Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LaVar Arrington to the Bengals

You heard it here first. Guaranteed.

They're going to move Robert Geathers to DT, David Pollack to DE, and Arrington to OLB. It'll be like the perfect mix between a 3-4 and a 4-3.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Hey if the want that head case they can have him. I would interested to see interactions with him and chad.
    RIP D-Will

Quote Originally Posted by x_predator89
    Hey if the want that head case they can have him. I would interested to see interactions with him and chad.
    I've got a reliable source. Arrington has a previous relationship with Lewis, so it makes sense.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Well hurry up and tell me.

Im updating my Madden 06 rosters, and putting everyone on their respective teams.

Browns will be damn good, let me tell you. Same with the 'Skins.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    You heard it here first. Guaranteed.

They're going to move Robert Geathers to DT, David Pollack to DE, and Arrington to OLB. It'll be like the perfect mix between a 3-4 and a 4-3.
    geathers is gonna need to seriously beef up if he's gonna play inside. . . but if he does i suppose he could be a decent interior pass rusher. we know marv likes a smaller, quicker D that gets penetration, ala chicago-- i can't see you actually playing any 3-4, though. . . nobody to play NT. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    geathers is gonna need to seriously beef up if he's gonna play inside. . . but if he does i suppose he could be a decent interior pass rusher. we know marv likes a smaller, quicker D that gets penetration, ala chicago-- i can't see you actually playing any 3-4, though. . . nobody to play NT. . .
    You're right about Geathers and the lack of NT on the team. The Bengals are in discussions with both Sam Adams and Grady Jackson, which would give us some size. If I'm visualizing this correctly, they'd put Geathers on the same side of the line as Pollack and either Adams or Jackson (whoever we get) on the other side. Then they'd be able to stunt all day with Pollack. It could get REALLY confusing.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Bengals going to playoffs again next year if they get him and btw nice Hicks sig WhoDey
    [IMG]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3150/tylerthompsonsig5dd.jpg[/IMG]

You're right about Geathers and the lack of NT on the team. The Bengals are in discussions with both Sam Adams and Grady Jackson, which would give us some size. If I'm visualizing this correctly, they'd put Geathers on the same side of the line as Pollack and either Adams or Jackson (whoever we get) on the other side. Then they'd be able to stunt all day with Pollack. It could get REALLY confusing.
    i'm confused already, but that's nothing new. . .

do you think they're going to switch geathers and pollack regardless, or would that be contingent on getting lavarr? if they sign a DT, do you think they might go after a TE in the 1st round?

also, what's going on with chris henry's injury? and didn't i read that someone signed kevin walter to an offer sheet? i thought he showed something last year, you guys should keep him-- don't want that WR core getting thin after it's become a real strength the past 2 years.

also-- who's the backup QB now? you need some decent insurance for palmer's knee, especially if he's not ready to start the season-- slow starts have ruined enough seasons for you guys, you don't need to go there again. . .

ahh, the off-season whirlwind. . . at least someone is using the rumor mill forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Thompson
    Bengals going to playoffs again next year if they get him and btw nice Hicks sig WhoDey
    Thanks man! JAXnition put that together for me. It's too bad we're NIT bound. I hope they start all the worst players and lose it. Kennedy just wants to be done, and I'll be a fan of whoever he goes to

I don't know if one player will be the difference maker, but I'm hoping we can have another good season this year. I read that Carson Palmer was seen bowling somewhere, so that's a good sign as far as being ready for training camp!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

YES! Bengals conversation!

i'm confused already, but that's nothing new. . .

do you think they're going to switch geathers and pollack regardless, or would that be contingent on getting lavarr? if they sign a DT, do you think they might go after a TE in the 1st round?
    I think we still need to sign a DT if we get one of these older guys. There will still be good TE's available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we don't get a DT, I'm going to be hoping for another CB. Tory James has one, maybe two good years left, and I'm not sure that Keiwan Ratliff is going to fill those shoes.

Any personnel moves in our LB corps would be contingent on the acquisition of Arrington.
    also, what's going on with chris henry's injury? and didn't i read that someone signed kevin walter to an offer sheet? i thought he showed something last year, you guys should keep him-- don't want that WR core getting thin after it's become a real strength the past 2 years.
    The Henry injury's a non-issue. What I'm worried about is his legal problems. He got picked up in Kentucky back in December for marijuana possession, and then again in January for an illegal gun possession charge. He's lucky he didn't get shot. He could be looking at a suspension and a fine from the NFL, along with enrollment in the substance abuse program. After it all went down, I wanted to cut him. Now, I'm not so sure. It would probably be easier to hire a babysitter for the guy.

