Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

This posted on Fox Sports

Sun columnist Mike Preston says the Ravens may try and shore up their offensive line by trading LB Ray Lewis to the Broncos for either of their offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2504522

Why would we want Ray Lewis?

i dunno. thats a pretty crappy rumor

Yeah, right....

Let's trade away one of our most critical positions with absolutely no depth for an old guy at a position we're already incredibly talented at. No way this happens, it's crazy.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

Someone tell this guy we are already set at Middle Linebacker. However I did enjoy the following part of the article.

"The players the Ravens have signed, with apologies to Lewis and linebacker Bart Scott, are nothing more than stopgap players. Pryce, 30, missed 14 games in 2004 with a herniated disc in his lower back. He managed just four sacks in 16 games last season and recorded just 15 tackles in his last nine games. Yet the Ravens gave him a five-year, $25 million contract that included $10 million in guaranteed money."

"In the case of Pryce, the Ravens panicked after losing Weaver."

I don't see the Broncos taking any trade for Ray Lewis. The Nate Webster signing pretty much rules that out at this point. Your LB corps is set.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

I would welcome Lewis with open arms we could go to a 3-4 for sure with that guy imagine this. D.J., Lewis, Wilson, Gold then Brown at DE, Warren NT, Ekuban DE. Pretty good front 7. It would allow us to turn Gold loose to chase the QB.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer
    I would welcome Lewis with open arms we could go to a 3-4 for sure with that guy imagine this. D.J., Lewis, Wilson, Gold then Brown at DE, Warren NT, Ekuban DE. Pretty good front 7. It would allow us to turn Gold loose to chase the QB.

and kill our offensive line.

clearly, this was either a jest or a piece of wishful thinking in baltimore. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

two words, al wilson

Quote Originally Posted by portis26hb
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,759131.column

"Either way, the Ravens are expected to be a power running team again. That's great, except they still don't have the physical, dominating line up front. The Ravens are still shopping around middle linebacker Ray Lewis as trade bait, possibly to the Denver Broncos for one of their two offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster."

Dosent really make sense to me at all....where would we put Ray? Would we switch to a 3-4 and grab Abraham too?
    You're right it doesn't make sense. Where would we put him? No we wouldn't grab both of them. Besides that, Lewis prefers to play in 4-3 rather than a 3-4.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanInPA
    I think the Baltimore Sun needs to institute a drug screening policy for their reporters
    Haha, yea....

I think we should take the deal and then also get Lavar Arrington.

That would be awesome!

Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Professional Hell Raiser.
    Broncos turning over a new leaf? Looks like we want to become the Denver Criminals. Dang.

Pipe Dream

Quote Originally Posted by portis26hb
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,759131.column

"Either way, the Ravens are expected to be a power running team again. That's great, except they still don't have the physical, dominating line up front. The Ravens are still shopping around middle linebacker Ray Lewis as trade bait, possibly to the Denver Broncos for one of their two offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster."

Dosent really make sense to me at all....where would we put Ray? Would we switch to a 3-4 and grab Abraham too?
    Lewis is a game changing LB not matter what you think about him. But the Broncos would have to change to a 3-4 which Coyer refuses to do. The Bronco's couldn't afford him even if they wanted him. Look at his contract....he's the highest paid LB in the game....did I miss something or did Daniel Snyder aquire the broncos in FA too?????
    Last edited by IRISHIDIOT; 03-15-2006 at 12:01 PM.