Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    O, but usually the top 10 picks want a little bit more money than the rest of the people. SO if you do pay your first pick i dont know how much would be left to sign the other what 10 drafted players
    Like I said "already budgeted", they put aside a certain ammount depending on the number of picks, and the position of those picks, according to the previous draft + a certain percentage raise in pay, compared to last year.

It would only change slightly as we would have only one 1st instead of two, granted it is a higher pick and therefore more money, but nothing terribly drastic.

Charles Rodgers is also a no-character guy with a drug suspension last year...I'll take a fat pass on him.

This idea could work, but we wouldn't get a defensive end that we need.

I really like Vernon Davis though.

[QUOTE=The Dyna$ty]Alright now, this is nothing but talks and rumours but now that the lions have filled the void at QB I am hearing that Detroit is looking to move down in the draft and obtain maybe another late first rounder. Reciever Charles Rogers is a part of the deal to help them get another pick.

Alright seeing that detroit has the 9th pick, I think it would be a brilliant move if we made a deal with detroit here is what it would look like.

Our 2 first rounders

for

Lions #9 pick and Charles Rogers

now this isnt too far fetched and I would be delighted if it happens, but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.

With the lions first round pick we could draft the very athletic prospect Vernon Davis, because its no secret we need a tight end and why not get a big play capable guy? Sure we have Wesley Duke but he is raw very raw and hasnt proven anything yet.

so basically if you skipped to the end lions get our 2 first rounders and we get WR Charles Rogers and their #9 pick and take Vernon Davis.

your thoughts please. [/QUOTE

Theres no way the Lions would give up 13 spots in the draft and a receiver like Charles Rodgers for picks 22 and 29 from us...just no way

Wow does this thread suck. The 29th and 22nd together doesn't equal the 9th pick, nevermind the 9th pick + a quality WR. Add to that the fact that Vernon Davis isn't going past 7th...
    Congrats to current Denver Broncos and former University of Maryland Terrapins:
    #22 Dominique Foxworth
    #40 Curome Cox

[QUOTE=maguiff3]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Alright now, this is nothing but talks and rumours but now that the lions have filled the void at QB I am hearing that Detroit is looking to move down in the draft and obtain maybe another late first rounder. Reciever Charles Rogers is a part of the deal to help them get another pick.

Alright seeing that detroit has the 9th pick, I think it would be a brilliant move if we made a deal with detroit here is what it would look like.

Our 2 first rounders

for

Lions #9 pick and Charles Rogers

now this isnt too far fetched and I would be delighted if it happens, but this all would likely revolve around if we get TO or Abraham to fill our needs at certain positions and would prolly be a day of the draft move.

With the lions first round pick we could draft the very athletic prospect Vernon Davis, because its no secret we need a tight end and why not get a big play capable guy? Sure we have Wesley Duke but he is raw very raw and hasnt proven anything yet.

so basically if you skipped to the end lions get our 2 first rounders and we get WR Charles Rogers and their #9 pick and take Vernon Davis.

your thoughts please. [/QUOTE

Theres no way the Lions would give up 13 spots in the draft and a receiver like Charles Rodgers for picks 22 and 29 from us...just no way
    Actually the #9 pick is worth 1350 points, Denver's two picks are worth 1420 so the Lions MIGHT want to part with it for Denver's pick and COULD throw in Charles Rodgers.

But, the Broncos probably can't PAY a #9 pick plus satisfying Rodgers and stil have enough money left to sign all their remaining draft picks.

ONce again! The Broncos are looking to trade DOWN, not UP!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

^okay well take rodgers out of the equation.....its a good deal for us

and I still think we should sign Charles Rodgers if the lions release him.....he has sooo much potential its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MowrMowr
    Wow does this thread suck. The 29th and 22nd together doesn't equal the 9th pick, nevermind the 9th pick + a quality WR. Add to that the fact that Vernon Davis isn't going past 7th...
    Its far fetched, its the detroit lions here.......its known they are thinking releasing charles rogers they dont want him in a detroit uniform, they could get more value with 2 later picks

and if vernon isnt there we can draft huff and or maybe someone will slip #9 is a great spot to have and youll for sure guy to help a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    here's NOT ENOUGH $ left under the cap to sign a top 10 pick.

So there is essentially NO chance of this happening. Personally, I'd be thrilled. But, there's just no chance at all.
    Money is put aside for draft picks man.

Smile Its Detroit!

Don't rule anything out when you are working with Detroit. They have had alot of trouble with Rogers and probably would be better just to get rid of him. He has major talent, but has been a pain since going to Detroit. His money would be a problem. It would be worth both 1st round picks if we could get Davis. The trick is to not finalize the deal until you know who is still available. That is done all the time on draft day. If Rogers comes in the deal, trade him for DeAngelo Williams or for another draft pick and grab DeAngelo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty
    Money is put aside for draft picks man.
    Ummm no, Cugel is right, youo guys wont have enough money.
    money is put aside, the 4.5 mill you are wanting them to spend on Rogers and the top 10 pick, moneyh is valuable, and the Broncos dont have alot of it
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^