X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJBRONCOSFAN
    26-Time World Champs
    • Mar 2004

regardless of political affiliation, we can all agree....

Beer is delicious!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Big Buck 1981
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      regardless of political affiliation, we can all agree....

Beer is delicious!
      And it's a food group! Liquid bread baby!!!

Comment

• broncolitis
        Special Teams
        • May 2005

I vote no beer at all. I like to keep my liver in tact.
        Long live the Broncos
        Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
        My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
        John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

• WhoDeyBengals
          Ack!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by broncolitis
          I vote no beer at all. I like to keep my liver in tact.
          Well, now we know how they roll in Beaver
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

• WhoDeyBengals
            Ack!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
            Of COURSE it's a food group!
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

• Big Buck 1981
              Special Teams
              • Sep 2004

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to WhoDeyBengals again.
              Nice find, I'll shoot a CP your way when I can.

Comment

• WhoDeyBengals
                Ack!
                • Sep 2005

Nice find, I'll shoot a CP your way when I can.
                No big deal, man. I'm sure you'll get me back at some point. Funny side note - you got my last one of the day, and here I am sitting at 190 with no more to bribe the big contributors!
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
                  26-Time World Champs
                  • Mar 2004

This is the only pyramid i live by....

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• WhoDeyBengals
                    Ack!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                    This is the only pyramid i live by....

Remind me I owe you a CP at some point. I can't give anymore today.
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic

Comment

• oldustyballs
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2005

another good dark beer(kinda funny name too) is Moose Drool from Montana.

Have not had any of their other beers but would like to try.

Comment

• dogfish
                        • Jan 2006

aw chit. . .

Whodey, you sly dog, why didn't you tell me there was a beer thread?! this is as much my natural home as the "talkin' smack" forum is yours. . .

fellas, there's a REAL beer snob in the house now!

j/k! but i am a snob on the subject. . .

whodey, props to you for mentioning the best brewery discussed in this thread, which is Stone. . . they rock! the russian imperial stout is indeed tasty stuff. . . and the Ruination IPA is awesome-- very funky hops with a stronger barley flavor than most IPAs. . . definitely an imperial. their anniversary ales are also really good. . . and if you guys like the arrogant bastard, you need to rush out and grab a bottle of the double bastard, it's even better-- and make sure you read the diatribe on the back of the bottle, it's hilarious. . . ahh, Stone-- i love 'em because they're hopheads like yours truly. . .

and now, allow me to introduce you guys to the best brewery in the world imo. . . Dogfish Head in milton, deleware!! that's right, i got my MB name from my favorite brewery-- shows ya where my priorities are, huh? i have tried at least 600-700 beers if not more, and these are the best around. . . better than any european imports that i've had-- german, belgian, anything! better than the best american micros. . . made with premium ingredients (organic whenever possible), and very interesting recipes, they are all intensely flavorful and very interesting. . .

for fans of brown ales, they make the best brown ever brewed, indian brown-- as rich and thick as a porter, it's still sweet and creamy, with coffe notes and an extra dose of hops that gives it a clean, bitter finish. . . immort ale is a dark amber ale brewed with maple syrup and vanilla, and aged in oak barrels. . . extremely sweet and rich, with a complex, earthy flavor. . . midas touch is one of the most interseting beers you will find-- it is almost more of a mead than a beer, it's brewed with barley, honey and grapes. . . very crisp and dry. . . and their IPAs are the best ever!! the 90 minute IPA is the standard, an imperial IPA that is very strong and satisfying. . . and the "hopheads holy grail" is the 120 minute IPA!!

Dogfish Head beers are the cream of the crop-- you will find them to be very expensive, but for the true beer lover, they are worth it!! it is strong stuff, ranging in ABV from 7.2% to a whopping 23.5% -- most of their beers are around 10-11%, plenty stiff. . .

for those in the denver area, you can get Dogfish Head at liquor mart on s. colorado, on the west side of the street across from the wild oats and EMS, in the strip mall with king soopers. . . or at the Wine Company on s. university next to the wild oats. . .

