the day, at the pool, summertime, when its 100 degrees outside.
    LOL! Okay, in that case, I guess I can deal with "the Champaigne of Beers" every now and again.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

LOL! Okay, in that case, I guess I can deal with "the Champaigne of Beers" every now and again.
    Best light beer is "Corona", love that stuff especially in the summer!

I'm a pale ale fan myself. If I go out and some place has a pale ale draft, I'm all over that. Otherwise, Heineken or Killians or Sam Adams or Yuengling or Bass (which I just recently tried for the first time) is my choice. Another great beer is Majic Hat #9. Haven't had it in a bottle, just once draft and it was great.

If I'm drinking a bottled beer, I gotta take Corona. Lime or no lime it's the ****. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a very close second.

If I'm drinking a watered down beer, it's Miller Light.

Oh, and the wheat beers suck.

I totally forgot

I change my vote to Red Stripe.

HOOOORAY BEER!!!!

I change my vote to Red Stripe.

HOOOORAY BEER!!!!
    Funniest. Marketing. Evar.

I freakin' love Red Stripe Commercials.

The responsibility commercial is the best. The Red Stripe guy convinces someone to give him his pants after the guy refuses to give up his car keys. "Hoooray Responsibility!"
    HEAR ME ROAR!

WhoDey,

That Nebraska brewery is actually Empyrean Brewing Company. (link provided)

Here's the one you're after. Vanilla Porter

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buck 1981
    WhoDey,

What up BB

WhoDey,

Bah! Looks like they're only available in Nebraska right now. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for them to get more popular.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

WhoDey,

Thanks BB for doing that for me.

Who Dey I dont know if you get colorado beers out there but 1554 black ale by the makers of fat tire is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by oldustyballs
    Thanks BB for doing that for me.

Who Dey I dont know if you get colorado beers out there but 1554 black ale by the makers of fat tire is good too.
    I can't say I've ever seen those around here. The main small breweries that we can get down here are all pretty much in Michigan and Northern Ohio.

Bells
    Great Lakes
    Kalamazoo
    Flying Dog
    ...and a few others I can't remember

I gotta say, though. One of my favorite up-n-comers has got to be Stone Breweries. They've got a great product in Arrogant Bastard. They're right, it's not for everyone, but it's my kind of beer. If that's too crazy for you, pick up a pint 9 of their Imperial. It's really a tasty beer.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

My favorite beers are Coors Light(bottle) and Blue Moon(draft, with an orange).
    I have been known to buy a case of "30 Stones"(keystone light) when I need to get a lot of beer for cheap.

do it yourselfer

I make my own here is one of my favs

8 lbs.. Amber Malt Extract
    1 lb Dark Brown Sugar
    3/4 cup Corn Sugar (priming)
    OR
    1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (priming)

Grains:
    Amount Type
    1 lb. Cara-Pils Malt
    1 lbs Medium Crystal Malt (120L)
    1 lb Two Row Malt

Hops:
    Amount Type
    2/3 oz British Blend (bittering)
    1/2 oz Fuggles (flavoring)
    1/2 oz Fuggles (finishing)

Yeast: dry ale yeast, or Wyeast # 1007, 1728 or 1056, or White Labs WLP007, 028 or 029
    Yeast nutrient (optional)
    1 tbsp Burton Water Salts
    Starting Gravity: 1.070
    Ending Gravity: 1.015

Directions:

Make any water adjustments first. It is best to boil as much (up to 5 gallons) as your brew-pot will hold. Be careful not to overfill or cover your brew-pot when boiling, this will cause a boil over.

The use of a grain bag is highly recommended. Place grains in grain bag, and put into 160 degree water. Cover, turn fire off, let steep for 30 min. Remove grain bag and bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat (to prevent scorching), and mix in the malt extracts and any other adjuncts. When fully dissolved, turn the heat back on and return the wort to a rolling boil. Add the bittering hops, continue to boil for 50 min. Add the flavoring hops, continue to boil for 5 min. Add the finishing hops and continue to boil for 5 more min. The use of hop socks make the addition and removal of hops much easier.

After you have boiled your wort for a full 60 min, remove all hops and add water to reach 5 gallons. Cool to 75 degrees and add yeast nutrient and yeast. Shake your fermenter vigorously for 5 min. to aerate the wort. Remember, your yeast needs oxygen to live and grow. Attach the blow-off hose to the fermenter and place the other end into a container of water to form an air-lock. Rack into secondary fermenter after krueson has begun to subside.

Takes a little paitants but deff worth the wait.