On Walter: I would hate to see him go. He was a big contributor on ST, and he's a solid WR. However, I'm not sure he's everyday #3 material. Kubiak wants him badly - he made comparisons to Ed McCaffrey when he met with Walter and his agent. I'd like to have him back; if we don't keep him, look for the Bengals to draft a WR late.
    also-- who's the backup QB now? you need some decent insurance for palmer's knee, especially if he's not ready to start the season-- slow starts have ruined enough seasons for you guys, you don't need to go there again. . .
    Well, Kitna's gone, as you know. Right now, the QB depth chart looks like this:

1. Palmer
    2. Doug Johnson
    3. Craig Krenzel

The Bengals are talking to Jamie Martin of the Rams today, and Josh McCown isn't out of the question, either.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

I think we still need to sign a DT if we get one of these older guys. There will still be good TE's available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we don't get a DT, I'm going to be hoping for another CB. Tory James has one, maybe two good years left, and I'm not sure that Keiwan Ratliff is going to fill those shoes.
    i agree you should still look to spend a high pick on a DT-- i think it's the weakest position on the team right now, with not a single guy that i consider starting calibre. . . CB help would be nice, but isn't quite the immediate need DT is-- run defense was your biggest weakness last year. ratliff should be a decent nickel back. . . and it wouldn,t hurt to draft a safety-- jackson's solid but not special, and you don't have much behind the starters. . .

Any personnel moves in our LB corps would be contingent on the acquisition of Arrington.
    i didn't watch many bengals games down the stretch, but i remember reading that pollack was playing more with his hand on the ground towards the end of the year-- was that just on 3rd downs? were they using him there just to get him on the field, or do you think he's just more comfortable at DE?

The Henry injury's a non-issue. What I'm worried about is his legal problems. He got picked up in Kentucky back in December for marijuana possession, and then again in January for an illegal gun possession charge. He's lucky he didn't get shot. He could be looking at a suspension and a fine from the NFL, along with enrollment in the substance abuse program. After it all went down, I wanted to cut him. Now, I'm not so sure. It would probably be easier to hire a babysitter for the guy.
    if he doesn't wise up, he's not gonna have a long career. . .

On Walter: I would hate to see him go. He was a big contributor on ST, and he's a solid WR. However, I'm not sure he's everyday #3 material. Kubiak wants him badly - he made comparisons to Ed McCaffrey when he met with Walter and his agent. I'd like to have him back; if we don't keep him, look for the Bengals to draft a WR late.
    do you think kelly washington can contribute anything? did houston in fact sign walter to an offer sheet? and is he an RFA? i'm just not very up on bengals news. . .

Well, Kitna's gone, as you know. Right now, the QB depth chart looks like this:

1. Palmer
    2. Doug Johnson
    3. Craig Krenzel

The Bengals are talking to Jamie Martin of the Rams today, and Josh McCown isn't out of the question, either.
    who's your preference?

i agree you should still look to spend a high pick on a DT-- i think it's the weakest position on the team right now, with not a single guy that i consider starting calibre. . . CB help would be nice, but isn't quite the immediate need DT is-- run defense was your biggest weakness last year. ratliff should be a decent nickel back. . . and it wouldn,t hurt to draft a safety-- jackson's solid but not special, and you don't have much behind the starters. . .
    Shaun Smith is the only DT that I feel is anywhere close to what could be considered "good." Thornton's okay, but he can be beaten, and Robinson gets swallowed up by doubleteams. We need to load up at this position, pronto.
    i didn't watch many bengals games down the stretch, but i remember reading that pollack was playing more with his hand on the ground towards the end of the year-- was that just on 3rd downs? were they using him there just to get him on the field, or do you think he's just more comfortable at DE?
    Pollack was doing some interesting things down the stretch. Sometimes, he'd start out lined up at LB, and then as the cadence progressed, he'd creep towards the line and put his hand down. It was very effective on passing downs. The QB would be flushed to the right side of the pocket, and we'd have a corner blitz on from that side. Pollack will show why we invested a 1st round pick in him this year.

He was starting to look more comfortable as an LB, but I think he belongs closer to the line. If we bring in Arrington, we can let him get back to his natural position instead of trying to craft him into something he's not.
    do you think kelly washington can contribute anything? did houston in fact sign walter to an offer sheet? and is he an RFA? i'm just not very up on bengals news. . .
    Washington was the one that we were hoping someone would match for. He's a RFA, and we'd get a 3rd round pick as compensation if someone picks him up. Kelley's an interesting case. He'll make a brilliant play on the first down he plays, and then he'll come out and do something stupid like miss his cut on the next one. He grandstands. He won't go across the middle because of an old neck injury. He could be a contributor, but I'm not his biggest fan. He'd be a good #3 somewhere else. Not here.

Houston indeed made Walter an offer, and Walter signed it. It's for like 1.3Mil/yr. We have until next Monday to decide whether to match or be compensated with a 7th round pick.
    who's your preference?
    Well, I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Martin brought in. He didn't look bad last year, considering his situation. McCown is the sexier choice - I just have to wonder why Green was so down on him last year, despite the fact that his performance was better than Warner's over the stretch he played. But for the love of all that is sacred, we do NOT need Doug Johnson taking snaps during the regular season under any circumstances. I'd like to see it like this:

1. Palmer
    2. McCown
    3. D. Johnson

But the more likely situation is sub Martin for McCown.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

I've got a reliable source. Arrington has a previous relationship with Lewis, so it makes sense.
    It's JetsTv all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindro
    It's JetsTv all over again
    I'd hardly call Lance McAllister (local radio guy - very well connected) and the Dayton Daily News "JetsTv."

Just you watch, buddy.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

I'd hardly call Lance McAllister (local radio guy - very well connected) and the Dayton Daily News "JetsTv."

Just you watch, buddy.
    Well you said "I have a very reliable source" so that's why I said that because thaths what that nerdy Jets fan said also.