Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    849

    Lightbulb A brilliant possible move, that would make me a very happy fan. (vernon davis)

    Alright now, this is nothing but talks and rumours but now that the lions have filled the void at QB I am hearing that Detroit is looking to move down in the draft and obtain maybe another late first rounder. Reciever Charles Rogers is a part of the deal to help them get another pick.

    Alright seeing that detroit has the 9th pick, I think it would be a brilliant move if we made a deal with detroit here is what it would look like.

    Our 2 first rounders

    for

    Lions #9 pick and Charles Rogers

    now this isnt too far fetched and I would be delighted if it happens, but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.

    With the lions first round pick we could draft the very athletic prospect Vernon Davis, because its no secret we need a tight end and why not get a big play capable guy? Sure we have Wesley Duke but he is raw very raw and hasnt proven anything yet.

    so basically if you skipped to the end lions get our 2 first rounders and we get WR Charles Rogers and their #9 pick and take Vernon Davis.

    your thoughts please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    Charles Rodgers makes a ton of money. Getting him means absolutely NO Abraham or TO. And what if the Niners take VD at 6?

    But then again... you just assumed that John Kitna is a end all QB solution lmao.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    577
    Davis won't make it past the 49ers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    But then again... you just assumed that John Kitna is a end all QB solution lmao.
    They signed McCown today.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by brom66an6
    Davis won't make it past the 49ers.




    They signed McCown today.
    Again, a joke. Lmao.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    i dont think we would get the #9 and rodgers. but we might be able to get the #9.

    we could not get abraham and still have the two firsts to trade. so it would either be trade the two firsts OR get abe. cant have both.

    im not sure davis would still be there at 9. but i would guess that either he or ngata would be. both would be huge upgrades in positions of need.

    so that brings me to this. if we traded the 2 firsts and moved up to 9, lets say we get either davis or ngata (im not sure it makes sense to move up and take anyone else, although i would love to see huff in the orange and blue, but kept at safety). we would not have addressed the speed rusher situation. but would that be a problem?

    if we got davis, our offense might become unstoppable. you then still have a weak spot on defense, but would it be worth it to have a someone the potential of davis on the roster?

    or if we got ngata, we would still have that void at rush end, but a lineup of brown, warren and ngata might be enough to allow ekuban to become that double digit sack guy. even if not, i would think our overall sack production would HAVE to go up with ngata on the team.

    so to summarize, i dont think you could get abraham and move up (unless of course next years pick became involved, but i dont want to get to extravagant here). so would people be happy if we didnt address the speed end situation, but were able to add vernon davis or ngata instead?
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    i dont think we would get the #9 and rodgers. but we might be able to get the #9.

    we could not get abraham and still have the two firsts to trade. so it would either be trade the two firsts OR get abe. cant have both.

    im not sure davis would still be there at 9. but i would guess that either he or ngata would be. both would be huge upgrades in positions of need.

    so that brings me to this. if we traded the 2 firsts and moved up to 9, lets say we get either davis or ngata (im not sure it makes sense to move up and take anyone else, although i would love to see huff in the orange and blue, but kept at safety). we would not have addressed the speed rusher situation. but would that be a problem?

    if we got davis, our offense might become unstoppable. you then still have a weak spot on defense, but would it be worth it to have a someone the potential of davis on the roster?

    or if we got ngata, we would still have that void at rush end, but a lineup of brown, warren and ngata might be enough to allow ekuban to become that double digit sack guy. even if not, i would think our overall sack production would HAVE to go up with ngata on the team.

    so to summarize, i dont think you could get abraham and move up (unless of course next years pick became involved, but i dont want to get to extravagant here). so would people be happy if we didnt address the speed end situation, but were able to add vernon davis or ngata instead?

    I agree, wasn't Rodgers a first rounder himself? I doubt they trade a first rounder (Rodgers) and a low #9 pick for our 22 and 29.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    849
    ^Charles Rogers is a major talent (wasnt used right in det) but the Lions have issues with rogers and there front office isnt too bright I heard they might just cut him soon anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.
    ^Remember that.....I know all the cards gotta fit right.

    it be a risk reward situation, maybe manny lawson would slip to us in the 2nd round lol I mean that a huge maybe and not a good chance but that be cool with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    Again, a joke. Lmao.
    I wouldn't call having kitna and mccown a joke, mccown is still young and he could be something nice.

    .......its not really any better than what we got as our QB situation, if jake goes down we got bvp = / who is too raw for my taste and runs more then he throws.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    Charles Rodgers makes a ton of money. Getting him means absolutely NO Abraham or TO. And what if the Niners take VD at 6?

    But then again... you just assumed that John Kitna is a end all QB solution lmao.
    hey i am all for nicknames, but maybe we can stay away from calling him VD. Not exactly sure I want to be at a draft party with a bunch of guys shouting "We got VD, we got VD, we got VD"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    27 29 S / 153 8 E
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Alright now, this is nothing but talks and rumours but now that the lions have filled the void at QB I am hearing that Detroit is looking to move down in the draft and obtain maybe another late first rounder. Reciever Charles Rogers is a part of the deal to help them get another pick.

