Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beer thread

Sam Adams, most of the varieties are good.

Yuengling Lager, a PA and NJ fave, brewed at America's oldest brewery.

Moretti (from Italy). Pretty good, the wife likes it.

Boddington's (tap only....smoothest beer I have ever had. It's the, er...... creamy head).

Brewery Hill Caramel Porter (only available in parts of Northeast and Northcentral Pennsylvania, but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.)

Bellhaven (...because if it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!)

Karl Strauss (San Diego)

A number of Belgian lambics that I can neither spell or pronounce.

I do not remember the brewery, but the Yard House (or the ones in San Diego and Rancho Cucamonga, at least) carry something called "Purple Haze".

Firestone (Santa Barbara) has a Double Barrel Ale that's good for hanging with friends, but the Walker's Reserve. OH MY GOD! WhoDey, you would LOVE this. It's aged in oak, like wine.

http://www.firestonewalker.com/secti...s_reserve.html

Bottom line, if it is lighter than urine, I avoid it. And so should you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Words to live by!

Bellhaven is one of my more recent favorites. Recently, a chain of british places called simply "The Pub" have been springing up around the area. I had tried the pub draught in the can before, but the stuff on draft is just incredible. Easily one of my favorite Scottish brews.

I need to make a grocery list for this stuff - there have been a lot of good suggestions!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Sailor Jerry's is basically a higher proof version of Captain Morgan, costs less too. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    I can't say I've ever seen those around here. The main small breweries that we can get down here are all pretty much in Michigan and Northern Ohio.

Bells
    Great Lakes
    Kalamazoo
    Flying Dog
    ...and a few others I can't remember

I gotta say, though. One of my favorite up-n-comers has got to be Stone Breweries. They've got a great product in Arrogant Bastard. They're right, it's not for everyone, but it's my kind of beer. If that's too crazy for you, pick up a pint 9 of their Imperial. It's really a tasty beer.
    Arrogant Bastard is freaking awesome. Can you get that in Ohio? If you can I hate you.jk The only place I have found it is California.

Quote Originally Posted by oldustyballs
    Arrogant Bastard is freaking awesome. Can you get that in Ohio? If you can I hate you.jk The only place I have found it is California.
    Yeah, all the good beer stores in Ohio and N.KY have all of the Stone line. I'm surprised that it's not national.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm conceited!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Sam Adams, most of the varieties are good.

Yuengling Lager, a PA and NJ fave, brewed at America's oldest brewery.

Moretti (from Italy). Pretty good, the wife likes it.

Boddington's (tap only....smoothest beer I have ever had. It's the, er...... creamy head).

Brewery Hill Caramel Porter (only available in parts of Northeast and Northcentral Pennsylvania, but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.)

Bellhaven (...because if it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!)

Karl Strauss (San Diego)

A number of Belgian lambics that I can neither spell or pronounce.

I do not remember the brewery, but the Yard House (or the ones in San Diego and Rancho Cucamonga, at least) carry something called "Purple Haze".

Firestone (Santa Barbara) has a Double Barrel Ale that's good for hanging with friends, but the Walker's Reserve. OH MY GOD! WhoDey, you would LOVE this. It's aged in oak, like wine.

http://www.firestonewalker.com/secti...s_reserve.html

I absolutly love all of Sam Adams beers. I think its one of the best american breweries out there. I wish more people would try it instead of Coors, Miller or Bud. It just has so much more flavor than those piss-water beers.

I had a carmel porter out of Minnesota(cant remember the name of it) and it had an amazing after taste. Probably not as good as Brewery Hill though.

I know it's off topic, but dawgfan mentioned absinthe....great stuff! (but it gives me horrible heartburn)
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

A Beer thread. My fancy has been struck. purple haze is good. If its the one I am thinking of its of a brewery named abita. My current favorite is Smithwicks, and Hoegarden, (unfiltered wheat).
    I also agree with the looks like urine thing.
    I hate many of the mass produced american beers. Does anyone frequent the great american beer festival?
    RIP D-Will

Guess I forgot to post this before, but I'm pretty simple when it comes to beer. I like Bud Light, Coors Light, or when I'm feeling "spendy", a little Corona or Michelob is high class living. If I'm looking to get straight-up drunk for cheap, you can't beat a few 40's of Miller High Life.

Quote Originally Posted by x_predator89
    A Beer thread. My fancy has been struck. purple haze is good. If its the one I am thinking of its of a brewery named abita. My current favorite is Smithwicks, and Hoegarden, (unfiltered wheat).
    I also agree with the looks like urine thing.
    I hate many of the mass produced american beers. Does anyone frequent the great american beer festival?
    One night I ordered a Hoegarden because I thought that the name sounded funny.

Belgian whites are not my thing. Too sweet!

Smithwicks, on the other hand, is some tasty stuff.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

i recently had a pint of a chocolate port. cant remember who brewed it, but it was one of the best beers i have ever had.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    i recently had a pint of a chocolate port. cant remember who brewed it, but it was one of the best beers i have ever had.
    Young's makes a double chocolate stout. Maybe that?

It is interesting to have that cocoa/chocolate essence with no sugar.

May I just interject that I love this thread?

It's been said before, but HOOOOORAAAAAAAAAY BEEEER.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Young's makes a double chocolate stout. Maybe that?

It is interesting to have that cocoa/chocolate essence with no sugar.

i cant remember. i just saw 'chocolate' and was sold. i was surprised just how well beer and cocoa works together. its just a nice chocolately finish without being sweet or overbearing.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