Whodey, i did a little research for ya-- to get Dogfish Head in cincy, call cavalier distributing (513-247-9222)-- i talked to 'em and they said you should call and tell 'em where you live, they can direct you to the closest retailer that handles the line. . . you want to make that call-- TRUST ME!

i'm also a little surprised that no one has mentioned Avery Brewing in boulder-- colorado's best brewery! their standard production lines are decent, but their big bottle singles are where they are outstanding. . . the reverend especially, which is a belgian style quadruple. . . they do lots of belgians. their special editions are some of the best beers ever brewed-- the czar is one of my all-time favorites. it's a russian imperial stout that's even better than the one by Stone. . . seriously complex and intense, it's a beer that should be served at cellar temperature so you can taste all of the different notes, including mocha, toffe and anise-- the best stout i have ever tried, period! their maharaja IPA is awesome, and the kaiser imperial ocktoberfest is a great beer too-- massive malt flavor with a nice finish of spicy, floral hops. and the beast-- WOOOO!! their grand cru, it's brewed with at least six different grains including barley and wheat, honey malt, molasses, belgian candy sugar, raisins, six kinds of hops, the kitchen sink-- and some other stuff that i can't remember right now! my favorite beer brewed after the 120 IPA, the Beast is truly a monster-- the most complex beer i have ever tried, and it's 18% ABV!

these beers are also available at liquor mart-- whodey, call premium beverage (614-275-4282). . . i wasn't able to get ahold of them, but i'm sure they must be in cincy somewhere. . .

alright fellas, that's enough for the moment-- now go out and treat yourselves!!
                        Last edited by dogfish; 03-09-2006, 09:08 AM.
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• The Dark Knight
                          aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
                          • Feb 2004

This girl I know brought me back some Beers that from Scotland that were pretty good.

Tennent's Special Ale I think the name was.

It was some of the best beer I've tasted.

Comment

• dogfish
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jared
                            Young's makes a double chocolate stout. Maybe that?

It is interesting to have that cocoa/chocolate essence with no sugar.
                            probably the best chocolate stout that i've tried. . . very sweet and rich, and as smooth as a stout can be. . . pleasnat aftertaste. . . this is a chocolate stout that is actually made with real choclate, as is the rougue chocolate (brewed in oregon). . .

some so-called chocolate stouts actually aren't brewed with real chocolate, but rather with chocolate malt, which is barley that's kiln-toasted to a dark color. . . for example the brooklyn brewery dark chocolate stout, which is actually a russian-style imperial stout. . . and doesn't taste like chocolate at all!

also, one of my personal favorites, the english stout mackeson triple stout-- it's the english style of "sweet stout," and is also a "lactose stout, which is brewed with lactose (milk sugar) as a brewing adjunct in addition to the barley. the mack has a sweeter flavor than, say, guiness, but finishes off with a nice clean roastiness. . . another excellent lactose stout that's brewed in colorado is the left hand milk stout. . . and the japanese brewery hitachino brews a lacto-sweet stout that is also very good. . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• BANJOPICKER1
                              Captain
                              • Aug 2004

I like whatever is on sale..Hamms,Miller or even Busch,,I dont care..Just as long is there are 12 of them for no more than 6 bucks or so,then I am happy..
                              sigpic

Comment

• WhoDeyBengals
                                Ack!
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dogfish
                                Whodey, you sly dog, why didn't you tell me there was a beer thread?! this is as much my natural home as the "talkin' smack" forum is yours. . .

fellas, there's a REAL beer snob in the house now!

j/k! but i am a snob on the subject. . .