    Alright seeing that detroit has the 9th pick, I think it would be a brilliant move if we made a deal with detroit here is what it would look like.

    Our 2 first rounders

    for

    Lions #9 pick and Charles Rogers

    now this isnt too far fetched and I would be delighted if it happens, but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.

    With the lions first round pick we could draft the very athletic prospect Vernon Davis, because its no secret we need a tight end and why not get a big play capable guy? Sure we have Wesley Duke but he is raw very raw and hasnt proven anything yet.

    so basically if you skipped to the end lions get our 2 first rounders and we get WR Charles Rogers and their #9 pick and take Vernon Davis.

    your thoughts please.
    I highly doubt we would get Charles (who I woul;dn't mind giving a shot in Denver) AND their #9, but #9 is good enough for me.

    Heck, with this crap-talk of trading out of the first all-together, this seems like pure genious to me. The value of our picks are pretty close to spot-on for moving up to #9.

    If we could manage it, I would say go for it.

    Last week I was a absolutely against such a move, but this non-sense of trading our 1sts away for next year has changed everything. Now I say, if they can move up and get this pick - do it dangit!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    I highly doubt we would get Charles (who I woul;dn't mind giving a shot in Denver) AND their #9, but #9 is good enough for me.

    Heck, with this crap-talk of trading out of the first all-together, this seems like pure genious to me. The value of our picks are pretty close to spot-on for moving up to #9.

    If we could manage it, I would say go for it.

    Last week I was a absolutely against such a move, but this non-sense of trading our 1sts away for next year has changed everything. Now I say, if they can move up and get this pick - do it dangit!
    But if the 9ers pick VD would your two first rounders be worth whoever you end up getting with that # 9 pick?
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Alright now, this is nothing but talks and rumours but now that the lions have filled the void at QB I am hearing that Detroit is looking to move down in the draft and obtain maybe another late first rounder. Reciever Charles Rogers is a part of the deal to help them get another pick.

    Alright seeing that detroit has the 9th pick, I think it would be a brilliant move if we made a deal with detroit here is what it would look like.

    Our 2 first rounders

    for

    Lions #9 pick and Charles Rogers

    now this isnt too far fetched and I would be delighted if it happens, but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.

    With the lions first round pick we could draft the very athletic prospect Vernon Davis, because its no secret we need a tight end and why not get a big play capable guy? Sure we have Wesley Duke but he is raw very raw and hasnt proven anything yet.

    so basically if you skipped to the end lions get our 2 first rounders and we get WR Charles Rogers and their #9 pick and take Vernon Davis.

    your thoughts please.
    Please stop this stuff! It's too depressing!

    Look! Have you guys not been paying attention? Far from thinking about moving UP in the first round, Shanahan has apparently been talking to other teams about trading away BOTH Denver's #1 draft picks -- because they would cost too much to sign!

    I have already ranted all I'm going to about how insane that is.

    But, if he's considering trading DOWN out of the 1st round altogether what on Earth makes anyone think he'd consider moving up to grab Vernon Davis?

    When was the last time Shanahan moved up into the top 10? NEVER!

    And he never will!

    Worst of all. If some team GAVE him a draft pick and said "here -- Sign Vernon Davis!" Shanahan wouldn't be able to pay him! There's NOT ENOUGH $ left under the cap to sign a top 10 pick.

    So there is essentially NO chance of this happening. Personally, I'd be thrilled. But, there's just no chance at all.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    27 29 S / 153 8 E
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    But if the 9ers pick VD would your two first rounders be worth whoever you end up getting with that # 9 pick?
    If they want a Veneral Disease they can have it.

    Even if Davis IS gone, Ngata, or Huff will still be around and I say yes, it would still be worth it.

    A week ago, no, but since this garbage of us trading away for next year... I say this is a far better option than throwing away the 1st round AGAIN.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    If they want a Veneral Disease they can have it.

    Even if Davis IS gone, Ngata, or Huff will still be around and I say yes, it would still be worth it.

    A week ago, no, but since this garbage of us trading away for next year... I say this is a far better option than throwing away the 1st round AGAIN.
    Huff would be a great pick, but do you guys have enough CAP space to sign him and the other draft picks? kinda like what cugel was saying
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    27 29 S / 153 8 E
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Huff would be a great pick, but do you guys have enough CAP space to sign him and the other draft picks? kinda like what cugel was saying
    That's all hogwash... last I heard we were 4.75 million under, not including already budgeted draft monies.

    Until there are concrete figures (right now everything being reported contradicts what some other media outlet says), I will not believe we are at our absolute limit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    That's all hogwash... last I heard we were 4.75 million under, not including already budgeted draft monies.

    Until there are concrete figures (right now everything being reported contradicts what some other media outlet says), I will not believe we are at our absolute limit.
    O, but usually the top 10 picks want a little bit more money than the rest of the people. SO if you do pay your first pick i dont know how much would be left to sign the other what 10 drafted players
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •