FA And Draft, its alot like Chess.

Ive been caught up this year in the FA frenzy, more so then any other year
    as the stakes are high for the broncos. I believe shanny and ted are in one year NOW mode.

I see alot of you hitting the panic button, throwing caution to the wind.
    But have you ever played a game of chess? Any well seasoned chess veteran
    knows the first move sets the tone the rest of the game(just like fa and draft can set the boards the rest of the season in football), pawn forward 2 spaces
    being the most common method of attack and strategy. We can compare the pawn
    moves to shannys resigning of our existing players, now that all our pawns are in place, our knights,rooks, bishops, queen(agents,scouts) are exposed to make strategic moves
    to capture our opponnents(players in this case). In other words now that
    the board has been shaken up a bit, shanny and ted are debating a fiew moves
    to capture the most wanted pieces.

The point im trying to make here is this. Patience is what seperates the champs
    from the amateurs. Take from this what you will, you can dice it up anyway you see fit, but the lesson is patience.

Good luck shanny and ted, git er done!
    I am football, I am fan, bronco fan i am.

[IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohnsig5rb.jpg[/IMG]
    throwback sig by snk16

My Game Day at the studio
    [IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohn_just-another-day-in-da-studio.gif[/IMG]

I agree 100% man.

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by dstjohn
    Ive been caught up this year in the FA frenzy, more so then any other year
    as the stakes are high for the broncos. I believe shanny and ted are in one year NOW mode.

I see alot of you hitting the panic button, throwing caution to the wind.
    But have you ever played a game of chess? Any well seasoned chess veteran
    knows the first move sets the tone the rest of the game(just like fa and draft can set the boards the rest of the season in football), pawn forward 2 spaces
    being the most common method of attack and strategy. We can compare the pawn
    moves to shannys resigning of our existing players, now that all our pawns are in place, our knights,rooks, bishops, queen(agents,scouts) are exposed to make strategic moves
    to capture our opponnents(players in this case). In other words now that
    the board has been shaken up a bit, shanny and ted are debating a fiew moves
    to capture the most wanted pieces.

The point im trying to make here is this. Patience is what seperates the champs
    from the amateurs. Take from this what you will, you can dice it up anyway you see fit, but the lesson is patience.

Good luck shanny and ted, git er done!

I agree with you. This is how the Pats won 3 of 4 Super Bowls recently. They never overspent for anyone and most of their FA pickups over the years,
    M Vrabel, R Harrison, T Washington in 03, etc have worked out quite well.

Denver is taking the same approach. Seriously does anyone believe the Redskins are marketly improved with Randel El etc. They have 4 smurf recievers and only 1 ball to throw them.

Football is not like baseball, you usually don't buy championships by outspending everyone else.

Denver will be fine. They are in better shape than SD (losing Drew Brees)
    and Oakland (no QB currently)

I say Denver and KC will contend for the AFC West next year as it stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    I agree with you. This is how the Pats won 3 of 4 Super Bowls recently. They never overspent for anyone and most of their FA pickups over the years,
    M Vrabel, R Harrison, T Washington in 03, etc have worked out quite well.

I say Denver and KC will contend for the AFC West next year as it stands now.
    Bingo you said it Medford, and i think shanny and ted realize some of the ingredients
    the pats used during those years, and are focused more on that then anything.

The again we have never known shanny/bowlen to spend there money
    foolishly, well gardner was a bust, and so was the punk rb last year i forgot
    his name already, oh yeah clarrice .

I would be shocked if the broncos do sign T.O., bringing in guys with little or
    no character is very UN characteristic of them to do so.

I see some people on these boards nashing about rookies helping us, these are the people who get up and walk away from a chess match, they dont see the grand scheme that shanny and ted preach, to you guys, just watch what are draft does for us this year, just watch

throwback sig by snk16

[IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohn_just-another-day-in-da-studio.gif[/IMG]

Bump

Had to bump my post i made back in March, this has been an exciting draft
    day for the broncos in some time, and patience is what we witnessed during free agency with the broncos, and now the broncos and geen bay trade brings in javon walker with cutler in the stable. WOW !! IS THE WORDS COMING FROM MY MOUTH.

throwback sig by snk16

Yeah, it is like chess in another way too. Great Chess players think 4-5? moves ahead? Well whatever the number is, you can't be short-sighted in FA or the draft. Cutler is going to be here for the next 10 years, if he's all he's cracked up to be.

It was either C. Jackson or Javon. I'd take Javon.

Now hopefully we get something great for the 61.