whodey, props to you for mentioning the best brewery discussed in this thread, which is Stone. . . they rock! the russian imperial stout is indeed tasty stuff. . . and the Ruination IPA is awesome-- very funky hops with a stronger barley flavor than most IPAs. . . definitely an imperial. their anniversary ales are also really good. . . and if you guys like the arrogant bastard, you need to rush out and grab a bottle of the double bastard, it's even better-- and make sure you read the diatribe on the back of the bottle, it's hilarious. . . ahh, Stone-- i love 'em because they're hopheads like yours truly. . .

and now, allow me to introduce you guys to the best brewery in the world imo. . . Dogfish Head in milton, deleware!! that's right, i got my MB name from my favorite brewery-- shows ya where my priorities are, huh? i have tried at least 600-700 beers if not more, and these are the best around. . . better than any european imports that i've had-- german, belgian, anything! better than the best american micros. . . made with premium ingredients (organic whenever possible), and very interesting recipes, they are all intensely flavorful and very interesting. . .

for fans of brown ales, they make the best brown ever brewed, indian brown-- as rich and thick as a porter, it's still sweet and creamy, with coffe notes and an extra dose of hops that gives it a clean, bitter finish. . . immort ale is a dark amber ale brewed with maple syrup and vanilla, and aged in oak barrels. . . extremely sweet and rich, with a complex, earthy flavor. . . midas touch is one of the most interseting beers you will find-- it is almost more of a mead than a beer, it's brewed with barley, honey and grapes. . . very crisp and dry. . . and their IPAs are the best ever!! the 90 minute IPA is the standard, an imperial IPA that is very strong and satisfying. . . and the "hopheads holy grail" is the 120 minute IPA!!

Dogfish Head beers are the cream of the crop-- you will find them to be very expensive, but for the true beer lover, they are worth it!! it is strong stuff, ranging in ABV from 7.2% to a whopping 23.5% -- most of their beers are around 10-11%, plenty stiff. . .

for those in the denver area, you can get Dogfish Head at liquor mart on s. colorado, on the west side of the street across from the wild oats and EMS, in the strip mall with king soopers. . . or at the Wine Company on s. university next to the wild oats. . .

Whodey, i did a little research for ya-- to get Dogfish Head in cincy, call cavalier distributing (513-247-9222)-- i talked to 'em and they said you should call and tell 'em where you live, they can direct you to the closest retailer that handles the line. . . you want to make that call-- TRUST ME!

i'm also a little surprised that no one has mentioned Avery Brewing in boulder-- colorado's best brewery! their standard production lines are decent, but their big bottle singles are where they are outstanding. . . the reverend especially, which is a belgian style quadruple. . . they do lots of belgians. their special editions are some of the best beers ever brewed-- the czar is one of my all-time favorites. it's a russian imperial stout that's even better than the one by Stone. . . seriously complex and intense, it's a beer that should be served at cellar temperature so you can taste all of the different notes, including mocha, toffe and anise-- the best stout i have ever tried, period! their maharaja IPA is awesome, and the kaiser imperial ocktoberfest is a great beer too-- massive malt flavor with a nice finish of spicy, floral hops. and the beast-- WOOOO!! their grand cru, it's brewed with at least six different grains including barley and wheat, honey malt, molasses, belgian candy sugar, raisins, six kinds of hops, the kitchen sink-- and some other stuff that i can't remember right now! my favorite beer brewed after the 120 IPA, the Beast is truly a monster-- the most complex beer i have ever tried, and it's 18% ABV!

these beers are also available at liquor mart-- whodey, call premium beverage (614-275-4282). . . i wasn't able to get ahold of them, but i'm sure they must be in cincy somewhere. . .

alright fellas, that's enough for the moment-- now go out and treat yourselves!!
                                dogfish, I definitely will look into the Avery line that you recommended. The Czar is definitely the most intriguing of your suggestions (I love imperial stouts!!!). The distributor you mentioned has a Columbus exchange, so I'll give them a shout when I get off work (probably a bad idea mail ordering beer from the office!).

Check your PM's. And I owe you a CP.

Great post, dogfish!!!
                                HEAR ME ROAR!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X