Thread: The Beer thread

I hate grain beers. But I do like drinking the following:

Vodka (in general)
    Absente (Absinthe)
    Fraoch
    Red Rum
    Capt'n Morgan's Spiced Rum
    Birra Moretti (only grain beer I like)

Coors light or Miller Lite is my beer of choice when tailgating or playing beirut.
    Yeungling is my fav. American Beer.
    Heineken is alright, but it's a little heavy for me.
    Amstel Light is definitely my bottled bar beer of choice. Stella is up there as well.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Like I said on a previous thread, I gotta go with my roots, Molson Canadian!!

GO CANADA!
    I agree with you by going with your roots. I like a dark beer with a lot of body.It must be chilled to a cold 33 degrees. I rich frothy top. My favorite is A & W. I don't drink alcohol. So it's got to be Rootbeer........Hahahahaha
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    I hate grain beers. But I do like drinking the following:

Vodka (in general)
    Absente (Absinthe)
    Fraoch
    Red Rum
    Capt'n Morgan's Spiced Rum
    Birra Moretti (only grain beer I like)
    Of the things you've named, the only beer on there that I like is the Fraoch. Heather ale is yet another top 5 choice for me.

Notice I said "only beer."

I'm not a fan of Absente - I haven't tried the real stuff, and the crap that you can get here in the states isn't as good as Sambuca. Cap'n is awesome, though. One of the few liquors I can drink straight without wincing.

I'm not familiar with Moretti, though.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Yea, I noticed you said 'Beer' WhoDay.

The only thing that really classifies as beer is Birra Moretti.

It's imported from Italy. Really good stuff. Next time you drop by the liquor store ya might wanna grab a bottle to try out. It's a really dark beer.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Of the things you've named, the only beer on there that I like is the Fraoch. Heather ale is yet another top 5 choice for me.

Notice I said "only beer."

I'm not a fan of Absente - I haven't tried the real stuff, and the crap that you can get here in the states isn't as good as Sambuca. Cap'n is awesome, though. One of the few liquors I can drink straight without wincing.

I'm not familiar with Moretti, though.
    ever had sailor jerrys navy rum?

of beers that are available 'every where', i give the nod to stella artois, guiness or killkenny (dont think that is how you spell it, but i give a little nod to south park).

but micro-brews, or better yet brew pubs, are the way to go. british columbia has 5 or 6 really solid micro breweries. shaftburry cream ale is one of my favourites. they also make a nice hemp ale, which is very dark and very yummy. sleemans honey brown (i dont think that is a micro brewery anymore) is also a personal favorite. okanagon springs has a lager called bavarian 1816 that is 'brewed to the bavarian purity law of 1816' that is quite tasty, especially for a lager. then for a bit of a novelty beer there is black bear ale. its hard to find, but it has blackberry juice in it. its a great summer patio beer.

i also am not into the wheat beers. i like the stouts and the bitters. especially when they are brewed on sight. i think im going to be hitting the canoe brew pub pretty quick now.

"Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    Yea, I noticed you said 'Beer' WhoDay.

The only thing that really classifies as beer is Birra Moretti.

It's imported from Italy. Really good stuff. Next time you drop by the liquor store ya might wanna grab a bottle to try out. It's a really dark beer.
    Well, "ale" says "beer" to me.

I think I've had it before, but it's been a long time. Fortunately, we have a nice italian place that stocks all the major italian imports. I'll give it a shot next time I get a chance. If not then, we've got a major beer emporium in Northern Kentucky I can get it at for sure.

Thanks for the tip!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by biglenny
    ever had sailor jerrys navy rum?
    Can't say that I have. Do tell.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Can't say that I have. Do tell.

go to the package store get one or more bottels of sailor jerrys navy rum and some

****&bull ginger beer and limes

in a glass add ice 1 and a half shots of SJs navy rum and a lime wedge
    we call this murkey water
    enjoy

go to the package store get one or more bottels of sailor jerrys navy rum and some

****&bull ginger beer and limes

in a glass add ice 1 and a half shots of SJs navy rum and a lime wedge
    we call this murkey water
    enjoy
    Ginger beer and rum together?

Interesting. That has potential. I'm copying this somewhere I can get to it this weekend. Thanks!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Ginger beer and rum together?

Interesting. That has potential. I'm copying this somewhere I can get to it this weekend. Thanks!
    dont forget the limes and make sure you use the good ginger beer a friend of mine tryed to use schwepps genger ale and was unimpressed but hes a cheap bugger so go figure

dont forget the limes and make sure you use the good ginger beer a friend of mine tryed to use schwepps genger ale and was unimpressed but hes a cheap bugger so go figure

and it has to be dark rum. preferrably carribean. and ginger ale is NOTHING like ginger beer. you would think they would be similiar, but thats like comparing grape juice to wine. the ginger beer has to have some bite to it.

we call that a dark n stormy.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    and it has to be dark rum. preferrably carribean. and ginger ale is NOTHING like ginger beer. you would think they would be similiar, but thats like comparing grape juice to wine. the ginger beer has to have some bite to it.

we call that a dark n stormy.
    gota use the sailor jerrys my friend

gota use the sailor jerrys my friend

is it dark? im not familiar with it, but if it is dark then im sure it would be quite tasty! i usually go with appletons myself. mmmm-mmmmmm.