Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: dj over webster

dj over webster

just out of curiousity because ive heard this would u guys be mad if shanahan started nate webster over dj? u kno since shanahan and dj already have a bad relationship
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86
    just out of curiousity because ive heard this would u guys be mad if shanahan started nate webster over dj? u kno since shanahan and dj already have a bad relationship
    I highly doubt that would happen.

u never kno........ but i do kno that mike dont like him to much right now
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

u never kno........ but i do kno that mike dont like him to much right now
    Yea but if he really didnt like him, and if DJ wanted to leave he would have already been traded as we have seen in the past. (ONeal, Middlebrooks, Portis, Droughns)

yea thats tru, well anyways i was just curious because i like our super fast linebackers and i especially like dj so i didnt wanna see him sitten on the bench

NO WAY he starts over DJ.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

I still see DJ as are starter unless Nate does something special in training camp to take it away form him.

The numbers may have not reflected it, but D.J. did a terrific job for his first year at Sam (strongside OLB). Remember, he had always played Will (weakside) before. The real payoff from putting him there will be this next year, now that he has the system down, I believe.

I also believe that D.J. was put at Sam, not because Gold was better at Will (D.J. was great there), but because D.J. would be better than Gold at Sam. The need for upgrade did not exist the year before at Will (where D.J. was playing) but on the opposite side. In other words, the switch was not because of Gold's superiority but because of D.J.'s excellence.

D.J. got on the wrong side of Shanny a little because of off-field behavior. However, that is likely behind him, and Shanny has a short memory in that area . . . . IF the player changes his ways.

Webster is good, but D.J. is better. Webster will be second string.

IMHO.

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 03-20-2006 at 11:21 AM.

yea i was just worried because we all kno that dj didnt have the best season

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    The numbers may have not reflected it, but D.J. did a terrific job for his first year at Sam (strongside OLB). Remember, he had always played Will (weakside) before. The real payoff from putting him there will be this next year, now that he has the system down, I believe.

I also believe that D.J. was put at Sam, not because Gold was better at Will but because D.J. would be better at Sam . . . . because D.J. was great at Will. The need for upgrade did not exist the year before at Will (where D.J. was playing) but on the opposite side. In other words, the switch was not because of Gold's superiority but because of D.J.'s excellence.

D.J. got on the wrong side of Shanny a little because of off-field behavior. However, that is likely behind him, and Shanny has a short memory in that area . . . . IF the player changes his ways.

Webster is good, but D.J. is better. Webster will be second string.

IMHO.

-----
    Good post, Top....
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

i hope ur right top scribe

I look at Webster as filling in the role of Chukwara last year, a special teamer and backup linebacker (as top said). Coyer will probably use him in certain pass rushing situations as he did with Chukwara last year.

Webster is probably an upgrade.

i hope ur right top scribe
    Well, if I'm not, then remember that we upgraded the position with a new player.

That's not bad, is it?

-----

yea i believe he is better than patrick

i mean no its not bad but, well i like havin fast linebackers and webster is fast but hes no dj