• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickmeyer
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
    Lewis is a game changing LB not matter what you think about him. But the Broncos would have to change to a 3-4 which Coyer refuses to do. The Bronco's couldn't afford him even if they wanted him. Look at his contract....he's the highest paid LB in the game....did I miss something or did Daniel Snyder aquire the broncos in FA too?????
    We could afford him if we traded Lepsis.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• portis26hb
      Practice Squad
      • Nov 2003

i highly doubt it will happen as well, but it would be SICK if we had a 3-4 of DJ-Wilson-Lewis-Gold

Comment

• Blue&Orange2456
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by nickmeyer
        I would welcome Lewis with open arms we could go to a 3-4 for sure with that guy imagine this. D.J., Lewis, Wilson, Gold then Brown at DE, Warren NT, Ekuban DE. Pretty good front 7. It would allow us to turn Gold loose to chase the QB.
        But we can't leave out a very solid LB pickup in Nate Webster. I wouldn't mind having him here, but we don't need him.

"What defines a true player is not how he helps himself, but how he help others around him. That is true greatness..."

Comment

• Broncosinindy
          Thunder God
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by portis26hb
          http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,759131.column

"Either way, the Ravens are expected to be a power running team again. That's great, except they still don't have the physical, dominating line up front. The Ravens are still shopping around middle linebacker Ray Lewis as trade bait, possibly to the Denver Broncos for one of their two offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster."

Dosent really make sense to me at all....where would we put Ray? Would we switch to a 3-4 and grab Abraham too?
          hahaha ray is on his way down .. down down down
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Astrass
            Special Teams
            • Jan 2005

I dont want this to happen at all. But here's my 2cp. We tampered with the idea of going 3-4 last year. If you all remember the constant talks about it on the boards and everywhere else. IF (and thats a huge if) Ray Lewis was added the intensity of our LB core would be unbelieveable. So lets think now.....we've added another LB, have one back up(green) and are trying to re-sign burns. That's going to make 6 line backers, add Lewis and we have 7. 7 line backers equals a strong rotation in a 3-4 with back ups. Now how many Dline men do we have? Not as much as we used to and we don't seem to be going after many more. Less Depth at D-line maybe because we're only gonna have 3 people up there? Hmmm...... makes ya wonder what's going on back there.

Ok these are just ideas but lets think about it:

Give up Foster for Ray Lewis. Switch up to a 3-4. Brown - Warren - Ekuban w/ Engleburger and who ever else on rotation. D.J. - Wilson - Lewis - Gold w/ Webster, Green, Burns on rotation/back-up.

Now, how do we address the hole Foster left? Trade our 2 first round picks to SF for their 6th pick and Land D'Brickashaw Ferguson. What makes me think they would want to trade? I don't know but since they suck so bad they could probably use a couple more 1st round picks. Maybe we could throw in a conditional pick or something. So.....we improve our Oline by doing this, maybe improve our D (at least Lynch wouldnt have to blitz as much so he can try to do more coverage) and would be cap friendly. Thought I don't like change that much especialy sine the team did so well this idea intrigues me.
            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

• LABRONCO
              Practice Squad
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jvw
              let some other team have the murderer
              dude why not ray lewis? 2 me even as a bronco fan i think ray lewis is the best LB in the nfl. murderer? well if he did it or not who cares man serious, some of u people really do need 2 get over things.

Comment

• Jared
                Retired Mod
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by LABRONCO
                dude why not ray lewis? 2 me even as a bronco fan i think ray lewis is the best LB in the nfl. murderer? well if he did it or not who cares man serious, some of u people really do need 2 get over things.
                If he did it or not who cares?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

• Perry1977
                  Hollow.
                  • Aug 2003

Yeah, you know, it's just murder. It happens every day. OMFG SIGN HIM !(*$NFS WE NEED RAY LEWIS OMFG TRADE JAKE OMG OMG!!!!1111!!!!!!

Comment

• WABronco
                    I'M driving the bandwagon
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Perry1977
                    Yeah, you know, it's just murder. It happens every day. OMFG SIGN HIM !(*$NFS WE NEED RAY LEWIS OMFG TRADE JAKE OMG OMG!!!!1111!!!!!!
                    Double murder...it's double murder. You know, "double murder" Peanut Butter...

Comment

• Jared
                      Retired Mod
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by WABronco
                      Double murder...it's double murder. You know, "double murder" Peanut Butter...
                      Can I order a double murder? With room at the top for extortion and assault, please?

How much does that cost?

Comment

• OhNoKoolAid
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jared
                        Can I order a double murder with room for extortion and assault, please?

How much does that cost?
                        I believe that would run something around 330-340 lbs., according to "the Sun."

Comment

• LABRONCO
                          Practice Squad
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Perry1977
                          dude are u ok? u making yourself look pretty dumb.

Comment

• Perry1977
                            Hollow.
                            • Aug 2003

Omfg Ray Lewis Stupid Shanny!!!11!!11!1!!! Ray Can Stay In My Room Omfg!!!! Who Cares If He Cuts Some People Down In Denver At Least He Used To Be The Best Lb In The Game Omfg Shanny Sign Him!! Fire Jake!!@!!#!

Comment

• Jared
                              Retired Mod
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                              I believe that would run something around 330-340 lbs., according to "the Sun."

Oh damn, and you guys don't take checks, eh?

Well, maybe I'll 'hit up" some cash.

Hey.......you.............yeah you.......(trails off)

Comment

• Perry1977
                                Hollow.
                                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by LABRONCO
                                u making yourself look pretty dumb.

Well, that's the idea. After all, it is an impression of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X